Cobra FLY-Z+ Driver Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The THP Home Page has all of your information on the new driver from Cobra including an exclusive video from T.O. about what Flip It & Rip It means. Check it out here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=24090

IMG_7853-L.jpg

IMG_7855-L.jpg

IMG_7856-L.jpg

IMG_7850-L.jpg

What is Speed Channel?

Cobra FLY-Z+ Driver Preview

This is relevant to my interests. I love the idea of a changeable CG from front to back. This could be a huge thing for so many golfers.

I like the FlipZone weight. It's much better looking and more convenient than the lead tape I've been using all these years. I will definitely be hitting one of these when they come out in 10 days.

This is a pretty cool concept. I am very tired but I will be watching the video in the morning. Being able to have essentially 2 clubs in one is pretty cool.

15 grams of weight is huge and 18% larger sweet spot sounds sweet. Love the look of the red and black heads.

Very interesting design,Liking the look of this one. I love the multi colour on the sole

I find myself wondering how much forgiveness they managed to squeeze out of it with the weight forward? The E9 face is the real deal and shouldn't change because of the weight being forward.

Driver looks great. I may be missing something but how does the weight change? I guess it undoes and you move it to the back but it doesn't look like there is any thread for it to screw back into.

These are just so beautiful I don't know what to do right now I can't wait to hit them. And then most likely buy them probably almost all the colors minus read because I'm not a fan of red

Really interested in this, if I do replace the BiO Cells....
Anyway, any info if it will use the MyFly from the BiO Cell line? Would be great if all I had to do was buy a head and pop in my shaft.

Oh my oh my!!! The looks of that driver are amazing. I like the concept of front to back changeable CG. A must hit.

That is trippy looking. Dig all the color offerings.

Driver looks great. I may be missing something but how does the weight change? I guess it undoes and you move it to the back but it doesn't look like there is any thread for it to screw back into.

If you look closely, there looks to be a cover over the back screw hole that extends over the length of the flipzone area.

I absolutely love the look of these things. Can't wait to hit one. I'm assuming the Z fits my game better, but I want to try the Z+ with a higher launching shaft.

That's very cool looking, Cobra has really opened my eyes for metal woods this year and I really like the ability to adjust the COG like this.

Love the red.

Really interested in this, if I do replace the BiO Cells....
Anyway, any info if it will use the MyFly from the BiO Cell line? Would be great if all I had to do was buy a head and pop in my shaft.

Yes the ability to change lofts has not changed.

Solid looking driver from Cobra. It is on my list of toys to try this year

Cobra has earned my attention since the Amp cell. My driver slot for 2015 is wide open and this driver will get a loooong look

Love what I'm reading here. The white looks incredible and like the idea of flipping and ripping.

I know nothing of the VLCT shaft but will trust that Cobra knows what their doing by not having the Red Tie as an option.

Love what I'm reading here. The white looks incredible and like the idea of flipping and ripping.

I know nothing of the VLCT shaft but will trust that Cobra knows what their doing by not having the Red Tie as an option.

Its a solid shaft from Matrix and replaces the Velox (its the same shaft). Works very well with the head.

Now that is cool. Very interesting way to move the weight around and control forgiveness & MOI. It'll be very interesting to see how much they can control spin rates from the Z with the weight back all the way down to the Z+ with the weight forward. Awesome to see them continue to improve the E9 face while keeping the SmartPad and MyFly technologies. I love my Amp Cell driver, and I think Cobra is doing amazing things with their metal woods. I'm looking forward to giving this one a hit.

Now that is cool. Very interesting way to move the weight around and control forgiveness & MOI. It'll be very interesting to see how much they can control spin rates from the Z with the weight back all the way down to the Z+ with the weight forward. Awesome to see them continue to improve the E9 face while keeping the SmartPad and MyFly technologies. I love my Amp Cell driver, and I think Cobra is doing amazing things with their metal woods. I'm looking forward to giving this one a hit.

Spin can change quite a bit between the two and there are some other differences between FLY-Z and FLY-Z+ with the weight in the back that I can cover soon.

I like what they have done with the FlipZone. Seems like an easy way to adjust and tweak CG.

Looks really good. I've been thinking about picking up a ZL Encore as it's been one of my favor heads, but might wait to check out these first.

So many good products coming for '15.

Coming in March. GREEN!

IMG_7852-L.jpg

Back