Cobra KING F6 Irons - THP Review Thread

Just picked them up on the way back from a lunch run... I was so tempted to unbox them in the parking lot, but opening a new set of irons is one of those incredible pleasures in life. I will crack a beer and take my time unwrapping them tonight. Looking forward to add some performance notes soon.

They are really really good irons. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a destination wedding over the weekend, so the irons stayed at home, sealed in their box. I unboxed them on Sunday evening with somewhat of a religious reverence. I am getting my first chance to hit them tomorrow, albeit only on a range.

I'm enjoying my G15 irons, but am drawn to alternate sets especially given the F6 quality and the $75/iron price doesn't hurt either.

I'm potentially interested in this set 5-PW with the best Cobra free shaft upgrade for my game. I have yet to demo to confirm this, but expect the DG Pro to compliment this set really well. A little bit of help with the 5 iron launch would certainly be welcome while a lower launch and limited ballooning potential with the 9 and PW would be very helpful as well.

Does anyone play these with TT DG Pro shafts?

One great thing about the G15s is they are quite consistent when clean contact is made. The face is not springy so there are no "super hot" spots. Do you find the F6s offer reasonable distance control?

Regards
Dave

I'm enjoying my G15 irons, but am drawn to alternate sets especially given the F6 quality and the $75/iron price doesn't hurt either.

I'm potentially interested in this set 5-PW with the best Cobra free shaft upgrade for my game. I have yet to demo to confirm this, but expect the DG Pro to compliment this set really well. A little bit of help with the 5 iron launch would certainly be welcome while a lower launch and limited ballooning potential with the 9 and PW would be very helpful as well.

One great thing about the G15s is they are quite consistent when clean contact is made. The face is not springy so there are no "super hot" spots. Do you find the F6s offer reasonable distance control?

Regards
Dave

Sorry, one more thing -- if the F6 tip diameter is 370 then how does it accept shafts such as the DG Pro that are only offered in 355 taper?

Dave

Regards
Dave

I have been playing these with graphite shafts and really enjoy them.
I can't really help much with ur shaft question but I do really like the distance I see. I feel they are pretty consistent and forgiving. It took me a couple months to get my distances down. I don't see any super hot spots that shoot out a longer then expected shots.
The thing I love about these is the progressive tech throughout. The longer irons go far and straight because that is how they are built. However the shorter irons offer a more traditional iron look with added workability. It really is a good set.
Hope that helps!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread on the F6's. I don't do cutting edge golf clubs due to pricing etc. However based on this thread and Jman's review I went and hit these before Christmas against a few other sets.

Living in Ohio Its not exactly the best time of year to hit outside so I was forced into an indoor hitting bay, but I ended up falling in love with these irons. The look, feel and sound all make me feel confident with my swing.

Appreciate all the time and effort the THP writers put into these reviews and just wanted to give my thanks.

Congrats on the new sticks they are an amazing sll around set. Hopefully we can tee it up sometime in 2017!

Enjoy the new code jlew. I love more, just a solid set of clubs

Just picked up a set in a trade, can't wait to reshaft them with some XP95, going to be a fun experiment, especially since it'll eventually be 4-SW!

Just picked up a set in a trade, can't wait to reshaft them with some XP95, going to be a fun experiment, especially since it'll eventually be 4-SW!
You're going to enjoy them. These and the F7 are maybe the best progressive iron sets ever made imo.

You're going to enjoy them. These and the F7 are maybe the best progressive iron sets ever made imo.

You weren't kidding, I obviously hadn't paid enough attention to these previously, the progression is outstanding, the full hollow on the 4 and 5 look awesome, and I'm super impressed from the looks of the GW and SW with the great blade look, and everything between.

Cannot wait to have them reshafted and out to the course, hopefully late next week!

For those of you who may be a release cycle or two behind I wanted to bump this thread up a bit to give a nod to this set of irons.

Still early in the season, for me anyways, but the mild winter here in Ohio has allowed me to get out and play these a handful of times. I've scored better in the first few rounds of this year than I did all of last season. Most of that is from me figuring out my swing a bit more, but I've got to say that I feel much more confident standing over the ball than I have in the past. The look, sound and feel of these club's is fantastic. I've gained some distance on well struck shots and find that even my mishits still fly relatively close to the same general direction and distance.

I know Cobra currently has them on sale through their site and I'm sure you can find them on some other sites for less. If you're in the market and don't want/can't drop the bigger bucks on the new release irons these are definitely worth a look.

I was fitted for my F6 irons about a year and half ago with nippon shafts. I love them and have no interest in other irons.

You weren't kidding buddy!

The progressive nature of this set is great, from the hollow of the 4/5 to the partial in the mids, all the way down to the blade wedges, I haven't had a set this large in my bag in terms of total number of clubs, and besides the 4i I can't see not having all of them in the bag for a while. I've typically had a GW but having a set SW is awesome. The ease of progression from one club to the next is great, even just from an appearance standpoint and feeling like they're all so similar at address.

Coming directly from the C200 and FG Tour F5 even though all are quite different, I really like the overall performance from the F6, for me I find them more forgiving than both, the C200 may be a bit abnormally longer, but as hard as I tried the 4/5 of that set I could never get comfortable with and I think the F6 and I can get a long for a while!

I don't know how to describe it other than being fairly hot off the face with a more piercing trajectory, which even for me as a low ball hitter, I'm seeing a bit longer carry distances. I don't know what it is, but the larger the iron head the less confident I feel, and the F6 as an overall set seem to be right down the middle and good in that regard.

The finish seems to be holding up so far, I don't know long term on that part, but after the few maiden voyage rounds, this year is looking up!

Good thoughts icey. If cobra didn't make the 1 length irons I would have been completely happy playing these again.
They are really fun.

Absolutely loving my F6 irons. Great turf interaction and accurate, feel good as well. They nailed it with these, imo.

Purchased a brand new set of these 6 - GW and 3hybrid plus the 4/5 hybrid, all with the red tie shafts. Sold my CF 16's with recoils 2 weeks ago and since I was down to only one set got these as a fun option. Hit these beauties for the first time at the range today just expecting to have fun with something different. No way did I expect them to perform as good or better than my Ping G with recoils. The Smokey gunmetal finish on these irons look great. The feel and sound that I hear is spectacular. These progressive irons just want to hit high solid shots. The 9 through 6 hit high rockets with good distance. Before all of my recent father time injuries my game would be dangerous with these. I am pretty sure these irons will lead to better scores even with my limitations. The only issue is the wedge and even more so the gap wedge. I can hit my Vokey 56 ninety to 100 yards. Today it was flying farther than the cobra F6 gap wedge. I think the very high flight especially in the Gap wedge and pitching wedge are resulting in some distance loss for me. Need to work more on the wedges before considering strengthening the loft. Other than the wedge issue this set for me delivers Long, high, accurate and great feeling shots. I hate hybrids but the F6 hybrids sound and feel great with amazing results. Same deal high accurate rockets. Selling my CF 16's concerned me but after hitting these no concern whatsoever. My only regret is that I should have played these in 2016 . Cobra F6 irons and hybrids are still worth a look. It is early I get that. Provided however I have been enjoying golf for way more years than those who post here and I am very confident in my view on how the F6 set performs. I will be on the lookout for a matching F6 hollow 5 iron .

Last edited:
Back