Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

i like the sounds of that Erik!

i've narrowed it down to about 5...

Did you decide on a loft or are you going to play with it when it shows up?

That is the lovely thing about the MyFly. It will change depending on the swing I bring to the course that day but I am guessing it will be 10.5 or higher most days. Going with a lower spinning shaft so I can go higher on the loft to add some forgiveness.

I just haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. I hit the Black Tie in Fl and saw good results with it paired with the Razr Xtreme driver on the course. But in the back of my mind I know I am not the target golfer for that shaft because I am not an overly aggressive swinger.

I just haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. I hit the Black Tie in Fl and saw good results with it paired with the Razr Xtreme driver on the course. But in the back of my mind I know I am not the target golfer for that shaft because I am not an overly aggressive swinger.

This is why I am going a route I may not normally have gone in the driver and plan to make a safer choice for the 3/4. I will have plenty of options of the tee.

I'm really leaning towards the Kuro Kage Black. But not quite sure yet. Really gonna try and hit golf galaxy tomorrow.

That is the lovely thing about the MyFly. It will change depending on the swing I bring to the course that day but I am guessing it will be 10.5 or higher most days. Going with a lower spinning shaft so I can go higher on the loft to add some forgiveness.

This adjustable loft is a genius step in drivers, I think it is the biggest innovation in a long time.

This adjustable loft is a genius step in drivers, I think it is the biggest innovation in a long time.

The MyFly just makes it so simple. I can't wait to get this thing but as you well now the weather isn't helping matters.

The MyFly just makes it so simple. I can't wait to get this thing but as you well now the weather isn't helping matters.

I am going stir crazy, the memory of last year is still fresh in my mind. The amount of snow we still have is staggering for March I don't think I even remember how to swing a golf club. I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

I had a long day hosting an elementary golf tournament and then came home to house full of college students and young adults so I'm just now catching up with all of today's exciting news. I've told myself I wasn't going to start picking out stuff until we found out what the options were, but I'm officially in the hunt. I'll let y'all know what I decide...

Almost ready to send this in:

Amp Cell Pro Silver / Tour AD DI 6 Stiff, 44.75" / NDMC grip + tapes.

Almost ready to send this in:

Amp Cell Pro Silver / Tour AD DI 6 Stiff, 44.75" / NDMC grip + tapes.

that just sounds deadly. good choice sir!

i'm just going to stare at the Cobra shaft offering sheet all day today and see if anything happens just by doing that...

that just sounds deadly. good choice sir!

Thanks, I've been trying to find a good comparison with the AD DI & ATTAS 3, but it's hard to find head to head info...ATTAS 3 might be risky since I can't get to hit one...but it still intrigues me a bit...

but seriously, here's a serious question for everyone that we haven't discussed yet:

GRIPS - with the MyFly technology, does everyone plan on going with some sort of "360" grip or a grip that essentially wouldn't change when you adjust the shaft?

i'm just going to stare at the Cobra shaft offering sheet all day today and see if anything happens just by doing that...

I thought you would have stuck it under your pillow last night and woke up with the answer. No regrets this morning and I had a dream of very longs bombs finding the huge fairways of True Blue, so I guess I am all set. Sounds like Castor has it all figured out, any one else ready to get their order in?

but seriously, here's a serious question for everyone that we haven't discussed yet:

GRIPS - with the MyFly technology, does everyone plan on going with some sort of "360" grip or a grip that essentially wouldn't change when you adjust the shaft?

I thought about going with the 360 that comes stock on the ZL but I went with the Golf Pride Z-grips. I don't really worry about which direction the label faces.

I haven't thought about that. Maybe ill just go label down. I usually like them up though.....

You could go label down and find the setting you like makes the label face up.

True. Very true. Welp, I just wont worry about this then hahaha.

This just in - looking forward to the trials. Amp Cell Pro Custom Blue with Aldila Phenom NL 60 X

pe9ybugy.jpg

buzysy5e.jpg

bena5egy.jpg

Nice! If you don't mind me asking, how much was the shaft upcharge? And is it only available on the Pro?

Nice! If you don't mind me asking, how much was the shaft upcharge? And is it only available on the Pro?

Had the shaft installed after the fact. Pulled the tip from the stock shaft and used the collared ferrule from golfstiffy.com

Cheers

I thought about going with the 360 that comes stock on the ZL but I went with the Golf Pride Z-grips. I don't really worry about which direction the label faces.

right, but the Z-Grips work as a 360 without exactly being one per say.

i like the GP NDMC on my driver now, but i'm not a huge fan of the 360 MC that is on the ZL. (that i could put on the AMP Cell) so i'll have to go back to a cord like grip like the stock 3GEN or the Z-Grip.

right, but the Z-Grips work as a 360 without exactly being one per say.

i like the GP NDMC on my driver now, but i'm not a huge fan of the 360 MC that is on the ZL. (that i could put on the AMP Cell) so i'll have to go back to a cord like grip like the stock 3GEN or the Z-Grip.

I never thought of it like that but you are right, they will feel the same no matter what the direction. I just hope the rookies take the humid myrtle conditions into consideration.

Back