COBRA KING 3D Printed and Vintage Series Putters

what is your process for the in home comparison?
10 putts from 4 through 8 feet with each putter from cup on the Perfect Putting mat and repeat in reverse order to the other cup. And repeat and repeat, yada, yada, yada.

My love affair with the Widesport continues, and I have been putting so well with it. I have gotten several comments from other members how well I putt and checking out my putter.

Having been to the 2023 MC, I have an idea about what Cobra has in the pipeline. While I am excited for the new releases, I am wondering how in the heck they will improve this design. It’s like it’s an extension of my hand at this point.

My love affair with the Widesport continues, and I have been putting so well with it. I have gotten several comments from other members how well I putt and checking out my putter.

Having been to the 2023 MC, I have an idea about what Cobra has in the pipeline. While I am excited for the new releases, I am wondering how in the heck they will improve this design. It’s like it’s an extension of my hand at this point.
I'll gladly take an extension like that please!

I haven't switched putters for I think 7 years, so I'm thrilled to see what's coming.

I don’t know if I mentioned this story anywhere, and since I have some time to wait before my round, I’ll share it (again?).

While at the Morgan Cup, I got to play some bonus holes with @Master Yagley. He noticed that I had a little brush and would use it to clean the bottom of my putter fairly often. So he asked me what I was doing, and I told him that I would get some sand stuck in the little grooves in the bottom of the putter and was cleaning it out. You can see the grooves here, right under the face:

IMG_9082.jpeg

He asked me to show him what I was talking about, so I brushed my putter in the bunker and showed him how some sand would get in the grooves. It wasn’t a big deal that would impact performance, but I didn’t want the putter to get scratched going in and out of the cover.

He then took a picture and sent it to his team right then and there, from the course. That is how much care and thought the Cobra team puts into every single detail of these putters. So it’s no surprise to me how well they perform, because every detail matters to them, and they are always improving.

I don’t know if I mentioned this story anywhere, and since I have some time to wait before my round, I’ll share it (again?).

While at the Morgan Cup, I got to play some bonus holes with @Master Yagley. He noticed that I had a little brush and would use it to clean the bottom of my putter fairly often. So he asked me what I was doing, and I told him that I would get some sand stuck in the little grooves in the bottom of the putter and was cleaning it out. You can see the grooves here, right under the face:

View attachment 9237504

He asked me to show him what I was talking about, so I brushed my putter in the bunker and showed him how some sand would get in the grooves. It wasn’t a big deal that would impact performance, but I didn’t want the putter to get scratched going in and out of the cover.

He then took a picture and sent it to his team right then and there, from the course. That is how much care and thought the Cobra team puts into every single detail of these putters. So it’s no surprise to me how well they perform, because every detail matters to them, and they are always improving.
That's awesome. It's something I've had issues with the Agera too. Both on the sole, but because of the 3d printed design on a wet dewy morning, any sand and dirt just stick and find their way in everywhere. It's a minor complaint, because I love the look of the 3d printed design.

The Widesport still intrigues me.

Go Away Cat GIF by Simian Reflux

View attachment 9237504

Cool story. And can totally see yags doing that while the wheels are turning in his thinker.

View attachment 9237504

That's an awesome story and shows how passionate he is.

View attachment 9237504

What will be even more fun is to see when/if that conversation bears fruit in the future. I’m guessing the next release is pretty baked but after we could be calling the cobra clean soles the Big Dill sole

I’m really excited to see what they do next

Gotta say, toyed with getting fit for a new putter but after the last couple rounds. My Nova 40 isn’t going anywhere!

It just rolls the ball where I’m looking every time! ❤️🔥

Last edited:
Gotta say, toyed with getting for for a new putter but after the last couple rounds. My Nova 40 isn’t going anywhere!

It just rolls the ball where I’m looking every time! ❤️🔥
Man, I had the exact same experience with the Supernova today. Just end over end solid roll.

Man, I had the exact same experience with the Supernova today. Just end over end solid roll.
Paid a lot more for putters last year and none worked better than the Coba 👊🏼

Last edited:
First time out for me in a few weeks, and I threw a new putter I unintentionally acquired in the bag for my member game this morning. It’s a well known brand and it’s about 4 times as expensive as the Widesport I have been rolling.

I used it in the practice green and after this round, the Cobra Widesport is going right back in the bag. It’s superior in every way.

Looking at my Vintage Nova and comparing to the new updated version this year I really prefer this shape a bit more. The new model looks a little less #7 and I'm sure that was intentional, however I like the more classic look. Where the new model does get the nod though is the insert, it much better IMO.

When I let the Agera do it's thing, it is so good. I had a fantastic first 9 holes last round out. I made a 30 foot putt from just off the green for birdie, and had another 10 foot birdie putt that dropped. Lag putts were on too, giving me stress free 2nd putts.

When I get in the way, and use my hands too much, I get in the way. I struggled on the back 9. Got a bit too handsy. As a result, I kept leaving the face a bit open, and missed too many putts inside 6 feet. Then it gets in my head.

Just need to focus more, because when I do, the Agera is really, really good to me.

Took my Supernova-20 out for 9 today and really enjoyed it. Still feels good and puts a really good roll on the ball. Feels like it responds well to a smooth stroke where you let the putter do the work. Had a 50 foot putt today that I didn’t strike perfectly but still carried the speed I intended. Was left with a slippery L to R 5 footer where I felt really confident with my ball’s alignment and the putter alignment and I rolled it in. Has me pondering giving this a look for the bag plus increasing the ponder on picking up something from the new line.

The supernova is just such a stable putter. I was rewarded with a few really my toe side misses that just nestled basically hole
high.

I know there are over 2,500 posts speaking towards how good this line can be but missing those two towards the toe and getting what I got today was still impressive.

Back