Update:

Head was delivered to Cobra last Friday, after the weekend and a few days I figured I'd hear back or at least some correspondence regarding the repair ticket. I did not, but I just guessed that it might be 5-7 business days or whatever. No rush really.
Fast forward to today, and much to my surprise a new replacement head showed up on my stoop. As with everything through this I am absolutely impressed by CPG customer service. I will remember this when making future golf purchasese large and small.
That is great! Go “break” that thing already! 🤣 Sorry, bad pun!

That is great! Go “break” that thing already! 🤣 Sorry, bad pun!
Hey, with any luck if I break it again there might be a Callaway in my future 🤣

Update:

Head was delivered to Cobra last Friday, after the weekend and a few days I figured I'd hear back or at least some correspondence regarding the repair ticket. I did not, but I just guessed that it might be 5-7 business days or whatever. No rush really.
Fast forward to today, and much to my surprise a new replacement head showed up on my stoop. As with everything through this I am absolutely impressed by CPG customer service. I will remember this when making future golf purchasese large and small.
Now that is CS.

Quick turnaround on that! Great job Cobra!

And not just on clubs. I had the same type of service with shoes also, so obviously they're making CS a top priority.

Hello Everyone.
I just cracked the face of the F9 Speedback I purchased just over a year ago.
I play about 4 to 6 games a year and my driving average is about 250 yards.
I was at the driving range and noticed that it was not going the normal distance.
Looked at the face and it was cracked.:mad:
Now I have a pristine looking driver with a cracked face.
Contacted Cobra but since it was purchased 13 month ago, I'm out of luck.
To say the least, I was DISAPOINTED.
Hope this is a very rare incident.

Hello Everyone.
I just cracked the face of the F9 Speedback I purchased just over a year ago.
I play about 4 to 6 games a year and my driving average is about 250 yards.
I was at the driving range and noticed that it was not going the normal distance.
Looked at the face and it was cracked.:mad:
Now I have a pristine looking driver with a cracked face.
Contacted Cobra but since it was purchased 13 month ago, I'm out of luck.
To say the least, I was DISAPOINTED.
Hope this is a very rare incident.
That is very surprising! Anyone know something that could help him?

I’ve gamed my F9 for a few years now and other than the marks I put on it, it’s suffered no damage. I would definitely contact Cobra CS, they have been nothing but the best for me!

I did contact CS. I was told to go through the website warranty process.

Here is their reply:

Hello,
To better serve our customers, all Cobra Club warranty claims will now be submitted through our website. Please visit www.cobragolf.com/warranty to begin your warranty submission.
Best,
Cobra Puma Golf

Ticket: https://cobrapumagolf.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/130913
Customer Service Team
COBRA PUMA GOLF | 1818 Aston Avenue | Carlsbad, CA 92008

Last edited:
My buddy had his F9 split in half after a normal shot, he contacted Cobra and they replaced it with the newer King SZ no questions asked :cool:

My buddy had his F9 split in half after a normal shot, he contacted Cobra and they replaced it with the newer King SZ no questions asked :cool:

I guess with COVID, they don't have enough staff and want to automate the process.
Policy states one year from purchase, so I missed it by a month.
That's the way the cookie crumbles... I guess.

I guess with COVID, they don't have enough staff and want to automate the process.
It surprises and disappoints me that Cobra would take that position.

It surprises and disappoints me that Cobra would take that position.
I agree, and it would literally be the first time I would see such a thing. They were fantastic on the only issue I ever had.

I would submit regardless of the policy.. Their CS has taken care of me even when they didn't need to

Let this be a lesson, never hit a Nitro golf ball with your gamer.

In sub zero temps....

Seriously, Conra should back that. I’ve had a couple issues with **** breaking when I swung 130-144. The manufactures always backed it up unless it was a really old model.

In sub zero temps....

Seriously, Conra should back that. I’ve had a couple issues with **** breaking when I swung 130-144. The manufactures always backed it up unless it was a really old model.
I was hitting TP5 at a indoor driving range with launch monitors. I would say it was around 70 degrees.

Unfortunately I have exactly the same issue. Bought used driver and play nearly whole season with it without any problem. But now suddenly during one shot I heard weird sound and see driver head cracked and nearly whole top side fly away. It is definitely technical problem if you check how this driver head is folded together. I thing that Cobra knows about it as next model SpeedZone have "optimized chassis" with T-bone shape.
I send them warranty submission and hope they will reply and solve this issue.

Attachments

• cobra_damage_1.jpg
    cobra_damage_1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 41
  • cobra_damage_2.jpg
    cobra_damage_2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 42
  • cobra_damage_3.jpg
    cobra_damage_3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 39
So for the people seeing their F9s crack, did you keep your golf bag in your car over the winter? I’m wondering if the adhesive holding the carbon to the titanium gave way.

So for the people seeing their F9s crack, did you keep your golf bag in your car over the winter? I’m wondering if the adhesive holding the carbon to the titanium gave way.
Nope all my golf clubs are stored in same spot which is in closed garage and except 54 wedge they have headcovers. Moreover during winter lowest temperatures inside are about 10°C/50°F. Never have a single problem with any other club and Cobra driver was newest.

Nope all my golf clubs are stored in same spot which is in closed garage and except 54 wedge they have headcovers. Moreover during winter lowest temperatures inside are about 10°C/50°F. Never have a single problem with any other club and Cobra driver was newest.

Man, that’s such a strange defect to come up! I’ve seen carbon crown drivers have the crown crack the paint but yours is a complete failure.

HQ in USA reply immediatelly but forwarded my request to Europe. 14 days gone and nearest branch in Germany was not able to even answer me. I tried UK but they somehow do not perceive info that driver was bought second hand and reply that they are waiting for damaged driver head from local retailer.
It looks like that branches do not want to help customers and you guys were lucky that Cobra resolve this with new head. :( I will try HQ again but this behaviour is not showing Cobra in good light.
Edit: UK now understand what I meant but cannot help me with problem in EUROPE and recommend to contact Germany. This is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back