Cobra Equipment Ordering: 2020 Morgan Cup Experience

Alright, someone build my set. Let's see how accurate you can be.

I'm throwing stuff against the wall here:

9* King Speedzone w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.5 playing at 45" with Cobra UTX Grip
King Speedzone Tour Fairway 3 &5 wood w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.5 with Cobra Connect UTX Grip
King Forged Tec 4-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 x stiff with Cobra UTX Grip
50* & 54* King Black Wedge Versatile UST Mamiya Recoil 95 x stiff with Cobra UTX Grip
58* King Black Wedge Widelow UST Mamiya Recoil x stiff with Cobra UTX Grip

Driver: Speedzone 9.0 Project X Even Flow White T1100 65
3W: Speedzone Tour, Project X Smoke Green 70
Utility: King Black, AMT Black
Irons: King Forged Tec, 4-PW, KBS $ Taper Black
Wedges: King MIM, 50,54,58, KBS $ Taper

Work is slow.

This would be my hypothetical order:

Driver - Yellow SpeedZone Extreme 10.5 on a UST Mamiya Helium Black 5F3 with a Lamkin UTX Connect black grip, +2 wraps.
3W - Yellow SpeedZone Fairway Wood on a UST Mamiya Helium Black 5F4 with a Lamkin UTX Connect black grip, +2 wraps.
Hybrid - SpeedZone 3H loft, UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 480 F4, with a Lamkin UTX Connect black grip, +2 wraps.
Irons 4-PW - KING Forged TEC UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4 Project X Catalyst 80 6.0, standard L/L/L, with Lamkin UTX Connect black grips, +2 wraps.
Wedges - KING MIM 50/54/58 True Temper S300 Stiff shafts, standard L/L/L, with a Lamkin UTX Connect black grip, +2 wraps.

Edited to conform with rules.

Last edited:
@JB there seems to be some confusion on the graphite selections...Can we get clarification on that?

The way I read it is the stock option is available for selection which would be PX Catalyst in Forged Tec or Recoil 460 ESX in Speed Zone. Is that correct those are the only 2 options for graphite? OR is it any graphite option that is not an additional upcharge beyond the graphite upcharge option.

Reading this read has made me laugh. Can't wait to see the different set ups, because I'm a big fan of Cobra!

Ill have to figure it out over the next 7-8 days but right now I would go:

Xtreme tour length 9* white / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60x
Speezone 5w 17* white / Rogue Silver 110 70x..... or Speedzone 2H 17* / Tensei Pro White 90x
Forged Tec 3 - P / C Taper Lite x
MIM Wedges 50, 54, 60 / C Taper Lite x

I dont know anything about Lamkin grips so ill probably go Crossline Cord

Boom! Man I'd love to put together a bag with this criteria.

@JB there seems to be some confusion on the graphite selections...Can we get clarification on that?

The way I read it is the stock option is available for selection which would be PX Catalyst in Forged Tec or Recoil 460 ESX in Speed Zone. Is that correct those are the only 2 options for graphite? OR is it any graphite option that is not an additional upcharge beyond the graphite upcharge option.

Those are the two options for graphic. If they would like something else, they can absolutely change those out for anything they want.

Those are the two options for graphic. If they would like something else, they can absolutely change those out for anything they want.
THANK YOU!!

Thanks!!!!!

Driver: YELLOW Speedzone 9.0*, PX Evenflow White T1100 65 X-stiff, Lamkin Sonar Wrap Connect Midsized, Logo DOWN.
Big Tour 3W, PX Evenflow White T1100 65 X-stiff, Lamkin Sonar Wrap Connect Midsized, Logo DOWN.
King Utility 2/3, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap BLK, X-stiff, Lamkin Sonar Wrap Connect Midsized, Logo DOWN.
4-PW, Forged Tec, UST Mamiya Recoil 95, X-stiff, +1/2 length, up 2 lie, Lamkin Sonar Wrap Connect Midsized, Logo DOWN.
King MIM Versatile grind, 50*, 54*, 58*, Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 120,+1/2 length, up 2 lie,Lamkin Sonar Wrap Connect Midsized, Logo DOWN.

Here is what I am leaning (although short driver is scary);

9* Speedzone Tour Length - Hzrdus green 6x
13.5* Speedzone tour fairway - hzrdus green 7x
3-P KING Forged Tec - Tour V stiff (sort of)
MiM 50/54/58 - KBS 610

Tripping up on the 3 iron right now. Normally would rock a UT or a hybo there.

I am going to add this again.
If you do not like the shaft choices, for the first time ever in a Morgan Cup, get any shaft in the world you want.

I am going to add this again.
If you do not like the shaft choices, for the first time ever in a Morgan Cup, get any shaft in the world you want.
Love this. Between what I already have, and trade in programs?

Easy. Dream set acquired.

MiM 50/54/58 - KBS 610

Kind of surprised no Big Tour FW in there

Kind of surprised no Big Tour FW in there
I want to experience both this year. Having a big tour in the stable means I get to return to the tour that was unreal for me last year.

This is so awesome. I don't know that I've ever been more excited for a bunch of strangers.

The any shaft in the world thing is

MiM 50/54/58 - KBS 610

Tour length is 44.5" correct? Those MIM wedges look so good too. Have you tested the Speedzone? Would you go heavy weight forward or in the back?

Tour length is 44.5" correct? Those MIM wedges look so good too. Have you tested the Speedzone? Would you go heavy weight forward or in the back?
I'm usually heavy weight forward in everything, so I'll assume that.

No real experience with Speedzone yet minus the fairway. Frankly, I haven't swung a driver in about four months.

MiM 50/54/58 - KBS 610

I am kind of surprised that you are not going Big Tour 3 wood.

Back