Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

I am doing a red, white and blue theme. I already have the silver driver. Fwy is gonna be blue and hybrid is going to be red.
Now you just need this putter grip.
image_zps89a731c8.jpg
[/IMG]

That's a cool grip there.

I am doing a red, white and blue theme. I already have the silver driver. Fwy is gonna be blue and hybrid is going to be red.

I like that. I am planning to add 1 of each color. Not set on the direction as of yet except for the Blue driver.

I like that. I am planning to add 1 of each color. Not set on the direction as of yet except for the Blue driver.

Blue driver is a MUST for you, for sure.

Blue driver is a MUST for you, for sure.

that is happening. It's one thing I have no wavered on. Of the 3 wood, 5 wood, and hybrid I think the 3 wood is the most important to me. When the time comes I might just let THP pick the color for that one.

that is happening. It's one thing I have no wavered on. Of the 3 wood, 5 wood, and hybrid I think the 3 wood is the most important to me. When the time comes I might just let THP pick the color for that one.

I feel a poll coming on! That would be awesome to get the forum involved!

I wish Siri could speak for me!

Picked up a 3w in red today, can't wait to use it. Felt good in the hitting bay, liked it better compared to the X-Hot, 913, and Stage 2. Will be using it tomorrow in the simulator, can't wait to see the results I get with it.

Picked up a 3w in red today, can't wait to use it. Felt good in the hitting bay, liked it better compared to the X-Hot, 913, and Stage 2. Will be using it tomorrow in the simulator, can't wait to see the results I get with it.

Being on the pictures!

Siri speaks for me!

Hopefully I will get my 3w this weekend. Cant wait.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

So...the set is complete as of this weekend:
Spoiler
IMAG1165.jpg

Haven't seen this mentioned, and might be a skim issue from the last week being out of pocket. Has anyone noticed this about the head covers on the FW/Hybrid's:
IMAG1167.jpg

When my hybrid came in, Tom at GS took the club into the shop to remove the stickers for me (awesome gesture). I took the cover out of the plastic and noticed it was set at 2/H. I was a bit worried since I had ordered the 3/4 and was the first question I asked him when he came back with the cleaned up club. He didn't even look at the club and grabbed the head cover and popped open the little tag. There are six different options to have shown through the window on both the Hybrids and FW's. Talk about one head cover fitting all the options, that was a slick move by Cobra. Maybe every OEM does this with adjustable clubs, but I thought it was a great move.

Spoiler
IMAG1165.jpg

Haven't seen this mentioned, and might be a skim issue from the last week being out of pocket. Has anyone noticed this about the head covers on the FW/Hybrid's:
IMAG1167.jpg

When my hybrid came in, Tom at GS took the club into the shop to remove the stickers for me (awesome gesture). I took the cover out of the plastic and noticed it was set at 2/H. I was a bit worried since I had ordered the 3/4 and was the first question I asked him when he came back with the cleaned up club. He didn't even look at the club and grabbed the head cover and popped open the little tag. There are six different options to have shown through the window on both the Hybrids and FW's. Talk about one head cover fitting all the options, that was a slick move by Cobra. Maybe every OEM does this with adjustable clubs, but I thought it was a great move.

That is really slick. Thanks for sharing J4U.

Spoiler
IMAG1165.jpg

IMAG1167.jpg

Awesome awesome looking set dude! Thanks for sharing that tid bit too!

Spoiler
IMAG1165.jpg

IMAG1167.jpg

First off I'm sure jealous as that is an amazing red set and exactly what I'm thinking for my MC setup with the addition of a FW and Hybo.

Wow Cobra maintains the options even in the headcovers, very cool!!!

Spoiler

IMAG1167.jpg

1. great post
2. awesome job by Cobra on the headcover labels. great idea, plus, you don't lose them like the other ones that just snap on/off
3. i'm confused here. so did you get the 3/4 hybrid?? cuz yes, you can change that one to a 3H, but they actually sell as separate clubs...a 2/3 and 3/4

1. great post
2. awesome job by Cobra on the headcover labels. great idea, plus, you don't lose them like the other ones that just snap on/off
3. i'm confused here. so did you get the 3/4 hybrid?? cuz yes, you can change that one to a 3H, but they actually sell as separate clubs...a 2/3 and 3/4

Thanks guys...they look awfully hot in person. The pictures don't do them justice!

Sorry, guess I didn't clarify. I did get what I ordered in the 3/4 hybrid. Was just a bit nervous they messed up when I saw the tag on the cover. A simple rotation of the disc to show the correct club.

LtEvO TaPpEd

I can't wait to get my amp cell hybrid in and then my bag will be complete well except for a new putter. The hybrid I ordered is the 16 to 19 degree option. I love the fact that you can change the lofts. Just too cool!

Anyone know why its so hard to find the hybrids in an X? I loved the Pro version of the driver and scooped one up at my local shop. Heard all the good stuff about the rest of them and ordered a 3/4W on the bay and now looking for a hybrid. Theres only 1 X on there and its the 2/3 and I think the 3/4 might match up better with my lofts but you seriously cant find any in an X anywhere....thoughts?

Anyone know why its so hard to find the hybrids in an X? I loved the Pro version of the driver and scooped one up at my local shop. Heard all the good stuff about the rest of them and ordered a 3/4W on the bay and now looking for a hybrid. Theres only 1 X on there and its the 2/3 and I think the 3/4 might match up better with my lofts but you seriously cant find any in an X anywhere....thoughts?
Try and find a cobra demo day locally, the local chain around here has been having them each weekend, maybe a date will match up around you!

That's the first I've seen of the headcovers, very cool. I love everything I'm seeing and hearing out of these.

I will be getting my 3w on Saturday. What kind of distance have you guys been seeing?

Thanks guys...they look awfully hot in person. The pictures don't do them justice!

Sorry, guess I didn't clarify. I did get what I ordered in the 3/4 hybrid. Was just a bit nervous they messed up when I saw the tag on the cover. A simple rotation of the disc to show the correct club.

okay. i don't mean to drag this on, but we're still not straight here.
you say that you ordered and have in your possession the 3/4 hybrid. then the head cover you have for that club should have on it 3H, 4H and a Cobra logo.
the head cover you pictured there shows 2H, 3H and the Cobra logo...which would be for the 2/3 hybrid, a completely different club.
so did they give you the wrong head cover?
because simply rotating the disc, while it will show 3H, you still don't have an option for 4H on the head cover you have pictured there and you say you have the 3/4 hybrid.

sorry if i'm confused. but just want to make sure that all is well.
the ultimate point of your post has not escaped me though, as those are awesome head covers and i love that rotating numbering system.

I can't wait to get my amp cell hybrid in and then my bag will be complete well except for a new putter. The hybrid I ordered is the 16 to 19 degree option. I love the fact that you can change the lofts. Just too cool!

there is this big thread on SeeMore Putters...you may have heard of them??? you should check it out! :D

I had mine out for first time on Wed... I used it on three holes and got 252, 257, and 261, set at the regular 3W setting, which is 14*, I think. I would expect a little bump up in distance on a warmer day. It was 50* when I played. It seems like I'll be getting around the same distance as my Adams XTD, when it warms up. It's more forgiving than the adams, though...

Those are some pretty good numbers! I will proly play mine at 15*. Hopefully I can see similar numbers.

I had mine out for first time on Wed... I used it on three holes and got 252, 257, and 261, set at the regular 3W setting, which is 14*, I think. I would expect a little bump up in distance on a warmer day. It was 50* when I played. It seems like I'll be getting around the same distance as my Adams XTD, when it warms up. It's more forgiving than the adams, though...
Those are amazing distances, I can't wait to get some outdoor range time with these things!!!

I'm not too excited with my new hybrid to date. It's got a tiny little head on it and I'm hitting big push cuts with it. Maybe a different setting next time out. I really wanted it for a 3 - wood type club but for now, I'm just not feeling it. The jury is still out as I've only hit the thing two days and I got a 30 day play it guarantee from TGW.

Last edited:
Just bought my 3w today! I am pretty impressed with it so far. I started on the 14* setting and was hitting consistently around 240-250 with a couple that went about 260-265. I then tried the 15* setting and was hitting around 240 but I did not like the ball flight. It was more of a fade than a draw I was getting with the 14*. So I left on the 14* setting. I had a little trouble hittng it off the deck, but it was not that bad. A little more time with it and it will be money. Next week I will hopefully get my 2/3 hybrid. I got to hit the 3/4 hybrid and wow, I was really impressed. On the 19* setting, I was hitting around 215 with a little draw. I think the 2/3 will fill in my gap a lot better. I am playing tomorrow with some THPer's. I will let you guys know how it goes with the new 3w.

Back