Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

This club is amazing. Cobra brought it with this line for sure.

I have never gotten such penetrating ball flight with a driver... and this was into a 30-40 mph wind and with range balls. I was just shocked at how solid this club felt with the stock shaft and loft.

I want one in every color to match my mood for the day. I'm no bomber by any stretch, but this driver was as close as it got for me of everything at the Iowa outing.

funny thing is...I only saw a red one so when I saw the orange it looked completely different.

Love the amount of adustability this has along with the different shaft options. Well done!

I didn't spend a ton of time with this driver in St. Louis but after reading all of these I kind of wish I had. Gave it a few swings and it felt nice and had a very pleasing sound, my driver swing has been awful as of late so I didn't hit many drivers on the range. Love the adjust ability and color choices makes it a very personal and unique driver.

Love that you can adjust loft without face angle. So do they only sell one driver and you pick the degree? No more 9.5, 10.5,11.5, etc...I don't like that you have to pick between draw or fade. Also don't like that its My Fly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to try these out this weekend at Bentwater

War Eagle from my iPhone

Love that you can adjust loft without face angle. So do they only sell one driver and you pick the degree? No more 9.5, 10.5,11.5, etc...I don't like that you have to pick between draw or fade. Also don't like that its My Fly. The first article called it McFly. Which is way cooler.

CORRECTION: That was a typo it is My Fly NOT McFly.

CORRECTION: That was a typo it is My Fly NOT McFly.

I like your McFly much better... I suggest you contact Cobra right now & cash in - 'cause I think everybody will like McFly much better. Unless of course McFly is trademarked!

The one I hit in Des Moines was set to 8.5* and I smoked it.....took 5 swings and everyone was long and straight...not a hint of draw or fade....just dead straight and killed!

i forsee one of these in jlukes bag...

JB do we know what their plans are as far as adapters go? I know I ask this about all of the adjustable drivers that get released.

I really liked the look of this driver as I was setting up to the ball. I tested the red'ish colored one and I think the setting was on 9.5 degrees. Honestly tough to find a nicer driver to look down at. It's one of the bigger headed drivers that I've hit that I wasn't bother by the size.

I'm having a hard time remembering what shaft was in it, but whichever one it was I did not care for it. It just felt really soft and it gave me an extremely high ball flight.

However the driver has a really great sound to it and performed really well on some of my not so good swings. I'm really looking forward to trying it out with a different shaft so I can get a better feel of the driver.

If I can get the right shaft in that driver, I will be all over it. I'm definitely gonna be saving up for this one!!

HAHA....and ball speeds of 1.21 gigawatts

The McFly version is only available to those with swing speeds of 88 MPH

Really curious to find out which version/shaft we all hit at the Tour Events. I know I hit it with the stock loft and stiff shaft. Just not sure which model it was.

Again, what they are doing with the adjustability aspect is great. No more choosing between loft models. And having color options is always fun too. A fantastic new line from Cobra this year!

That Pro model is calling me. I skimmed a little, are this low spin heads?

Had a local GS employee that had an opportunity to hit this beast, tell me the head of this driver is unbelievable. The ball just flies off the face and the loft adjustability was spectacular. He did mention he wasn't a fan of the stock shaft and when he asked the cobra Rep of aftermarket shafts was a possibility, the COBRA rep had "no comment". This could be a game changer if they have custom/aftermarket shafts available.

Any word on what shafts will be offered in the pro model?

I really like the looks of this driver. I'm a big fan of the Amp, and this driver looks pretty revolutionary. I like that they offer it in several colors, but I think having black as an option would have been smart.

Great look and some cool innovations. This whole lineup looks sick.

Back