Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

I think I will go ahead and pull the trigger on one these drivers. I was going wait for a while and catch them on sale but, as others have mentioned here, you can already get them on ebay for much less than the 299. list price. I dig the blue one but can't find it in senior flex. Might give regular flex a try but I have been hitting an Adams Fast 12 with a senior flex really well lately. I just think that a lower lofted club might help my distance as I hit the Adams higher than would like, at least that is the excuse I'm using to buy the Cobra that I want real Bad. ha

I hit this in my indoor mancave range today with my ES12 ballspeed monitor.

Conditions 50*, no wind, cold balls, and negro modelo...

Very impressed. I didn't tee anything up, ballspeeds on good strikes were 148-153 from the deck with cold balls. It was spitting out total distances from 250-265. Had my little swing speed monitor up... Averaging around 103-105ish

Sets up well, fairly big footprint, very confidence inspiring, and it is pretty... Myfly setting in 3w -14*

Love it! First cobra club Ive bagged in a long while.

lol at negro modelo.

Very impressed. I didn't tee anything up, ballspeeds on good strikes were 148-153 from the deck with cold balls. It was spitting out total distances from 250-265. Had my little swing speed monitor up... Averaging around 103-105ish

Sets up well, fairly big footprint, very confidence inspiring, and it is pretty... Myfly setting in 3w -14*

Awesome to hear dude! Hope it continues!!

Those are amazing distances!!

Sounds like you were crushing it. I got my first look at these bad boys at the shop today, but unfortunately the shop doesn't have a hitting bay.

I wish the local GG had the hybrids in any color but grey. I need to see that blue in the flesh. Looks so good!!!

What? A shop with no hitting bays? That is rough, staring at clubs all day and not being able to hit them...
Mobile is really struggling when it comes to testing equipment. We have a dicks across the bay that you can hit at, but even then you have to deal with a worker. Wish I was in a decent size city that had multiple hitting bays and sims.

The local shop is having a Cobra Demo Day this weekend and I can't wait to mess with the settings on both woods and both hybrids I'm eying, it'll be nice to see how all the different settings affect the ball and flight as well as the final numbers.

After seeing these colors in person and trying them out again, I think Red might be the way to go, they look and perform amazing.

The adjustability of both the woods and hybrids make the gap between a strong 3 wood and a 7 wood the most amazing custom setup with so many options it makes your head spin.

I loved the hybrids again, and the woods were amazing from off the deck. I can't wait for some outdoor range time with them!

Guess what's coming to my bag soon :D?

hoping to finalize the MC bag decision by doing a massive club test tomorrow with these FW's and hybos.
gonna be a long day with lots of swings i hope.

hoping to finalize the MC bag decision by doing a massive club test tomorrow with these FW's and hybos.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Welcome back snake charmer

Yup! I got the blue 16 - 19 degree on the way to Pappa :thumb:. This will in effect be my 3 - wood type club as I don't do fairway woods well. This is the perfect addition to my bag as I can take it up a notch to play like a 5 - wood or 19 which would be somewhat similar to a 4 - wood. It's a perfect compliment to my setup.

Hope it goes well today my man.

Yup! I got the blue 16 - 19 degree on the way to Pappa :thumb:. This will in effect be my 3 - wood type club as I don't do fairway woods well. This is the perfect addition to my bag as I can take it up a notch to play like a 5 - wood or 19 which would be somewhat similar to a 4 - wood. It's a perfect compliment to my setup.

Nice pick up OG!!

I am looking to get a new AMP cell fwy wood and hybrid to match my driver and I am having trouble deciding what lofts to go with. So I ask this question. If my drives are 260-275 and my 4i is 200-210, what combination of fwy wood and hybrid would you go with to cover the gap?

I am looking to get a new AMP cell fwy wood and hybrid to match my driver and I am having trouble deciding what lofts to go with. So I ask this question. If my drives are 260-275 and my 4i is 200-210, what combination of fwy wood and hybrid would you go with to cover the gap?

my thought would be the 3/4 wood and the 2/3 hybo. Or - the 3/4 wood, the 5/7 wood and the 3/4 hybo depending on the rest of your set up and how much space in your bag. That is the beauty of this line of clubs. So many combos

my thought would be the 3/4 wood and the 2/3 hybo. Or - the 3/4 wood, the 5/7 wood and the 3/4 hybo depending on the rest of your set up and how much space in your bag. That is the beauty of this line of clubs. So many combos

I was thinking the 3/4 fwy but couldn't decide between the 2/3 or 3/4 hybrid. I think 2/3 would fill in a little better.

I hit the 3/4 at a demo day Saturday - I had it set on the 3 - and I have always struggled getting a 3 hybrid in the air. Not with this club! I am not one prone to hyperbole, and I have always though Cobra was ehh - but this is without a doubt the easiest to hit hybrid I have ever hit. I am testing the RBZ 3 hybrid, and I hope to put it head to head with the 3/4 Cobra. ( my son is getting that for his birthday - since I am getting it for him, I'm sure he won't mind if I take a few whacks. And if he does - tough ha ha!! )

I hit the 3/4 at a demo day Saturday - I had it set on the 3 - and I have always struggled getting a 3 hybrid in the air. Not with this club! I am not one prone to hyperbole, and I have always though Cobra was ehh - but this is without a doubt the easiest to hit hybrid I have ever hit. I am testing the RBZ 3 hybrid, and I hope to put it head to head with the 3/4 Cobra. ( my son is getting that for his birthday - since I am getting it for him, I'm sure he won't mind if I take a few whacks. And if he does - tough ha ha!! )

Nice dude. I can't wait to hear the comparison.

I was thinking the 3/4 fwy but couldn't decide between the 2/3 or 3/4 hybrid. I think 2/3 would fill in a little better.

That would be my guess as well.

Yeah, the red is smooth looking, especially with the black on the sole...

Yea, I was set on getting blue, but I went to a demo day Saturday and the red looked just as great. Maybe I'll just get both! I have a white 3 RBZ, I'll add a blue 4 and a red 5, ( been contemplating replacing the 5 iron with a hybrid as well ) and I'll have an all american bag!

I am doing a red, white and blue theme. I already have the silver driver. Fwy is gonna be blue and hybrid is going to be red.

Back