Even still who did it first? I think its cool that Cobra is doing it but let's not kid ourselves here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Who in this thread made the claim that these are the first ever copper color finish irons?

Strange. By that logic, neither did Mizuno.
Was mizuno's finish PVD or copper plating because this is first time I've seen a copper pvd finish on any iron. :unsure:

Was mizuno's finish PVD or copper plating because this is first time I've seen a copper pvd finish on any iron. :unsure:
No sir. They weren’t even planning on releasing them until they put a teaser on social to show “layers of feel” and fans chimed in. They are raw and not very durable.

This whole “argument” is just odd. By this logic this isn’t even the first time Cobra has done it, since REV33 was already done.

Well, I play 1 degree upright. They only have 2 degree upright, standard, or 2 degree flat lie. 2 degree upright means fore left. ... I have to pass. They look great, though.

Well, I play 1 degree upright. They only have 2 degree upright, standard, or 2 degree flat lie. 2 degree upright means fore left. ... I have to pass. They look great, though.
Cobras 'standard' is already a degree upright from most other manufacturers. 👍

A set of the MB or MIM irons with these ferrules for me please.

CBA6F22B-C2B0-4792-AF55-5313F6A28340.png

Those are good looking irons Cobra hit a home run with that finish.

Cobras 'standard' is already a degree upright from most other manufacturers. 👍

I currently play Cobras at 1 degree upright... So you're telling me they're really 2 degrees upright compared to other manufacturers. So when I was originally fit for 2 degrees upright and got my Cobras that I was playing 3 degrees upright? No wonder that ball was sailing left all the time. I had compensated for it with a wrist cup at the top of the backswing with my irons so they would go straighter. God help me if I got the amount of cup wrong. Also that bad habit carried over to the driver and it wasn't pretty.

Well.... Kinda regretting my t100s purchase seeing these copper heads now.

Wow. Awesome looking.

Not a fan. Be was used by Ping (from Naval ship propellors at first) cause it was dense and could be molded into perimeter weighting easily and was picked primarily for technology. Copper finish IMO adds nothing to improve club performance except an excessive price point for Cobra.

Not a fan. Be was used by Ping (from Naval ship propellors at first) cause it was dense and could be molded into perimeter weighting easily and was picked primarily for technology. Copper finish IMO adds nothing to improve club performance except an excessive price point for Cobra.
Do you not like finish options or color choices in other clubs too? Or just copper?

Do you not like finish options or color choices in other clubs too? Or just copper?

Personally prefer silver finish in irons but to each its own. This one seems like a gimmick but will probably sell.

Personally prefer silver finish in irons but to each its own. This one seems like a gimmick but will probably sell.
I guess that is my question and am genuinely curious. What is the gimmick? Using a poor analogy isn’t it similar to having choice of color cars, shirts, etc?

Most companies offer wedges in different finishes. Putters in different finishes, irons as well and of course some companies even allow you options of color choices in drivers.

I love love love the looks of these....

This Copper finish by Cobra is just stunning. These will sell like hotcakes IMO

The Forged Tec in the copper just look so good. Thought they looked good in the satin, but these take them to a whole new level.

I guess that is my question and am genuinely curious. What is the gimmick? Using a poor analogy isn’t it similar to having choice of color cars, shirts, etc?

Most companies offer wedges in different finishes. Putters in different finishes, irons as well and of course some companies even allow you options of color choices in drivers.

Just not a fan. Convince me they actually improve performance? One might argue copper might give a slightly softer potential feel but I prefer the classic color of most irons. Again to each his own and they will likely sell.

An issue in past with some plated or other color irons that were played is some finishes wore quickly. Don’t have enough info on these to get into that part.

This Copper finish by Cobra is just stunning. These will sell like hotcakes IMO
Totally agree. These are really nice looking clubs and I expect to sell quickly to those looking at them.

Just not a fan. Convince me they actually improve performance? One might argue copper might give a slightly softer potential feel but I prefer the classic color of most irons. Again to each his own and they will likely sell.

An issue in past with some plated or other color irons that were played is some finishes wore quickly. Don’t have enough info on these to get into that part.
No one is claiming they enhance performance.
It's been talked about multiple times they will wear.
People like different colors and that's fine, but it's not a gimmick.🤷‍♂️

Reactions: JB

They will wear. Discussed in the article but I dont think anybody is claiming performance benefits are they? It’s an aesthetic choice just as the examples mentioned. Just like some prefer dark be chrome or satin vs oil can. What is the gimmick though, I think I’m missing it?

I don’t see it as a gimmick more of a sales tool. Great preforming clubs in an awesome new finish. If I didn’t have a 10 month old set of forge tec clubs in bag I would be very interested.

They will wear. Discussed in the article but I dont think anybody is claiming performance benefits are they? It’s an aesthetic choice just as the examples mentioned. Just like some prefer dark be chrome or satin vs oil can. What is the gimmick though, I think I’m missing it?

The gimmick to me is the solely the color. Unless improved performance why make or market it? This of course is just my opinion and they will find some market for it just based on cosmetics am sure.

These look so good! Just a great move here! Hope I can see a set in person this season!

Back