Cobra Drivers on Tour?

Akh223

Reaction score
Handicap
I keep hearing this Taylormade commercial that says how many more players play Taylormade vs the other companies.

If the ad is to be believed, there must only be 2 players that play Cobra drivers on the PGA tour. I know Rickie Fowler and Jonas Blixt both play Cobra drivers. Are they the only two?

I was under the impression that the Cobra drivers were pretty well liked, but now I am wondering?

Anyone know of other tour pros that play Cobra?

It's not about being liked, it's about the $$$ being paid

Cobra has a pretty small tour staff, while Taylormade has one of the if not the largest tour staff around. I think there are several others that choose to play some of their older drivers (Snedeker and Luke Donald come to mind).

I don't look too much for tour validation for my purchases because I am not playing the same game as them. I always find it interesting what is getting played on tour, but it doesn't really impact what I will purchase.

Cobra Drivers on Tour?

I don't look for tour validation either. It is about the $. There seem to be a lot of players who don't have 14 club contracts that play what feels best even if it doesn't match the current logo on their hat. Maybe some just haven't gotten a cobra or other club in their hand to find out they like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lexi!

other tour though....

11 players between PGA, lpga, Eurpoean, Champions, web.com and symmetra. Tour players are paid to use equipment so I don't pay attention to that marketing scheme. Just like Titleist being the number one ball on tour, everyone playing it is paid to. Stacey Lewis stopped playing prov1 because they would t make the 2009 ball anymore and she wasn't happy with the current one and switched to bridgestone

11 players between PGA, lpga, Eurpoean, Champions, web.com and symmetra. Tour players are paid to use equipment so I don't pay attention to that marketing scheme. Just like Titleist being the number one ball on tour, everyone playing it is paid to. Stacey Lewis stopped playing prov1 because they would t make the 2009 ball anymore and she wasn't happy with the current one and switched to bridgestone

So, they are paid to play certain equipment but if they don't like it they change?

So, they are paid to play certain equipment but if they don't like it they change?

The way I understand it they have some sort of contract that usually runs until the end of their season. They would use the fall time to test out the newer gear before gaming it. But many of them have deals for irons, driver/woods, putter, balls, wedges. They may have headcovers from their main sponsor but could be gaming something else.

The way I understand it they have some sort of contract that usually runs until the end of their season. They would use the fall time to test out the newer gear before gaming it. But many of them have deals for irons, driver/woods, putter, balls, wedges. They may have headcovers from their main sponsor but could be gaming something else.

Yes. Padrig Harrington games a TaylorMade driver but had a D200 head cover on it. Same with his fairway woods. Not a single WS club but all have D200 headcovers

Yes. Padrig Harrington games a TaylorMade driver but had a D200 head cover on it. Same with his fairway woods. Not a single WS club but all have D200 headcovers

charles Howell III, luke Donald was the same way.

Cobra makes great drivers and clubs period!!! Everyone else who posted is correct about tour players being paid to play certain clubs. Cobra/Puma doesn't have that many tour members on their staff. They get big on Rickie for sure. I know they have Jonas and Jesper as well. I think Elkington plays Cobra on the Champions tour. Cobra does have a great history though especially when Greg Norman played their irons in his prime. Know that most tour players aren't playing clubs off the rack anyways. Their clubs are dialed in to their specific specs and there are also tour versions of the clubs that they play that aren't for sale in retail stores.

I might be close to selling my Cobra Fly Z+ driver. We shall see though. Nah, I'm going to give her a few more tries, and then she'll go on the chopping block.......haha

Last edited:
Back