Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

It's a tough call, AMP Cell or AMP Cell Pro...(ZL has moved to the background for now.) Has anyone really compared to the Cell & Cell Pro versions? With the same shaft?

I might need this one...

This one is cool too!

It's a tough call, AMP Cell or AMP Cell Pro...(ZL has moved to the background for now.) Has anyone really compared to the Cell & Cell Pro versions? With the same shaft?
I had some limited experience with both this weekend, I liked the AMP Cell Pro better, but it was more of a feel and a bit better performance from those few swings. But they were the stock shafts for both which are different. I was leaning AMP Cell Pro in silver!
I might need this one...

This one is cool too!

Those are both packed full on info!!!

I had some limited experience with both this weekend, I liked the AMP Cell Pro better, but it was more of a feel and a bit better performance from those few swings. But they were the stock shafts for both which are different. I was leaning AMP Cell Pro in silver!

Those are both packed full on info!!!

I'm leaning on the AMP Pro in silver as well!

We went to the local golf store today to see if we can find the ladies version in blue. I sent Nerf a picture of it from the same store last week. She is a fan of the pink but wants to see the light blue in person. The guy in the store tried giving her the Offset version, she said that wasn't what she was looking for. Then he gave her the regular blue, again she said not what she is looking for. He checked the club room and fitting cart and said they must have sold the ladies blue version because he's never seen it. He then tried to sell her the Covert driver. #fail

We went to the local golf store today to see if we can find the ladies version in blue. I sent Nerf a picture of it from the same store last week. She is a fan of the pink but wants to see the light blue in person. The guy in the store tried giving her the Offset version, she said that wasn't what she was looking for. Then he gave her the regular blue, again she said not what she is looking for. He checked the club room and fitting cart and said they must have sold the ladies blue version because he's never seen it. He then tried to sell her the Covert driver. #fail

That is awful.

Wow epic fail. I bet Cobra wouldn't be pleased at all!

Siri speaks for me!

Alright guys.. Figured it was time to share some success.

A little bit about me first.. I don't really get a chance to try most drivers before I buy. Here in KC both Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy have exactly ZERO demo equipment in LH. I have been told I can hit trade ins before buying, but if I want a new model.. No chance. That being said, it is a lot of buying sight unseen. In the last year I have gamed the R11s, Classic, and Amp. I enjoyed my time with each, but the Amp is what won out and had me coming back for more. Something about it just wanted to go straight, straighter than the other two at least. I am not the longest hitter in the world.. Somewhere around 250-260 total driver distance, but I struggle most with control. My miss is a Big ol OTT slice, and no driver will fix that.

When I saw the Amp Cell, I knew I wanted it. It was between the Cell and the Covert, and the lack of adapters had me worried with the Covert, so I settled on the beautiful blue bomber Amp Cell. The day I got it I couldn't stop staring at it. I adjusted the loft to every position, just to see what the face looked like, and it setup the exact same way every single time. I put it at 11.5 and went to bed, knowing that Sunday I had 18 holes to get used to the thing.

Me and my buddy arrived late to the course, so no time to hit it before we played. We drove up to the first tee and the starter informed us we had to tee off within the next minute or two or else we would have to wait for the next group, so I grabbed my driver took a couple practice swings and headed to the tee. I lined the ball up and hit an absolute bomb of a drive.. Right down the freaking middle. It had great height on it, I struggle sometimes with the low ball, but this thing just kept carrying and carrying. My friend hit his, and I OUTDROVE him. This probably won't mean anything to you guys, but he is consistently 8-10 yards further from me eveyr hole. I chalked it up to a bad swing by him and finished the hole...

The whole day was more of the same. Straight bombs, with maybe an occasional baby fade. I only missed 2 fairways the entire day. For me, that is incredible. Not only did I only miss 2 FWs, but they were barely missed, in the first cut. It was the first round in recent memory I didn't hit a drive OB. I was a bit worried about the Fujikura Fuel shaft, but it held up amazingly to me. I could feel the head throughout the swing, and it loaded beautifully for me.

The entire day, my friend outdrove me one time, that is when I caught it way out on the toe and it was a high fade that landed on the left side of the fairway in the first cut, and that time he only outdrove me by about 5 yards. At the end of the day he was telling me he was going straight to Golfsmith to hit this thing. He was a big skeptic of Cobra, as he is a Cleveland guy, but I had him contemplating this thing.

I don't know if it is a honeymoon period or what, but this thing performed better than any driver I have ever hit. IT looks gorgeous, frames the ball amazingly and just wants to go straight. I am sure there are longer drivers out there for me, but if I hit 80% of FWs with this thing.. It isn't going anywhere.

Cannot positively Cannot say I have been this excited for a club in my bag in a long long time. This thing could be a game changer for me

A little bit about me first.. I don't really get a chance to try most drivers before I buy. Here in KC both Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy have exactly ZERO demo equipment in LH. I have been told I can hit trade ins before buying, but if I want a new model.. No chance. That being said, it is a lot of buying sight unseen. In the last year I have gamed the R11s, Classic, and Amp. I enjoyed my time with each, but the Amp is what won out and had me coming back for more. Something about it just wanted to go straight, straighter than the other two at least. I am not the longest hitter in the world.. Somewhere around 250-260 total driver distance, but I struggle most with control. My miss is a Big ol OTT slice, and no driver will fix that.

When I saw the Amp Cell, I knew I wanted it. It was between the Cell and the Covert, and the lack of adapters had me worried with the Covert, so I settled on the beautiful blue bomber Amp Cell. The day I got it I couldn't stop staring at it. I adjusted the loft to every position, just to see what the face looked like, and it setup the exact same way every single time. I put it at 11.5 and went to bed, knowing that Sunday I had 18 holes to get used to the thing.

Me and my buddy arrived late to the course, so no time to hit it before we played. We drove up to the first tee and the starter informed us we had to tee off within the next minute or two or else we would have to wait for the next group, so I grabbed my driver took a couple practice swings and headed to the tee. I lined the ball up and hit an absolute bomb of a drive.. Right down the freaking middle. It had great height on it, I struggle sometimes with the low ball, but this thing just kept carrying and carrying. My friend hit his, and I OUTDROVE him. This probably won't mean anything to you guys, but he is consistently 8-10 yards further from me eveyr hole. I chalked it up to a bad swing by him and finished the hole...

The whole day was more of the same. Straight bombs, with maybe an occasional baby fade. I only missed 2 fairways the entire day. For me, that is incredible. Not only did I only miss 2 FWs, but they were barely missed, in the first cut. It was the first round in recent memory I didn't hit a drive OB. I was a bit worried about the Fujikura Fuel shaft, but it held up amazingly to me. I could feel the head throughout the swing, and it loaded beautifully for me.

The entire day, my friend outdrove me one time, that is when I caught it way out on the toe and it was a high fade that landed on the left side of the fairway in the first cut, and that time he only outdrove me by about 5 yards. At the end of the day he was telling me he was going straight to Golfsmith to hit this thing. He was a big skeptic of Cobra, as he is a Cleveland guy, but I had him contemplating this thing.

I don't know if it is a honeymoon period or what, but this thing performed better than any driver I have ever hit. IT looks gorgeous, frames the ball amazingly and just wants to go straight. I am sure there are longer drivers out there for me, but if I hit 80% of FWs with this thing.. It isn't going anywhere.

Cannot positively Cannot say I have been this excited for a club in my bag in a long long time. This thing could be a game changer for me

Love it! I've been waiting to read your thoughts since yesterday's teaser.

Sounds like we are both having the same game-changing experiences. I've always been long with my driver, but have never been consistent. The Amp Cell has changed all of that. I'm 80% fairways hit after 2 full rounds. I'm getting length and I'm getting unparalleled accuracy. I don't think a driver could be more of a perfect fit for me, and it sounds like you are finding the same!

#bluebomber
#fairwayfinder

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

dear cobra. I am ready to submit an order.

That's awesome TH! This thing just does not let you slice/hook at all. It is a fun driver to hit, that's for sure.

Quick point of reference:

I started using the Golflogix app last summer for stat tracking.

Last year I hit 33 of 133 fairways (24.8%).

With the Amp Cell I'm 20 for 25 (80%).

get ready, you never know when that PM will come.

You big tease!!! Or maybe inside info from the captain right there!!'

Siri speaks for me!

Awesome stuff TH34! Having played together recently and see you have some great ones and not so great ones, I know the consistently long and accurate drives are a game changer!

Anxious to hear about the next trip out and see it in person in a few weeks!

That is terrible.

TexasHacker........how did the blue contrast with the ball on setup? Any scratch marks on the crow after round 1?

Thanks for the write-up.

Quick point of reference:

I started using the Golflogix app last summer for stat tracking.

Last year I hit 33 of 133 fairways (24.8%).

With the Amp Cell I'm 20 for 25 (80%).

WOW! Just wow. Couldn't imagine how much it would lower my scores to hit 80%. Can't wait to get out on the course with one of these.

Nice write-up buddy. Glad to hear so far so good. My regular playing partner always out drives me so I know how good it must have felt to blow it past him.

TexasHacker........how did the blue contrast with the ball on setup? Any scratch marks on the crow after round 1?

Thanks for the write-up.

Love the contrast. Looks gorgeous. I hit a few shots on the range that would have marked up the crown on my old rbz driver but no damage on the amp cell. Very happy with their paint/material quality.

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

Some pics of the head after 2 range sessions and 2 rounds (one round with frozen tee boxes)

suhytu6u.jpg

aba2u2y9.jpg

subatagy.jpg

ysy3ebym.jpg

And probably the most "damage" below
rejevary.jpg

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

Thanks jlukes.....that looks pretty solid on the top! I like it! Am going to be curious to see how the color on the crown holds up with the wear and tear but it's off to a good start!

Mine looks brand new still. I mean ive only hit it 14 times, but no wear

Back