MichiganGripRip

Allegedly
Reaction score
Handicap
Recently I bought an F9 Driver from a member here on the forum (og512). I'd like to preface this by saying that this has nothing to do with the seller, they were stellar through the entire process. Low and behold however after 8 range balls the dreaded happened and the head broke. Is this a common occurance on these drivers, I hadn't heard of this happening like such. I've included some photos.

Attachments

• 20200225_163009.jpg
    20200225_163009.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 196
  • 20200225_163006.jpg
    20200225_163006.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 20200225_163002.jpg
    20200225_163002.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 20200225_162803.jpg
    20200225_162803.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 177
Call Cobra golf. I bet they will send you a new one. I seen and I have also experienced great customer service with Cobra golf

Don't swing so hard Magilla Gorilla! Haha Sorry that happened to you!:oops:

I second the great Cobra customer service! Definitely get in contact with them. But to answer your question, this is honestly the first I've seen of this on a Cobra driver. I'm sure it's happened but it's not something the F9 has regularly had issues with

Wow, well that's no fun. I would certainly give Cobra a call to see if there is anything they can do for you. (y)

I didn't know how Cobra responds to clubs that have changed hands, thats the biggest question that I had.

I agree with the above. Cobra has good service and a call to them should help resolve the problem. Keep us posted!

Call Cobra CS they were really good to me and really responsive even after over 1 year.

Had my F9 throughout all of 2019 and had not heard of anything remotely close to that happening. As others have said, I'd reach out to Cobra and see what they say.

Now that is busticated! Sorry it happened. Hope Cobra takes care of you!

I didn't know how Cobra responds to clubs that have changed hands, thats the biggest question that I had.

I think they don’t have any obligation to help, but most of the OEM’s will anyway with a newer model club.

TM did it for me years ago with an RBZ that I was the second owner of. I also had Cobra replace my F7 that had paint issues that I bought new from EBay. They replaced it with an F8.

Thanks for the input everyone. I hadn't seen anything like this happening either, it seems like an outlier for these. I'll get ahold of Cobra and see if there is anything that can be done.

Sent an email so I could include the pictures as well. Fingers crossed!

Wow, I have hit literally hundreds of balls with my F9, I have hit the ground, it has sky marks, I have hit water balls, basically put it thought the ringer, and never have I seen anything like this. I have a lot of confidence that Cobra will do right by you on this. Each club has a serial number, so I am fairly sure that it can be tracked and will be replaced.

Ouch. That is the first cracked Speedback I have seen.

Sh!! Happens. Hopefully Cobra takes care of you.

Let this be a lesson, never hit a Nitro golf ball with your gamer.

Let this be a lesson, never hit a Nitro golf ball with your gamer.
? I wish. It was a random Titleist NXT mixed in with Wilson Range balls that was the one hit during the swing. I looked at it and though, "Hmm.. maybe I should keep that". Apparently I should have.

Wow, I have hit literally hundreds of balls with my F9, I have hit the ground, it has sky marks, I have hit water balls, basically put it thought the ringer, and never have I seen anything like this. I have a lot of confidence that Cobra will do right by you on this. Each club has a serial number, so I am fairly sure that it can be tracked and will be replaced.
I hope Cobra takes care of you. That’s wild that it cracked like that

Right, at the worst case scenario maybe this could be used for R&D purposes, bad batch, etc. No hard feelings to the seller/Cobra/the range I was at/the guy next to me at Texas Roadhouse eating peanuts(even the shells) it was just a really strange moment.

Well chalk one up for CPG C/S already. Regardless if they can help me or not, they've already responded to my email not even 30 minutes later, and thats a HUGE up in my book.

Wow, I have neither seen nor heard of this. I hope Cobra CS sends you a new head.

Second update: CPG C/S has supplied a label, head will be heading to a FEDEX location tomorrow. So far, superb.

A live look at what happened...

Back