COBRA KING 3D Printed and Vintage Series Putters

Anyone find a Stingray slant neck ?

I really really really like the Agera on putts inside 5 feet. Esp for those knee knocker 3 footers. The stability is just so good and gives me crazy high confidence. However, I just don't feel like I'm making any putts outside of that range. That part is kind of frustrating.

I really really really like the Agera on putts inside 5 feet. Esp for those knee knocker 3 footers. The stability is just so good and gives me crazy high confidence. However, I just don't feel like I'm making any putts outside of that range. That part is kind of frustrating.
I hear you - when I rolled the Agera indoors, even on a semi-artificial putting surface, I was struggling to make longer putts. For me I think it was the size/shape - just couldn't get lined up properly or figure out distance control.

Actually, even for the Supernova, I find distance control to be challenging because I'm not 100% used to the feel or roll - for me it almost always takes way less effort then I think to get the ball close to the hole.

I hear you - when I rolled the Agera indoors, even on a semi-artificial putting surface, I was struggling to make longer putts. For me I think it was the size/shape - just couldn't get lined up properly or figure out distance control.

Actually, even for the Supernova, I find distance control to be challenging because I'm not 100% used to the feel or roll - for me it almost always takes way less effort then I think to get the ball close to the hole.

Speed control for me is pretty good with it. I feel like for me I struggle a bit to line it up on longer putts. Maybe I'll see if I can pry the Nova from my dad's bag for next week's league night. But coming from this one, that just feels super light to me.

Speed control for me is pretty good with it. I feel like for me I struggle a bit to line it up on longer putts. Maybe I'll see if I can pry the Nova from my dad's bag for next week's league night. But coming from this one, that just feels super light to me.
I think I thought the center bar would work well as an alignment aid but something just feels a little off looking down at it it terms of lining up my putts.

I’m not sure about the Nova putter but the Supernova feels pretty close to the Agera in terms of weight for me, which maybe makes sense because both of them are the 3D printed models.

That would be frustrating, why do you think that is?

I’ve got a Grandsport-35 I’m testing. My grip looks like it was installed correctly/square. I really dislike Cobra’s color choices, but you can’t see the neon at address. It does look more techy/sharp with the squared shape as opposed to my Anser/Newport style putter. I don’t really have a preference in shape/edges. They both look good to me.

First round with the Grandsport was not great because it took several holes to get used to the weight versus my HB #1 (345 grams). I like the weight of the head because I feel like my current putter isn’t stable enough on shorter putts, but I need to get used to the difference. I ended up hitting several putts too far past the hole and had touchy putts coming back. I had 19 putts on my first 9 and 15 on the second. Normal for me is around 15 per side depending on how many greens I hit (or miss).

I was most interested in the SIK face. I’ve wanted to try a SIK putter, but I wasn’t interested in paying what they want for one. I know it will take more rounds to see if the SIK face makes a difference in scoring, but the first round didn’t result in any obvious advantage over my HB or other putters. I think it is something that would help maybe 1x a round, but would benefit over time when looking at averages. I watched the TXG video on the tech when it hit YouTube, so I know the tech works. I’m just not sure it will actually amount to a scoring difference on the course. Though, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I’ve never used Arccos, as I keep track of stats manually and don’t want to deal with an app while playing golf. But I’ll give it a go since a sensor came with the putter. I’m not sure how much of a pain it will be to add in shots or what it will take to use just the putter sensor.

I was concerned about the putter grip because it looked big in photos and I didn’t dig into the specs to see the size, but it isn’t overly large. Although it’s a different shape, it’s not much bigger than my SS Flatso 1.0 on my HB.

I definitely would not pay $350 for the putter. There is zero about the 3D printing that justifies the cost to me. I don’t see any benefit in the KBS CT Putter shaft either, though I doubt there is much cost difference due to the shaft.

If I were to buy one of Cobra’s new putters I’d lean toward the vintage line because you get the SIK face at $100 less. I like the weight options in that line too, though they are overpriced to me as well. The Vintage with SIK face and weights would have been perfect at a price point under $200.

I’ve got a Grandsport-35 I’m testing. My grip looks like it was installed correctly/square. I really dislike Cobra’s color choices, but you can’t see the neon at address. It does look more techy/sharp with the squared shape as opposed to my Anser/Newport style putter. I don’t really have a preference in shape/edges. They both look good to me.

First round with the Grandsport was not great because it took several holes to get used to the weight versus my HB #1 (345 grams). I like the weight of the head because I feel like my current putter isn’t stable enough on shorter putts, but I need to get used to the difference. I ended up hitting several putts too far past the hole and had touchy putts coming back. I had 19 putts on my first 9 and 15 on the second. Normal for me is around 15 per side depending on how many greens I hit (or miss).

I was most interested in the SIK face. I’ve wanted to try a SIK putter, but I wasn’t interested in paying what they want for one. I know it will take more rounds to see if the SIK face makes a difference in scoring, but the first round didn’t result in any obvious advantage over my HB or other putters. I think it is something that would help maybe 1x a round, but would benefit over time when looking at averages. I watched the TXG video on the tech when it hit YouTube, so I know the tech works. I’m just not sure it will actually amount to a scoring difference on the course. Though, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I’ve never used Arccos, as I keep track of stats manually and don’t want to deal with an app while playing golf. But I’ll give it a go since a sensor came with the putter. I’m not sure how much of a pain it will be to add in shots or what it will take to use just the putter sensor.

I was concerned about the putter grip because it looked big in photos and I didn’t dig into the specs to see the size, but it isn’t overly large. Although it’s a different shape, it’s not much bigger than my SS Flatso 1.0 on my HB.

I definitely would not pay $350 for the putter. There is zero about the 3D printing that justifies the cost to me. I don’t see any benefit in the KBS CT Putter shaft either, though I doubt there is much cost difference due to the shaft.

If I were to buy one of Cobra’s new putters I’d lean toward the vintage line because you get the SIK face at $100 less. I like the weight options in that line too, though they are overpriced to me as well. The Vintage with SIK face and weights would have been perfect at a price point under $200.

i am not a tech person what so ever and the Arccos is super simple. Pretty cool putting data as well

Incoming...

I am definitely intrigued. I really want a supersport armlock and the Vintage series has a few styles I would purchase.

The sik face is super intriguing.

Agera AL ordered and the waiting begins
I preordered it and am still waiting. When I called CS to check on it he said 7/16 before it was back in stock.:(

Tried out a few different models while killing time and Golf Galaxy and wow am I impressed! Never thought I’d consider adding a Cobra putter to the bag. Excellent feel and just felt like I had better contact and accuracy compared to my Scotty. Also felt like I wasn’t getting any that were springing off the face which is an issue with my putter now

Well after a couple atrocious putting rounds (all the putter of course) and a well timed Global Golf 50% bonus trade in on Cobra gear email, I just took delivery of a Grandsport today, just in time for league tonight. Being a Cobra guy it was only a matter of time. First impressions on my indoor green are great. I love the weight and feel (I prefer heavy putters) and the sound was unnoticeable to me (I don't tend to pay attention to those things). I really enjoyed the Sik face and the MOI was great as I was intentionally hitting it off the toe and heel and still got great roll and distance control. I didn't love the cover and I want to puke when I see velcro in there, so luckily one of my SWAG blade covers was just able to squeeze on there and the magnet still was able to lock.

More to come after league tonight

Well after a couple atrocious putting rounds (all the putter of course) and a well timed Global Golf 50% bonus trade in on Cobra gear email, I just took delivery of a Grandsport today, just in time for league tonight. Being a Cobra guy it was only a matter of time. First impressions on my indoor green are great. I love the weight and feel (I prefer heavy putters) and the sound was unnoticeable to me (I don't tend to pay attention to those things). I really enjoyed the Sik face and the MOI was great as I was intentionally hitting it off the toe and heel and still got great roll and distance control. I didn't love the cover and I want to puke when I see velcro in there, so luckily one of my SWAG blade covers was just able to squeeze on there and the magnet still was able to lock.

More to come after league tonight
Even though I went with the Supernova as opposed to the Grandsport, I agree with all of this. I really think they absolutely nailed these putters - I had my best putting performance in pretty much ever during yesterday's round and it wasn't even close. For me at least, I really believe this putter is making a difference in my putting and my score.

That being said, I am starting to really not like the headcover - the velcro looks and feels cheap, and overall I am just not very impressed. If anyone uses a different mallet cover that works and feels like sharing, I'd love to hear about it!

Even though I went with the Supernova as opposed to the Grandsport, I agree with all of this. I really think they absolutely nailed these putters - I had my best putting performance in pretty much ever during yesterday's round and it wasn't even close. For me at least, I really believe this putter is making a difference in my putting and my score.

That being said, I am starting to really not like the headcover - the velcro looks and feels cheap, and overall I am just not very impressed. If anyone uses a different mallet cover that works and feels like sharing, I'd love to hear about it!
I'm very bummed about the velcro too. Seems like such an easy choice to get right. Can't wait to get the SuperNova in my hands.

I'm very bummed about the velcro too. Seems like such an easy choice to get right. Can't wait to get the SuperNova in my hands.
Right? I mean, just look at Odyssey - I may not exactly love their color choices at times, but I feel their headcovers are actually pretty good overall.

Look what I just found on the front porch. I immediately went out to roll a few balls on the closest green to my house (thanks for clearing the course rain shower) and I love the way it rolls. I adjusted it slightly more upright real quick and it is perfect.

20210630_153628.jpg20210630_153619.jpg20210630_153607.jpg

a well timed Global Golf 50% bonus trade in
This got me, too. I unloaded 2 putters I never got along well with for more than I paid for them, in exchange for a Supernova.

This got me, too. I unloaded 2 putters I never got along well with for more than I paid for them, in exchange for a Supernova.

Ha yup, got 160 for a putter I paid 120 for. Bad news, league got rained out tonight. Made a solid 3 foot knee knocker for par on the first hole though before rain came in. So I'd say a solid first outing.

Back