Cobra Equipment Ordering: 2021 Morgan Cup Experience

If the le drivers are up for choice there’s going to be some amazing pictures

If the le drivers are up for choice there’s going to be some amazing pictures
I really don’t think LE drivers are on the available list. I can only imagine the problems that would cause 😂

For any thread followers, am I nuts for considering ordering the UST Helium blind for the 3 wood and/or 5 wood? Current 3 wood gamer is a 50g stiff shaft which I’m wondering is why I haven’t gotten super excited about any of my other 3 wood shaft options of a couple rounds of testing and 2 fitting sessions. Any users out there with insight is appreciated.

Last edited:
For any thread followers, am I nuts for considering ordering the UST Helium blind for the 3 wood and/or 5 wood? Current 3 wood gamer is a 50g stiff shaft which I’m wondering is why I haven’t gotten super excited about any of my other 3 wood shaft options of a couple rounds and testing and 2 fitting sessions. Any users out there with insight is appreciated.
I swing light clubs and shafts.....but candidly 50g 3w is lighter than I have ever gone. Typically 3w shafts are heavier than 1w because of their striking of ground. Can't comment specifically on Helium. But FWIW 50g would be proper for a very slow swinger. IMO

For any thread followers, am I nuts for considering ordering the UST Helium blind for the 3 wood and/or 5 wood? Current 3 wood gamer is a 50g stiff shaft which I’m wondering is why I haven’t gotten super excited about any of my other 3 wood shaft options of a couple rounds and testing and 2 fitting sessions. Any users out there with insight is appreciated.

Just shortened up the Helium in my Mav Max Driver to basically 3w length and absolutely love it. I tipped my 4f2 1.5”, lost a bit of distance- not much- but the shorter length and slightly stiffer profile played well during my last round. If I were ordering (and they were available) Helium all the way. I do enjoy the Evenflow Riptide in my HW as well, either is a decent choice in my book. (Been shopping Rad drivers and fairways to match my irons...)

I really don’t think LE drivers are on the available list. I can only imagine the problems that would cause 😂
Yes ordering process does not include LE Heads.

I used one in my fairway wood and 2nd driver last year (2nd driver is 3 wood length). I liked the lighter weight and launch.

I swing light clubs and shafts.....but candidly 50g 3w is lighter than I have ever gone. Typically 3w shafts are heavier than 1w because of their striking of ground. Can't comment specifically on Helium. But FWIW 50g would be proper for a very slow swinger. IMO

I know, and my fitter gave me the side eye when I showed it to him. We kept trying to fit me into mid 60s but none were a marked improvement. Some were certainly game-able but none left me that feeling, you know? I’m not sure how much of it is the proper fit compared to 12 years of developing the feel for it. 🤷‍♂️

I know, and my fitter gave me the side eye when I showed it to him. We kept trying to fit me into mid 60s but none were a marked improvement. I’m not sure how much of it is the proper fit compared to 12 years of developing the feel for it. 🤷‍♂️
12 years...dang...maybe it says 50g and is actually more. 12 years ago it was tough to build a quality 50g shaft...

12 years...dang...maybe it says 50g and is actually more. 12 years ago it was tough to build a quality 50g shaft...
🤷‍♂️ a quick online search of specs confirmed 50 as it’s listed weight

Attachments

• 049EE03F-140F-4E22-A868-B27A9FB6834C.jpeg
    049EE03F-140F-4E22-A868-B27A9FB6834C.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 6
For any thread followers, am I nuts for considering ordering the UST Helium blind for the 3 wood and/or 5 wood? Current 3 wood gamer is a 50g stiff shaft which I’m wondering is why I haven’t gotten super excited about any of my other 3 wood shaft options of a couple rounds of testing and 2 fitting sessions. Any users out there with insight is appreciated.
All I know is the Helium is a dynamite 50g shaft from everyone's opinion that has used and shared their experience on this board. If you like your current 50g shaft you'll probably like a Helium too.

All I know is the Helium is a dynamite 50g shaft from everyone's opinion that has used and shared their experience on this board. If you like your current 50g shaft you'll probably like a Helium too.
Not sure how much is shaft vs. head but there's a reason that 3 wood is the longest tenured club currently in my bag.

Unless Team Hackers is trying to sabotage me ;)

I'm just gonna add, don't be afraid to go with the RadSpeed Irons!! I know there is a lot of gorgeous irons available to you, but don't just write them off.

My Driver Order

9 Degree RadSpeed
LH Adapter because its the internet
Tour Velvet or anything else, with 4 wraps under right hand and 3 under left
Measuring 45"
Swing Weight D1
Shaft: I don't care, I am going to change it 19 times before November
Other: I need it hot melted on the heel side and deep
Do you think the could cut the thickness in the last wrap to make 2.5 instead of 3 in your left hand?

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Not sure how much is shaft vs. head but there's a reason that 3 wood is the longest tenured club currently in my bag.

Unless Team Hackers is trying to sabotage me ;)
Go HZRDUS Black 75g 6.5 ;)

I'm just gonna add, don't be afraid to go with the RadSpeed Irons!! I know there is a lot of gorgeous irons available to you, but don't just write them off.

Question, has anyone else tried the Evenflow Riptide CB 50? Any thoughts?

My only advice is this: you’re getting a free set of clubs, don’t be afraid to go out of the box on shafts, etc. You can always change them out if you prefer. If I were one of the chosen few, I would be tempted to try a set of Recoil DART shafts, on my own dime. I tried to order them on my RADS but was told they aren’t available. Must be a Callaway exclusive.

My dispersion wasn't great with it in the driver. But I also play a Ping G400 with the CB 55 shaft and only hit around a third of my fairways so.....

My only advice is this: you’re getting a free set of clubs, don’t be afraid to go out of the box on shafts, etc.
You sound like my wife and she is a wise woman

I currently have the riptide CB 60 5.5 in my G425 and I like it. Feels smooth when I put a good swing on it. Gets good launch and generally seems like it will stay in play. I’m working on fighting a bit of a hook but that’s me and not the shaft.

I’ve just about convinced myself to go Recoil. I would have never paid for them so why not. I’m sure it’s not a bad shaft.

My Driver Order

9 Degree RadSpeed
LH Adapter because its the internet
Tour Velvet or anything else, with 4 wraps under right hand and 3 under left
Measuring 45"
Swing Weight D1
Shaft: I don't care, I am going to change it 19 times before November
Other: I need it hot melted on the heel side and deep
Why so few wraps of tape?? 🤣🤣 I'll never live that down!

Back