Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

I never thought of it like that but you are right, they will feel the same no matter what the direction. I just hope the rookies take the humid myrtle conditions into consideration.

this is a huge consideration! moisture management is big. which is why i will go NDMC in my irons and wedges.
it's the woods and hybrids i need to worry about.
anything non-cord and/or wrap, is a bad idea IMO.

this is a huge consideration! moisture management is big. which is why i will go NDMC in my irons and wedges.
it's the woods and hybrids i need to worry about.
anything non-cord and/or wrap, is a bad idea IMO.

Agree. Was very happy with my choice last year.

NDMC is a great idea for the humid temps, I would say they are a great choice. But it all comes down to what you feel comfortable with.

NDMC is a great idea for the humid temps, I would say they are a great choice. But it all comes down to what you feel comfortable with.

Very true buddy. If you haven't played a cord grip before, I wouldn't suggest changing. But that being said, I will be going with one on this sweet sweet driver.

I am done and updated the sig. already. Feel pretty good about it.
Awesome choice, that will be a beast!
but seriously, here's a serious question for everyone that we haven't discussed yet:

GRIPS - with the MyFly technology, does everyone plan on going with some sort of "360" grip or a grip that essentially wouldn't change when you adjust the shaft?
I've been thinking about that now, but I didn't love the feel of the Multi Compound 360 so I think I'll go zgrip cord and not worry about where the grip is!
I never thought of it like that but you are right, they will feel the same no matter what the direction. I just hope the rookies take the humid myrtle conditions into consideration.
I certainly have been taking notice and listening, I think the Z Grip Cords fit the bill perfectly!

I'm starting to think a little differently on this one now. Focusing more on shaft spin more than launch. Things are getting closer.

I'm starting to think a little differently on this one now. Focusing more on shaft spin more than launch. Things are getting closer.

What do you have it narrowed down to?

nice....i've gotten some good input from some shaft connoisseurs and have narrowed down some choices as well.

nice....i've gotten some good input from some shaft connoisseurs and have narrowed down some choices as well.
Let's hear it...I think the shaft selection part is some of the most interesting.

Like........?

This is smart due to all of the options of lofts on the driver. This is my mindset as well.

Let's hear it...I think the shaft selection part is some of the most interesting.

alright, i'll bite...

Fuji FUEL 55
RIP Phenom 50

Like........?

This is smart due to all of the options of lofts on the driver. This is my mindset as well.

What do you have it narrowed down to?

well I am back peddling on the black tie for now. Instead I'm looking at some other options like the White Tie, DI, BB6, Fuel. Still waiting to for Cobra's response to the question posed yesterday about shafts that say custom or special order.

It's like pulling teeth with you hehe. Why those 2?

lol. ddec is the master of secrets!

the FUEL is most likely the decision, pending Cobra's approval, which should pass. but, we'll wait and see.

the RIP came as a suggestion, but the reviews and response are so hit or miss, it probably won't make the cut. unless i can hit it in time.

well I am back peddling on the black tie for now. Instead I'm looking at some other options like the White Tie, DI, BB6, Fuel. Still waiting to for Cobra's response to the question posed yesterday about shafts that say custom or special order.

same.

Thoughts on the black tie with the cell head? For me?

I hadn't even thought about that or heard much about it till this thread. I know it is offered by another OEM but I haven't hit it or know about it.

Thoughts on the black tie with the cell head? For me?

I would think it would be good for you. You have an aggressive swing and hit it high. Are you going regular cell head or pro head?

The real deal Fuel is AWESOME. Hit it in the Covert and loved it

I would think it would be good for you. You have an aggressive swing and hit it high. Are you going regular cell head or pro head?

Thinking regular. The spin didn't drop a ton for me when I went to the pro head and I still had to dial the loft way down. That is why I am thinking SUPER low spin shaft and mid-low launch.

Thinking regular. The spin didn't drop a ton for me when I went to the pro head and I still had to dial the loft way down. That is why I am thinking SUPER low spin shaft and mid-low launch.

I would strongly consider it for you. The whole aggressive swing part worries me a bit though I hit it ok on the course in a different head. Also I can't find any SS recommendations on Matrix website.

ahina, kuro kage silver, GD tour AD 7.... that is my list right now. But I am interested in the black tie. I have a soft spot for Diamana though. I really love my whiteboard.

I would strongly consider it for you. The whole aggressive swing part worries me a bit though I hit it ok on the course in a different head. Also I can't find any SS recommendations on Matrix website.

I checked their site yesterday after you recommended it. Was very disappointed. I need to try to hit it somewhere in the next few days. Have you hit the ahina?

Back