Cobra Equipment Ordering: 2020 Morgan Cup Experience

You would fail order day and your captain would get a pm saying you had to be dropped due to lack of following instructions :greenalien:
And there are plenty of people sitting here waiting to submit a correct order to take a place :ROFLMAO:

Nice setup except you'd be playing with no grips, since those aren't available :D

Haha I adjusted to no charge grips, I knew the MCC +4 was a cobra connect grip didn't realize it had an upcharge

One more question for those who are challenged including myself....Graphite is NOT available in irons since they require an upcharge?

I'm assuming UST 95 and 110 are graphite stock options for wedges?

Has anyone tested the Black wedge vs the MIM wedge at all?
Yes.

Of course graphite is available. If graphite is your choice, just list graphite and flex and it will be included.
For instance in the Forged TEC that would be PX Catalyst and I know that from the wonderful articles on the THP Home Page or Forum threads that exist with that info :D
Love me some catalyst.

PX and UST have some awesome REAL DEAL shafts available to people here.
Really good stuff.
See @JB's post above regarding grips...
It's funny though, most of the grips are available - of course guys go for the upcharge
Nice setup except you'd be playing with no grips, since those aren't available :D

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: grips are overrated

Alright, someone build my set. Let's see how accurate you can be.
I'm guessing the utility iron is a no-go for this order?

Just curious, @JB, do the grips have to be installed on the shafts? Sorry, couldn’t help myself.?

The new one is not on their website unless you are speaking of the black

Not on the site, not available - also the ones with really good prices next to them? Probably avoid them as well.

Unsolicited Advice from someone who walked in these shoes a few years ago. Be Careful about making a club choice that isn’t in your normal sweet spot. I chose some irons that were not a normal ideal fit for me. I didn’t go so well. Remember that you are expected to be a brand ambassador, that you’re going to be playing and reviewing the clubs for a while.

This was my set-up that won me the Golden Ticket. Even after doing some research, it would stay pretty close to the same. I still get excited just thinking about it!

Driver: SZ-Extreme Driver in Yellow/Black in 10.5 Loft – Hzrdus Smoke Yellow Shaft – Stiff Flex – Cobra Lamkin UTX Connect Grip in Black
Fairway Wood: 3W King Speedzone Big Tour Fairway in Yellow/Black - Project X HZRDUS Yellow 70 – Stiff Flex - Lamkin Crossline (58+) Connect Grip in Black
Hybrid: 4H Speedzone Men’s Hybrid - UST Recoil 480 ESX – Stiff Flex - black Lamkin Crossline (58+) COBRA CONNECT grip
Irons: Speedzone Irons 4-PW - UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 460 – Stiff Flex - Lamkin Crossline Connect Black grip
Wedges: King MIM Wedge – 50*; 54*; 58* Versatile Grind – KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 – Stiff Flex – Golf Pride Tour Velvet Connect in Black

You would fail order day and your captain would get a pm saying you had to be dropped due to lack of following instructions :greenalien:

I just reread the instructions.......and I don't see what I missed?

Other than pulling off ShaftGate 2020

Now I am getting anxious about making sure my order is proper! May have to be proofread first.

Now I am getting anxious about making sure my order is proper! May have to be proofread first.
I'm willing to proofread all Paradise team members orders, and would even be willing to submit them for you after the proofread.

Unsolicited Advice from someone who walked in these shoes a few years ago. Be Careful about making a club choice that isn’t in your normal sweet spot. I chose some irons that were not a normal ideal fit for me. I didn’t go so well. Remember that you are expected to be a brand ambassador, that you’re going to be playing and reviewing the clubs for a while.
I heart this post!!! If you won't listen to me listen to this man a former Grandaddy captain!

I just reread the instructions.......and I don't see what I missed?

Other than pulling off ShaftGate 2020
Grips aren't an option...iron shafts aren't an option...

Last edited:
I heart this post!!! If you won't listen to me listen to this man a former Grandaddy captain!
Soooooo.... you're going MB's again?:p

Laughed numerous times reading the OP. Lol. Have fun with your orders guys!

Yeah, will be composing in an email first, have the wife proofread all, then finally copy/paste/submit. We will be on the road that day to New Orleans. :cool:

I love this thread and JB's OP is hilarious but also shows how ridiculous us internet golfers can be....

Yeah, will be composing in an email first, have the wife proofread all, then finally copy/paste/submit. We will be on the road that day to New Orleans. :cool:
Or you could ask your captain to look it over...

Back