COBRA KING 3D Printed and Vintage Series Putters

View attachment 9012337
Well I stopped in at the local golf shop on the way to men’s night and couldn’t resist even though I have been using a short slant spider for years and really do think it fits my putting stroke well. I had my spider x in my bag but left it in the truck for the round. Need to get used to the distance control but I putted very well for me and most everything was at least online. Really like the feel and alignment was good, still wish this was offered in the short slant but I am happy with my impulse purchase. I might change out the grip to something a bit smaller, does anyone know the weight these Cobra grips are with the arccos?
I believe it’s 99 grams

Reactions: MH
I'm honestly not sure what options, if any, might exist as a replacement.

My SWAG mallet cover fits it well. Tried to jam it in my aftermarket Odyssey cover and it fit, but it was tight. Great writeup!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments on the write up! Super excited to get this out on the greens this afternoon. I'm posting some more pictures to show the difference in headcovers, the alignment line issues I mentioned before, as we as a head and face comparison between the Spider X and the Supernova. More to come later tonight!

image4.jpegimage3.jpegimage2 (1).jpegimage1 (1).jpegimage0 (1).jpeg

My SWAG mallet cover fits it well. Tried to jam it in my aftermarket Odyssey cover and it fit, but it was tight. Great writeup!

That makes sense - so far my Spider X headcover and my non-brand, green clover Parsaver headcover fit it, but my Odyssey No. 3 Jack headcover is just a little too tight.

Off to the range today to try out my Vintage Cobra Nova....The Nova has an exceptional roll. The SIK face is amazing. I was rolling long putts with acute distance control and rolling short and medium putts with precise aim. I am in awe of this putter.

Anyone with both series putters that can comment on the feel compared to each other?

Off to the range today to try out my Vintage Cobra Nova....The Nova has an exceptional roll. The SIK face is amazing. I was rolling long putts with acute distance control and rolling short and medium putts with precise aim. I am in awe of this putter.
None of Team Paradise has a putter yet. I smell a conspiracy!

None of Team Paradise has a putter yet. I smell a conspiracy!
I offered to our guys that delivery was based on age....Oldest first, Ha

Just got back from my afternoon 18, with some final thoughts on the Supernova:

- I don't have any pictures on the course, but I can report I had zero glare issues, which was great. I can envision a scenario where glare might factor in, but I never noticed it once. Speaking of which, the alignment line issues I mentioned yesterday also were never a factor - I think the line is so small in comparison to everything else that I quickly learned to ignore any flaws.

- The sound was really interesting. I don't know why it sounds different in my office on my putting mat, but on the greens the sound at impact can best be described as a fairly high pitch "tink". My playing buddy heard it and immediately asked me what the #$%^ I was putting with - he said he had never heard a putter make such a noise...which I agree with. That said, I certainly don't mind the sound - it's just very different.

- The feel is absolutely softer then the Spider X, and it took me a while to adjust. However, I much prefer the feel of the Supernova over the Spider X, and by the end of the round I was getting pretty dialed in distance-wise.

In the end, the Supernova was everything I had hoped for. The roll was excellent (even my buddy commented on how smooth it looked) and I felt the Supernova's stability allowed my putting stroke to be on point and under control. I did not pull a single putt all round, which I typically do a couple of times, and it felt like any misses I had were because of misjudged speed or break, not due to my own putting stroke. I did make a few 7-10 ft. putts and drained a 15 ft. one for a nice recovery bogey, which was great. Overall, this one is a definite keeper and is now my new current gamer.

Anyone have good recommendations for after market mallet style head covers. I hate advertising my putters, I know so many local golfers that have lost nice putters this way. Its an epidemic in AZ it feels like.

- I don't have any pictures on the course, but I can report I had zero glare issues, which was great. I can envision a scenario where glare might factor in, but I never noticed it once. Speaking of which, the alignment line issues I mentioned yesterday also were never a factor - I think the line is so small in comparison to everything else that I quickly learned to ignore any flaws.

- The sound was really interesting. I don't know why it sounds different in my office on my putting mat, but on the greens the sound at impact can best be described as a fairly high pitch "tink". My playing buddy heard it and immediately asked me what the #$%^ I was putting with - he said he had never heard a putter make such a noise...which I agree with. That said, I certainly don't mind the sound - it's just very different.

- The feel is absolutely softer then the Spider X, and it took me a while to adjust. However, I much prefer the feel of the Supernova over the Spider X, and by the end of the round I was getting pretty dialed in distance-wise.

In the end, the Supernova was everything I had hoped for. The roll was excellent (even my buddy commented on how smooth it looked) and I felt the Supernova's stability allowed my putting stroke to be on point and under control. I did not pull a single putt all round, which I typically do a couple of times, and it felt like any misses I had were because of misjudged speed or break, not due to my own putting stroke. I did make a few 7-10 ft. putts and drained a 15 ft. one for a nice recovery bogey, which was great. Overall, this one is a definite keeper and is now my new current gamer.
:love::love::love: Great write up. How long have you gamed the Spider? I ordered the Stingray for myself.

:love::love::love: Great write up. How long have you gamed the Spider? I ordered the Stingray for myself.
Thank you very much!

I’ve gamed the Spider X since about the middle of March when the Hydroblast became available. According to my Grint stats I’ve played about 15 rounds with it.

I personally think the Spider X is an excellent putter and I plan on keeping mine for sure - I just also happen to think the Supernova is better in certain aspects. I think the Stingray looks pretty cool - definitely let us know what you think when you get it!

Last edited:
After rolling a few in the local shop while awaiting arrival, I agree that the sound of the 3D line is different. It makes it seem softer to me. What I found thought was that it allowed me to make a more aggressive stroke, that, coupled with the MOI, meant things looked really good from a performance standpoint.

Seeing these in person they look pretty cool. Some pictures of them look sorta toy-ish, but they just look techie and it's not bad at all from the models I saw.

Great write up! Glad to hear it's working for you. Agree pretty much across the board with your feedback. The sound is sooo unique for sure, but the stability is whats hooked me at this point. Took one round for it to make gamer status in my bag.

Anyone have good recommendations for after market mallet style head covers. I hate advertising my putters, I know so many local golfers that have lost nice putters this way. Its an epidemic in AZ it feels like.

My SWAG cover fits mine, but don't know that it would be any sort of 'undercover' in your specific case. The Robert Mark covers also look like they'll fit, but I don't have one to test. The Supernova isn't really bigger than my Odyssey 7, but the 3D printed wings on the back do make it a touch boxy.

Has anyone swapped out the stock grip? It’s a little bigger than what I normally use and like. It was ok and I probably could get used to it but thinking I will probably just swap it out. Should I be trying to keep the roughly the same weight of grip or would it even matter?

After one round with the vintage Nova, I think I'm ready to go back to the Agera. I didn't putt terribly with it, but it just felt really light and I was struggling to keep it on a consistent path when pulling it back. I could add more weight to it, but honestly, I think I like the feel of the Agera better.

After one round with the vintage Nova, I think I'm ready to go back to the Agera. I didn't putt terribly with it, but it just felt really light and I was struggling to keep it on a consistent path when pulling it back. I could add more weight to it, but honestly, I think I like the feel of the Agera better.
Feel free to send the Nova my way for additional testing :cool::ROFLMAO:

Has anyone swapped out the stock grip? It’s a little bigger than what I normally use and like. It was ok and I probably could get used to it but thinking I will probably just swap it out. Should I be trying to keep the roughly the same weight of grip or would it even matter?
I think I will be doing that once it arrives. I will be going to a superstroke I think depending on how I like the screw in arcoss putter tag.
So far I have enjoyed the feel of these in the stores so I will try to come close to matching the weight of the grip.

Reactions: MH

yes.

I think you would have some leeway with the vintage. The heavier weight of the 3Ds would likely get even heavier if you went too light on the grip

Will make it a touch head heavier, but anything within ~10 grams should be fine. Worth noting though that you'll lose 1/4" of length removing the Arccos grip.

I think I will be doing that once it arrives. I will be going to a superstroke I think depending on how I like the screw in arcoss putter tag.
So far I have enjoyed the feel of these in the stores so I will try to come close to matching the weight of the grip.

Just make sure you don't over-tighten it! Did that with mine and it dislodged the threaded plastic piece. Nothing a little super glue couldn't fix, but worth keeping an eye out for.

Just make sure you don't over-tighten it! Did that with mine and it dislodged the threaded plastic piece. Nothing a little super glue couldn't fix, but worth keeping an eye out for.
The superstroke attachment or their standard putter tag?

The superstroke attachment or their standard putter tag?

The SuperStroke attachment that screws into the countercore spot.

Will make it a touch head heavier, but anything within ~10 grams should be fine. Worth noting though that you'll lose 1/4" of length removing the Arccos grip.

Thanks for the info. That will work out ok for as I bought the 35” so that I could change the grip and possibly take it to 34 1/2”.

Back