Cobra Golf Long Tom Driver Preview

Many people dont care about name, until that name is Cobra. TC is an example. The man will play almost any name if it lowers his score, unless that name is cobra. Its not wrong by any means.

Many people are like this, for all brands, but I see it coming from Titleist and Cobra the most. Is it for good reason? Most times not, but either way, it happens.

I know this is not for everyone but if I found a club I could hit and lower my score and it was made by Fisher Price, I would hit it. I could care less about name. It's all about game. There is no chance I would be able to hit this club.

Many people dont care about name, until that name is Cobra. TC is an example. The man will play almost any name if it lowers his score, unless that name is cobra. Many people are like this, for all brands, but I see it coming from Titleist and Cobra the most. Is it for good reason? Most times not, but either way, it happens.

Why do you think that is? Especially surprises me that you included Titlest.

Titleist has some issues when it comes to being an 'elitist' brand, and when it comes to demo days without sales reps. Theyd rather sell you on the equipment rather than let the equipment sell itself. That, and Scotty Cameron is the biggest thief of all putter designs out there.

Cobra received some much deserved flack for trying to doop Tmade on the White driver, in the end, it only hurt them and helped Tmade.

Why do you think that is? Especially surprises me that you included Titlest.

I can't imagine flailing about with a 48" driver. I'm about as comfortable going for the green with a 6i as with an 8i, and in either case, I'm better off doing so from the fairway than having 100 yards from 3" rough, or behind a tree. I've gamed 3 drivers this summer: Ping Rapture w BB (45"), Srixon ZRW w Epic (45") and the S2 w stock shaft (45.5"). I've hit the Ping a bit longer, the Zrw and S2 about the same distance and the S2 straighter. So far the S2 wins -- lowest round (77), highest GIRs (11), most pars (12) but I did this choking down a good 1 1/2". When I play the club at full length, my misses immediately become more pronounced. If you need a lot more length to have mid-irons to the green, move up to the next tee box. I did since I figure at 230 yards a drive, I shouldn't be playing from the 6500+ tees. Since Cobra tends to be a brand for the less equipment-focused golfer (from my observation) this driver release seems like an odd move.

Never tried Cobra or even swung anything from cobra... I guess im one of those people

Never tried Cobra or even swung anything from cobra... I guess im one of those people

In the end we're all just people. Just like Cobra is just like any other OEM trying to make it.

In the end we're all just people. Just like Cobra is just like any other OEM trying to make it.
That is deep dude. You're right though, we are all just people.

I can't wait to bomb 325 yard drives with the Long Tom!

yoccos speaks through his avatar.

Man dude, Jake Straight is so last year. I'm just throwing out Jake Bombs now, it's crazy.

Dude imagine how far you'd hit it with this monster.

All I can say is that I want to hit this monster!

That is deep dude. You're right though, we are all just people.

I can't wait to bomb 325 yard drives with the Long Tom!

Im thinking since I can hit my SF 2.0 375 yards I should be at least 450 with the 48" long tommy

I just find this club plain dangerous. Normally, I try to keep my driver swing under control for best results, but there's no excuse not to freaking swing for the moon with this.

If it can keep my ball remotely in play, I'll use it!

I love the "Distance Calculator" they have on their website. Im supposed to gain 20+ yards with the long tom. Interesting.

How much distance are you supposed to gain by using the calculator?

Click Here!

19 yards. I have no doubt I would gain that, I also don't doubt I would end up 15 of those yards would be to the right.

That's pretty cool. If I really could gain 19 yds I'd try it out for sure!

I could gain "20+" yards! Wow what a claim

I feel a little odd in that I actually REALLY want to try one of these. I think a 9.0 in stiff might actually work for my swing. I think with my smoother driver tempo I could actually bomb it. Well, not bomb it. Maybe a cherry bomb. Well, maybe a fire cracker. You get the picture.

These are great!

[video=youtube;2JNg-quGRB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JNg-quGRB0[/video]

[video=youtube;oD0RJd-dIek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD0RJd-dIek[/video]

haha I loved the Videos. Who doesnt want to add that kind of Yardage!?

Smalls these are hilarious! If you can't hit it over 180 you probably shouldn't be playing

Back