Cobra Equipment Ordering: 2021 Morgan Cup Experience

The King Tec hybrid shows up tomorrow if Fed Ex to be believed. After a holiday weekend round it may take a spot in the bag, meaning I would count as at least one towards the over.

Word on the street is a few Hackers may be doing the same...

As much as I like the thoughts of the King Tec but I don’t have a place in the bag for it. I don’t think I will be changing anything as of now. I won’t say that I’m not curious about a Mitsubishi Tensei 1k. I wouldn’t pay for it though I do have a lot of possible trade ins. 😀

As well as I'm hitting the Tour Length XB I'm curious what I could get distance wise going to a full length shaft? Might have to contribute to the over on the shaft side. 😎

My name is Ernie. I have the best irons ever.

🚨 🚨 SHAFT CHANGE ALERT 🚨 🚨

Swapping the recoil 95s with modus 120 in the wedges. I love the recoils at full swings but have struggled to adjust with the lighter weight for the touch shots. I’m sure practice to dial in that feel would get me there but who here can find the time to practice the amount they would like to with family and work?

I played a few rounds with the old wedges and the stats showed a pretty stark difference in terms of pin proximity in the short game. That said, I really missed the scallop on the Snakebite wedges, thinned a few with the old gamers on the summer hard pan that wouldn’t have been as bad with the scallop relief.

The Snakebites will be back in business next Friday for a round with my future brother in law on his and my sisters wedding weekend and then the ramp up leading to October!

Just a few snapshots in an old notebook I came across today I thought I’d share. And no, these weren’t all of them.

2CE019B4-AF6A-44B8-8DA5-85B612FF224E.jpeg89DBC249-F8FD-4A6E-964C-64025459C034.jpegC753EB55-1161-43CE-9FC5-C10701191982.jpeg05F37458-F1E1-4974-82A4-1D3F90F2A207.jpeg

What was eye opening for me was how different the lie angles were between Cobra and Mizuno. Know your numbers kids!
No kidding. I had never thought about that until I was having my FTs checked against my Hogans. Then, there was an extra trip or two to the clubman to get things where I wanted them based off my fitted TM irons, which is what I thought I ordered. I've learned so much from THP!

Ha Ha, I was the same. So many iterations. What was eye opening for me was how different the lie angles were between Cobra and Mizuno. Know your numbers kids!
Amen! I was fit to 2 up for Mizuno this spring which was standard for my Cobra order. It's good to sweat the details!

Ha Ha, I was the same. So many iterations. What was eye opening for me was how different the lie angles were between Cobra and Mizuno. Know your numbers kids!
Amen to that, took my 919F 7 iron measurements and used that as the guideline for my OL order. Ended up 2° flat and ½"short.

Been blessed (or cursed) to be about standard for every single OEM, in terms of length and lie. Somewhat boring, I know!

Back