Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Ok thinking Kuro Kage Black 60 or Px5.5 black or diamana d+ 62 Stiff... Just as a thought so far. Going to a cobra cart to get swinging to find out tho.

I need to find one of these and fast!

goes on the crown near the topline to protect from any ball scratches or dummy marks.

Must get me some of them to portect the Red Baron..

I love all the shaft talk, but it's also making me think about adding to my list!!! I love it.

i just need something with mid-high launch, stiff, about 54-64 grams, looks great, easy to hit, and finds fairways.
should be a pretty simple decision...

Do I dare ask this questions.........yes, I'm going to. What happens if you get the driver with the shaft option and you flat out can't hit it like you thought? Has that happened with anyone in previous MC's? What did they do?

Last edited:
I am ignoring that question:alien:

I think it has happened in the past, but the resolution was company dependent

I love my combo of the regular driver, 3/4 wood, and 2/3 hybrid.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Is that to say you've got the stock shaft in the driver?

Ok, now we are talking about the real deal and stuff...and what is my biggest question? Color...man...

Well..how orange is the AD DI shaft anyway? I've seen it live, yes it looks orange...but would it be red enough to go with a RED AMP CELL Pro? I'm not too keen on the orange head...so silver combined with the AD DI orange & silver could be cool...yes?

Ok, now we are talking about the real deal and stuff...and what is my biggest question? Color...man...

Well..how orange is the AD DI shaft anyway? I've seen it live, yes it looks orange...but would it be red enough to go with a RED AMP CELL Pro? I'm not too keen on the orange head...so silver combined with the AD DI orange & silver could be cool...yes?

I like the silver orange silver Castor. That would look beastly.

This just in - looking forward to the trials. Amp Cell Pro Custom Blue with Aldila Phenom NL 60 X

pe9ybugy.jpg

buzysy5e.jpg

bena5egy.jpg

I'm liking the stock grip. Questions, how many wraps to make it mid size since it only comes standard?

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

That blue does look good. Let us know how it goes RexWrx.

Rex I like it. Looks great.

How do we stand guys? I was out at my sim league tonight. Any decisions get made?

Well, I just made the order for my brand new amp cell. I gotta say, I am impressed. I went to the clubfitters fully planning on getting a shaft/head combination in the 913 D. I tested the Amp Cell because I wanted to keep and open mind, and man I am glad I did. I started hitting the 9.5 stiff in the stock, comparing it to the 913 D3 9.5 in stiff 70g Rip Phenom. The Amp did not feel nearly as good as the 913 in that combo even though the shots were traveling 5-10 yards further, especially the mis-hits. What really sold me was the forgiveness. While the 913 was very forgiving in its own right, the Amp Cell blew it away. However, back to the feel, the stock shaft was too light, had too high spin, and was too long and this was making me have to swing more controlled. So, the fitter put in a 45.25 inch 60 gram Rip Phenom as I liked it in the 913. It was still to light, but my spin was optimized and the reduction in length was good. In the end we custom ordered a 75 gram Rip Phenom at 45", since that length with the Titleist was great. The finished product, in 7-10 days, is a Amp Cell driver in blue, with a 75g Rip Phenom shaft and a midsized blue whiteout NDMC grip attached at the 9.5 setting. I have to say, I am pumped!

Well, I just made the order for my brand new amp cell. I gotta say, I am impressed. I went to the clubfitters fully planning on getting a shaft/head combination in the 913 D. I tested the Amp Cell because I wanted to keep and open mind, and man I am glad I did. I started hitting the 9.5 stiff in the stock, comparing it to the 913 D3 9.5 in stiff 70g Rip Phenom. The Amp did not feel nearly as good as the 913 in that combo even though the shots were traveling 5-10 yards further, especially the mis-hits. What really sold me was the forgiveness. While the 913 was very forgiving in its own right, the Amp Cell blew it away. However, back to the feel, the stock shaft was too light, had too high spin, and was too long and this was making me have to swing more controlled. So, the fitter put in a 45.25 inch 60 gram Rip Phenom as I liked it in the 913. It was still to light, but my spin was optimized and the reduction in length was good. In the end we custom ordered a 75 gram Rip Phenom at 45", since that length with the Titleist was great. The finished product, in 7-10 days, is a Amp Cell driver in blue, with a 75g Rip Phenom shaft and a midsized blue whiteout NDMC grip attached at the 9.5 setting. I have to say, I am pumped!

Congrats dude! Hope you love it bro!

Rex I like it. Looks great.

How do we stand guys? I was out at my sim league tonight. Any decisions get made?

I am done and updated the sig. already. Feel pretty good about it.

I am done and updated the sig. already. Feel pretty good about it.

nice buddy. I like it. How did you end up with that one?

nice buddy. I like it. How did you end up with that one?

All the info I can find is very positive even though there is not much out there. From what I understand it should launch mid to high but keep the spin down. It is also very smooth and I like the idea of the softer butt section. It will be a bit of an experiment but should be fun. I plan to go with something higher launching and spinning for the 3/4 wood.

Last edited:
Back