Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Just got back! I'm now playing it at 9.5. Saw launch angle numbers around 10 and 11 degrees and got my spin down below 3000. (i was getting 12 degrees and 3100-3200 spin with 10.5 degrees)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Those are both solid numbers. Nice to be able to dial it in early in the season

It will be interesting to see how it translates on the course. It was money at 10.5

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

New grip. Tour Wrap 2G

IMAG1023.jpg

IMAG1025.jpg

IMAG1024.jpg

I like that a lot

Nice!!! Love that dang blue.

Be on the lookout for the new Cobra fitting carts, they are packed full of 2013 Cobra awesomeness!!!
IMG_4743_zpsec296968.jpg

IMG_4744_zpsd6dd7c51.jpg

Wow do both of these amazing driver perform, I got a bit better performance from the Pro but wow they hit the heck out of the ball and straight as an arrow!!

Passed on the Amp Cell today at the Minnesota Golf Show today was really tempted at $240 though, figured I should be fitted.

Thoughts soon.. 84% FW today.

TapaTalk from the iPhone

84% is awesome. Congrats!

New grip. Tour Wrap 2G

IMAG1023.jpg

IMAG1025.jpg

IMAG1024.jpg

It looks great with the blue grip jlukes. I hit a few drivers at Golfsmith last weekend (Covert, Xhot, Xtreme, Amp Cell & G25) and the Amp Cell was my favorite by far.

loving all the early talk about these. Seems like they just seem to perform for a lot of people so far. I'm itching it get one in the bag. I've seen a lot of VERY good prices on these on the bay. If I wasn't going to have one in the near future I'd be all over some of those prices.

loving all the early talk about these. Seems like they just seem to perform for a lot of people so far. I'm itching it get one in the bag. I've seen a lot of VERY good prices on these on the bay. If I wasn't going to have one in the near future I'd be all over some of those prices.

I enjoyed my (very short) time with the Cell immensely. I hope they have some to demo this weekend at our golf expo in town.

Some filthy numbers too!!! Really good work guys. Fairway finding machines!

Looks great jlukes!!! I do really like that blue. Makes me think, what if.

I got some teases from TexasHacker after his round. Can't wait to hear the full story!

Thanks for the input. Cobra has some really good custom options this year including some of the best new shafts on the market. Check this out:

http://www.cobragolf.com/media/wysiwyg/custom-options/2013CustomShaft.pdf

They do indeed! I have the full list in the Cobra book they were giving out. Its just to bad they dont offer more factory options without a special order but according to the response I recived from Cobra golf it looks like they had planned to roll out more options later in the year. Awesome news!!

They do indeed! I have the full list in the Cobra book they were giving out. Its just to bad they dont offer more factory options without a special order but according to the response I recived from Cobra golf it looks like they had planned to roll out more options later in the year. Awesome news!!

I'm hoping that Cobra offers the Fujikura Fuel shaft (TS and non-TS versions) in the next month or two. Would be just in time for the season to start here in the Northeast.

I'm a cobra ambassador this year, do just waiting for all my gear to come through. It's driving me nuts waiting for everything to come.

All that's arrived so far is my staff bag and Amp Driver in blue.

So my crazy buddy and I just finished 18. It was 20 degrees when we teed off and 32 when we finished. Winds were around 15 mph gusting to 20.

10 of 13 fairways with the Amp Cell. These are not normal numbers for me. It's unreal.

2 rounds in the book with the #bluebomber and I'm 20 for 25 (80%) in fairways hit. I'm speechless.

So my crazy buddy and I just finished 18. It was 20 degrees when we teed off and 32 when we finished. Winds were around 15 mph gusting to 20.

10 of 13 fairways with the Amp Cell. These are not normal numbers for me. It's unreal.

2 rounds in the book with the #bluebomber and I'm 20 for 25 (80%) in fairways hit. I'm speechless.

Awesome dude. Where did you play? Everything around here is closed.

Awesome dude. Where did you play? Everything around here is closed.

Mercer Oaks east. We were the first group off. The greens finally thawed a bit by the 16th hole. They were frozen solid; if you landed a shot on them it clicked and bounced like it was on the cart path. Pretty crazy. Was just really focusing on my ball striking.

Mercer Oaks east. We were the first group off. The greens finally thawed a bit by the 16th hole. They were frozen solid; if you landed a shot on them it clicked and bounced like it was on the cart path. Pretty crazy. Was just really focusing on my ball striking.

Sounds like it was a blast (minus the weather). Courses around here usually open March 1st. Cant wait. I tried the Amp Cell when I went to the PGA SS and just couldnt get along with it. Not entirely sure why. The look of it at address is really nice. I love the color scheme on yours.

Back