Cobra FLY-Z+ Driver Preview

I'll be very interested to hear your comparison of the two Cobra's Freddie. The Fly Z+ has me super intrigued and I'm interested on what it does better (and worse) than my current BioCell+.
I'm planing to charity scramble on monday so I'll have plenty of opportunities to bomb it. I'll be sure to compare notes

I'm planing to charity scramble on monday so I'll have plenty of opportunities to bomb it. I'll be sure to compare notes
Looking forward to your thoughts my good man.

Does any one have an opinion on the Matrix VLCT stock shaft? The Grafalloy Project X PXv felt good in the Bio Cell, how much of a difference is it to that?

I'm playing that shaft right now in my driver.

Very nice write up. Interesting that the two shafts are differentiated based on the intended lengths to play at. Can't think of another that has been like that.

One of my early tasks I've given myself this year is to experiment heavily with a shorter driver. Seems like this ST shaft might be a good one to start that experiment with.

The Fly Z+ is a driver I'm planning to try but wasn't considering the VLCT ST shaft until now! I was leaning towards the Tour Green as its a shaft I'm familiar with.

I'm very excited to pick this driver up and have a duel with my Cally DBD. I'm wondering if it will confirm what I've learned in the past (and apparently keep forgetting), that I should always just game Cobra Drivers. I had the BCP in my bag last year, and the Amp cell pro in the year before, etc....

Down under fly z is available .
Initial impression on driver set to 10.5 slight draw bias
High flight very forgiving but not super long .
Similar to my current driver optiforce 460
Was trialling a srixon 3 wood which went as far and was so easy to hit

Down under fly z is available .
Initial impression on driver set to 10.5 slight draw bias
High flight very forgiving but not super long .
Similar to my current driver optiforce 460
Was trialling a srixon 3 wood which went as far and was so easy to hit

The Srixon 3 wood was longer than the Fly Z driver? I find that pretty odd if that is what you meant.

He really liked it, and those numbers don't lie about the flip it technology having an impact. Now if I could only have a 115 mph swing so I could bomb it 305 on average, damn.

He really liked it, and those numbers don't lie about the flip it technology having an impact. Now if I could only have a 115 mph swing so I could bomb it 305 on average, damn.

His Buddy and teaching pal , Peter Finch, that is on a lot of his videos and has his own channel is closer to 120+, and has a swing rhythm i would kill for.

His Buddy and teaching pal , Peter Finch, that is on a lot of his videos and has his own channel is closer to 120+, and has a swing rhythm i would kill for.

The no effort swings are the fastest....I try to tell my self, that is.

Has anybody compared the Fly Z + with the Bio Cell +? How are the numbers?

I have just yesterday again actually. I am the wrong guy to ask because I was never a huge fan of the Bio Cell+, but for me, I get a driver is that more fine tunable. I can make it lower spin, I can make it higher spin. So for the player that is working on their game or their swing changes day to day, the Fly-Z+ offers more flexibility.

I really don't want to make a driver decision this year until hit this. So many good initial thoughts in here.

FedEx just dropped my Fly Z+ in Blue!
Can't wait to give it a spin around the fairways!
Going to start with 11.5° and Flipping It Forward

FedEx just dropped my Fly Z+ in Blue!
Can't wait to give it a spin around the fairways!
Going to start with 11.5° and Flipping It Forward

Nice! Looking forward to what you think.

Same here, finch can kill it with a driver. And his consistency is fantastic to boot.

This driver is on my ponder list, I hope one will show up at my shop soon.

This was ordered and I am awaiting delivery. Can not wait to get this in the bag

Stock shaft, green head. The Matrix Tie family doesn't really do it for me. Plus I pound the stock setup and needed to stay with what I knew would work.
Which shaft combo did you go with?

Really look forward to your thoughts Freddie.

Back