Cobra Equipment Ordering: 2020 Morgan Cup Experience

Loving the stock shaft offerings, so no issue there! Can we do any Cobra Connect grip, even if it says there is an upcharge?

Looking at JumboMax? Those are awesome

Most definitely. There are 3 graphite stock options for forged tec that I am extremely excited to try. I emailed my fitter 15 minutes ago :)
bumping;

Of course graphite is available. If graphite is your choice, just list graphite and flex and it will be included.
For instance in the Forged TEC that would be PX Catalyst and I know that from the wonderful articles on the THP Home Page or Forum threads that exist with that info :D

Looking forward to seeing who gets what. This is awesome

This thread is amazing. I am all in on JB's no bull, straight shootin' instructions.

I have always carried a 2 hybrid for some reason instead of a 3 hybrid. I am going to have to figure out which one to get. It seems like the 3H would be better for gapping if I go with 4-PW forged tec and the tour 3 wood.
The 3 Hybrid gaps nicely above the SpeedZone 4i for me. While the 4i is farther on well struck shots, the 3H is way more versatile and has a better shot shape for me. I usually hit it into thee green from 200-220, and use the 4i off the tee.

Also, don't sleep on the UST ESX 480 shaft in the hybrids. Its a perfect combination of distance and forgiveness, in my humble opinion.

Another fitting booked for Saturday morning to finalize. (y)

Well i've got my grips picked out! Cobra Connect MCC +4. getting a bit closer
I would suggest the Lamkin UTX Connect Midsize for a similar size. May be a bit bigger, but I play them interchangeably. It doesnt have quite the same taper, but its my favorite stock Cobra grip, and I play MCC+4 grips on my current set.

I think this is how I'd go if I was placing an order:

Driver: King Speedzone Xtreme Yellow 9 degree with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.5
FW: King Speedzone Big Tour FW Yellow with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
FW: Kind Speedzone FW Yellow 5W with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
Irons: King Speedzone 4 iron with Project X Catalyst 80 stiff, King Forged Tec (5-GW) with KBS $ Taper Black Stiff, all standard length and 1 degree upright
Wedges: King MIM 54 & 58 degree with KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff, standard length and lie
Grips: Lamking Sonar Connect with +2 wraps on all clubs

Last edited:
Also, don't sleep on the UST ESX 480 shaft in the hybrids. Its a perfect combination of distance and forgiveness, in my humble opinion.

This is the shaft that I was fit to for hybrids. The hybrids were my favorite club to hit at my fitting. Could launch them really well.

And... I am off to bother the nice retail store folks at both Golf Galaxy and PGATSS. :p

And... I am off to bother the nice retail store folks at both Golf Galaxy and PGATSS. :p
LOL!! Same thinking here. Need to go try on some shorts and shirts. Shoes I've already got nailed down and they run a bit big.

I think this is how I'd go if I was placing an order:

Driver: King Speedzone Xtreme Yellow 9 degree with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.5
FW: King Speedzone Big Tour FW Yellow with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
FW: Kind Speedzone FW Yellow 5W with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
Irons: King Speedzone 4 iron with Project X Catalyst 80 stiff, King Forged Tec (5-GW) with KBS $ Taper Black Stiff, all standard length and 1 degree upright
Wedges: King MIM 54 & 58 degree with KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff, standard length and lie
Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Connect with +2 wraps on all clubs
Nice setup except you'd be playing with no grips, since those aren't available :D

Nice! Let’s see what you boys come up with!

LOL!! Same thinking here. Need to go try on some shorts and shirts. Shoes I've already got nailed down and they run a bit big.
Oh yeah, I need to try everything on. Maybe even wear it to the hitting bay :)

Live look at the 2020 #THPMC participants thinking over their options!

I always love these these ordering threads. They are peak internet golfer, and I am here for all of it.

Here is what my order would look like for my 13 clubs:

Driver - Speedzone Extreme White 9.0 UST Mamiya Helium Black 5, standard length, Cobra Connect Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize Grey color grip
3W - Speedzone White UST Mamiya Helium Black 5, standard length, Cobra Connect Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize Grey color grip
Hybrid - Speedzone Yellow (don't offer white) 3 loft, UST Mamiya Recoil 780 Smacwrap Stiff, standard length, Cobra Connect Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize Grey color
Irons 4-PW - KING Forged TEC UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F4, standard length, 2+ up, standard loft, Cobra Connect Golf Pride MCC+4 Midsize Grey color
GW - KING MIM 50* UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F4, standard length, 1+ up, standard loft, Cobra Connect Golf Pride MCC+4 Midsize Grey color
SW - KING MIM 54* UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F4, standard length, standard lie, standard loft, Cobra Connect Golf Pride MCC+4 Grey color (would normally play 125 F4 shafts)
LW - KING MIM 58* UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F4, standard length, standard lie, standard loft, Cobra Connect Golf Pride MCC+4 Grey color (would normally play 125 F4 shafts)

Pretty solid bag right there :cool:

EDIT:

don't mind my choices here......I didn't follow the rules so I would of been kicked to the curb lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Still, would be a solid bag though gotta admit that

Last edited:
Here is what my order would look like for my 13 clubs:

Driver - Speedzone Extreme White 9.0 UST Mamiya Helium Black 5, standard length, Cobra Connect Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize Grey color grip
3W - Speedzone White UST Mamiya Helium Black 5, standard length, Cobra Connect Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize Grey color grip
Hybrid - Speedzone Yellow (don't offer white) 3 loft, UST Mamiya Recoil 780 Smacwrap Stiff, standard length, Cobra Connect Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize Grey color
Irons 4-PW - KING Forged TEC UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F4, standard length, 2+ up, standard loft, Cobra Connect Golf Pride MCC+4 Midsize Grey color
GW - KING MIM 50* UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F4, standard length, 1+ up, standard loft, Cobra Connect Golf Pride MCC+4 Midsize Grey color
SW - KING MIM 54* UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F4, standard length, standard lie, standard loft, Cobra Connect Golf Pride MCC+4 Grey color (would normally play 125 F4 shafts)
LW - KING MIM 58* UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F4, standard length, standard lie, standard loft, Cobra Connect Golf Pride MCC+4 Grey color (would normally play 125 F4 shafts)

Pretty solid bag right there :cool:
You would fail order day and your captain would get a pm saying you had to be dropped due to lack of following instructions :greenalien:

@JDax ...we are going to need an odds thread for incorrect orders here please...….lets get this thing going!

Alright, someone build my set. Let's see how accurate you can be.
I like it! I'd be game for someone to do this for me as well, build the captains clubs.

Back