Cobra FLY-Z+ Driver Preview

So I had hit the Fly-Z+ on a monitor awhile back while testing out pretty much every new club and really liked it. When a fellow THPer put one on the market, I went ahead and got it. First time out this morning, and I really like this driver. Definitely lower-spinning than my current driver, even with the weight in the back. The sound and feel of the Fly-Z+ is amazing, but a solid thump for well-struck shots. Despite being a bit shorter than my current gamer, still got above average distance. Misses towards the toe are penalized a bit more, but that's to be expected. Either way, I can't help but think this may well become my gamer in the near future. It's just too much fun to hit not to.

Glad you seem to enjoying it. I hit it a couple times at the range but it just wasn't working with my sorry excuse for a swing.

Is anyone still hitting this club?

I am looking for a new driver and the fly-z+ has been the club I want to buy no matter what. I have not had much chance to try this club but I am hoping its as forgiving as everyone says it is since I have a slice and would be using the Draw settings when using it.

I am looking for a new driver and the fly-z+ has been the club I want to buy no matter what. I have not had much chance to try this club but I am hoping its as forgiving as everyone says it is since I have a slice and would be using the Draw settings when using it.

Yep! I'll be honest I'm still adjusting to the sound this club makes, so much different than my Callaway x2 hot. It's a much deader sound but it still flies off the club face! Also it is more forgiving. I also struggled with a slice and this driver has helped tremendously. It's on a 10 degree draw setting and I'm loving every hit. Obviously with a slice you need to change something in your swing/grip because a driver isn't going to just change that but this club has the forgiveness and power you'd want. I'm still really happy with it after a few months. I played with the adjustable weight also and found it worked best moved to the front of the face than the back (for me at least).

I am gaming this one right now, too, after playing the regular Fly Z for a bit... both are excellent drivers but I am getting a little more distance with the +, weight forward at 10*, Aldila Tour Blue stiff. Launches high and seems to stay in the air for a while, and still runs out when it lands. I think its just a matter of finding a good shaft combo to make it shine but I am loving everything about this one right now. The regular fly Z is a little more forgiving but seems to spin a bit more for me. Some great gear out there from Cobra right now....

It's been in my bag for the past 4 months. I see as good numbers from it as anything else I've come across. I'm not going to say this will fix a slice, but the face is a great combination of forgiving and strong on impact.

Yep! Just upped it to 11 degrees due to how wet the courses are down here, but I am still really liking the driver. I still have a tendency to come waaaay inside and leave the club face wide open (huge push fade), but that is all on me, as that is my bad mishit. I also have the weight set up front near the face.

Anyone still gaming this thing? I just picked one up used for $80. It doesn't even look like it was played more than 3 rounds. Black head with a matrix 6M4 X flex.

Currently I have it setup in the 11.5* draw with the weight up front. Weird combo but I'm thinking high Lauch and low spin with the forward weight and stout shaft.

I'm still gaming it. It's a great mix of distance and forgiveness for me. I think the VLCT shaft stands up very well. It's beat out a Big Bertha and Great Big Bertha, and looks outstanding.

Still in my bag. Great driver with superb launch and ideal spin for me. When my swing is on, it's perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here I go again reviving an old thread...I've been hitting this club with a R Flex Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 from the Bio Cell+, and I think my transition is a little too quick for that shaft. I'm really intrigued to try the Stock VLCT ST but I'm also really intrigued by the Aldila Tour Green. For those of you that have compared the 2 shafts, what are your thoughts?

Here I go again reviving an old thread...I've been hitting this club with a R Flex Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 from the Bio Cell+, and I think my transition is a little too quick for that shaft. I'm really intrigued to try the Stock VLCT ST but I'm also really intrigued by the Aldila Tour Green. For those of you that have compared the 2 shafts, what are your thoughts?

If I could get them at the same price, I'd choose tour green over a lot of things. But the stock VCLT wasn't a bad shaft from my experience with it.

The Tour Green was a better fit for me personally but i never had it in my Fly Z+. I did enjoy the stock VLCT shaft but i could have gone for something a little more low spin

Back