Cobra FMAX line. Recently purchased Airspeed iron set.

Notto

Reaction score
After much deliberation and after returning one set of irons that I did not like at all... I settled on the FMAX Airspeed iron/hybrid combo. 4H, 5H, 6-PW. I made the purchase because after swapping to a regular flex (from stiff) in my driver, I was finally hitting the ball straight with more consistency, so I wanted to go from stiff to regular in irons as well. I went with regular flex graphite shafts. I love the feel of the clubs, and for the first time since picking up the sport, I hit a slight draw periodically with the irons. The hybrids are ridiculously easy to hit also.

Has anyone else had any experience with any of the irons in the FMAX lineup?

I’ve got the Airspeeds in 4 iron all way through SW with Px 6.0 in graphite shafts. Plenty forgiveness, soft feel for a cast club, and plenty length. Only complaint is they’re extremely light, as advertised. I’ll add some lead tape and see how that helps, although I’m very interested in the T Rails! Great club for the money. Cobra makes great products.

I went and did some iron testing on a monitor and these ended up near the top. Since I already had the T-Rails bought this year as well as some PXG irons coming I didn't buy these but for those looking for some extra help and also shot height and descent angles look at the Airpspeeds. They are not strong lofted like most SGI clubs so that helps having the added loft !!

Back