Cobra FLY-Z+ Driver Preview

I got in a long range session and hit about 40 balls with my new Fly Z+. I did not have my A swing and it was windy but this driver is the real deal. More tinkering is needed but today 10* of loft and the weight forward seemed to work best. When you move the weight back it makes the driver more forgiving(think Ping G30) but the spin goes up. With the weight forward it reminded me of a more forgiving Callaway DBD. It will obviously take some time to get it dialed in but this club is stupid easy to hit high and strait. Can't wait to test it on the course tomorrow!

March 12th Update: After 8 rounds I'm killing my driver long and straight for the first time in what seems like years. This driver has been so easy to hit that I'm starting to hit driver a few more times each round. It's given me a boost in reaching par 5's in two shots. Definitely my favorite driver in the last 5 years!

Last edited:
Update this isn't so much about the great club Cobra has produced this year but to go along with them making great equipment the customer service is just as good. Now I will state the action that caused this mishap was of my own accord. I received my custom Driver&FWY order from GG both in the white color head in about 4 weeks. However when receiving the order I realized that I order the Fly Z+ fairway instead of the regular Fly Z so the next day I called GG and took ownership of the mistake and wanted to know if could i just simply swap out the heads. GG absolutely refused any assistance even when I offered to pay towards the exchange for me causing the inconvenience. This lead me to contacting Cobra directly and I had the pleasure of dealing with one of the most helpful customer service teams ever.Cobra contacted the GG store and was told they GG could not assist Cobra at this point could have turned me away but to my surprise they asked me to send the FWY head back and they would swap it out. Then they went even further once I realized the Verdant Green color was available I politely asked if I could swap my Fly Z+ Driver as well for the Verdant Green. Their answer was a loud YES. All I had to do is send them my brand new driver and fwy heads and after inspection they would ship me the new heads.Everything went thru today and they are shipping the new heads to me today overnight via Fedex. The craziest part is that they just received my original heads yesterday talk about a fast turnaround. Needless to say Cobra Puma Golf I think your customer service team has my ultimate seal of approval.

Great story. So glad to hear they took care of you.

New heads arrived today and man I hope they perform as good as they look uploadfromtaptalk1427497531387.jpg

My ZL Encore head cracked last week so need a new driver. Can anyone compare flight with ZL as I was using a tour issue 7.5 and really like a low ballflight so hoping fly z plus is lower launch than the ZL Encore was.

My ZL Encore head cracked last week so need a new driver. Can anyone compare flight with ZL as I was using a tour issue 7.5 and really like a low ballflight so hoping fly z plus is lower launch than the ZL Encore was.
I think you'll get the flight you want with the neutral weight setting

Stock stiff but putting my hand crafted in this weekend

looking forward to this. this is still on my ponder list but with so many great products out this year it makes for lots of choices and sometimes hard ones at times.

This is a very very good driver. a pro version at 440cc would be the best driver on the market.

4th generation is added to the bag...voyage today
b9dc5f522f8284ee41739b5fbffb46f2.jpg

This is still on my ponder list, I have some GG gift cards and Advantage Club reward points to spend but I'm going to give my Covert 2.0 a few chances before I kick it as I just got it last year, but the results I got from hitting Fly Z+ are too good to ignore.

How is the stock shaft on this one? Is it pretty legit? Does it play soft, or at flex? I've never hit a VCLT ST, assuming this is the real deal. Thanks!

This is a very very good driver. a pro version at 440cc would be the best driver on the market.

How is the Elements Chrome in this head? I had one in my Bio Cell Pro last year, and it was very good.

Does anybody know definitively whether Cobra is or is not going to come out with a Fly Z Pro driver? I know they came out with the BC Pro later than the BC and BC+, so I still have hope about a Z Pro, despite the fact that there hasn't been a release or statement (that I'm aware of) by Cobra (yet).

looking forward to this. this is still on my ponder list but with so many great products out this year it makes for lots of choices and sometimes hard ones at times.
This will be in play early next week and then in Dallas

Does anybody know definitively whether Cobra is or is not going to come out with a Fly Z Pro driver? I know they came out with the BC Pro later than the BC and BC+, so I still have hope about a Z Pro, despite the fact that there hasn't been a release or statement (that I'm aware of) by Cobra (yet).
I suspect if they are, JB might be able to shed some.light on this. But I was u Der the impression the flyz+ was the "pro"model in the FlyZ line. But I may be wrong

With the weight flipped forward on the z+ I'm not sure they need a pro model.

Would like to see a Pro model with a deeper face, aka BC+ remake, with the flipzone of course.

Hit a large bucket of ball with a demo z+
great feeling driver.
might just knock out the Amp Cell Pro

Second day with this driver and I love the sound of it. Thought I would miss the sound from the DBD...but believe I even like this one more. Put a few out there and can't wait to get the feel for the combo.

Have my D+ 72 on stand by but dont think I will be putting it in anytime soon.

Really liking the added forgiveness Im seeing and just need to get the tempo in check and fix a couple issues creeping back into the swing.

Second day with this driver and I love the sound of it. Thought I would miss the sound from the DBD...but believe I even like this one more. Put a few out there and can't wait to get the feel for the combo.

Have my D+ 72 on stand by but dont think I will be putting it in anytime soon.

Really liking the added forgiveness Im seeing and just need to get the tempo in check and fix a couple issues creeping back into the swing.
You definitely hit a few monsters out there today!

I just ordered this driver today. They gave me a demo to use while I wait for mine to come in. I have never owned a Cobra club and never really liked the brand, but I could not argue with the results I was seeing on the launch monitor. I stopped at the range on the way home and was delighted. A couple of screw ball hits, but 90% were money. The driver just POPS. I also like the 45" shaft compared to other models. I think it really helped me with consistency. I can feel the head really well through the swing.

Tried the FlyZ+ today with the weight back at 11 deg.

My SS is mid-90's. It did not work for me. It is, however, a nice looking driver. Good luck, everyone.

Back