Cobra KING F6 Irons - THP Review Thread

Exponentially better launch through the set where most need it (long irons), also much improved ball speeds from the AC's. IMO they are an improvement in pretty much every facet from the AC's, Bio's, and FlyZ's.
Thanks Jman. I figured as much with all of the improvements in technology each year. The launch is a big problem for me especially the 4 iron with the Amp Cells that is one of the reasons I got rid of it and went to a 4 hybrid. I really like the Amp Cells still and not really in the market for new irons but if I were able to swing a new set of irons I would definitely start with these.

After your thoughts, I really kind of want to, just to see what's going on.

Launchy launch launch bombs!

Thanks Jman. I figured as much with all of the improvements in technology each year. The launch is a big problem for me especially the 4 iron with the Amp Cells that is one of the reasons I got rid of it and went to a 4 hybrid. I really like the Amp Cells still and not really in the market for new irons but if I were able to swing a new set of irons I would definitely start with these.

These are definitely unique, really looking forward to people seeing the review and the interview with T.O. that will be within it. Good stuff!

Thanks again Jman for all of your hard work. I enjoyed reading through this and all of your review threads. Keep up the great work dude

I saw these at the local Dick's Sporting Goods tonight and they're basically dead ringers for Speedblades. The demo offering at this DSG's is pathetic so I couldn't hit them :)

Dave

Jman,

From a forgiveness, are the hollow long irons in the same vein as a small headed hybrid (apex or something like that) or are they still very much long irons? I tend to prefer an iron though I should probably be playing a hybrid in the "4" spot and that's what intrigues me most about the progression.

This review should go up next week as I'm buttoning some things up today, I'll also have some thoughts on what I have seen with a move to 130g steel in the heads.

Waiting with baited breath. My set is - hopefully - in the mail but still very curious to see hard numbers. Really looking forward to the QA session with Cobra as well.

Tried to go hit them yesterday, all they had available for demo was graphite in senior flex. ugh. said they had just gotten them in and would be getting the rest of the options on the shelves later that day. Will have to go back next week. Ugh. That being said, I thought they looked just fine in person. Slightly bulky but that's what I expected. Looked just fine at address to me eye. Cant wait to test em out.

Tried to go hit them yesterday, all they had available for demo was graphite in senior flex. ugh. said they had just gotten them in and would be getting the rest of the options on the shelves later that day. Will have to go back next week. Ugh. That being said, I thought they looked just fine in person. Slightly bulky but that's what I expected. Looked just fine at address to me eye. Cant wait to test em out.
I was overall suprised.. This was my first demo of the new 'longer' irons coming out. I couldn't believe when i hit the 185y 6 iron... Just doesn't happen for me.

I was overall suprised.. This was my first demo of the new 'longer' irons coming out. I couldn't believe when i hit the 185y 6 iron... Just doesn't happen for me.

Thats awesome. Love to hear all the positive reviews so far. I was pretty bummed yesterday when I couldnt hit them, but a few days more of a wait wont kill me. I forgot to add that I agree they do look a ton like the speedblades which I like since my eye is used to that look from them and now the RSI. If the performance is better, they will be going in the bag. We'll have to see.

Thats awesome. Love to hear all the positive reviews so far. I was pretty bummed yesterday when I couldnt hit them, but a few days more of a wait wont kill me. I forgot to add that I agree they do look a ton like the speedblades which I like since my eye is used to that look from them and now the RSI. If the performance is better, they will be going in the bag. We'll have to see.

I think Cobra got the feel down for these clubs too. Nice solid feel in my opinion, not squishy, not overall harsh. I tend to have split second reactions to stuff (TM PSI no thank you). These felt good. Definitely could game them no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Cobra got the feel down for these clubs too. Nice solid feel in my opinion, not squishy, not overall harsh. I tend to have split second reactions to stuff (TM PSI no thank you). These felt good. Definitely could game them no problem.

I agree with you there. First hollow body irons since Altitudes that have the right feel too.

I agree with you there. First hollow body irons since Altitudes that have the right feel too.
They nailed it in the hollow and half hollow irons with this set. Hitting them yesterday with the KBS FLTD installed I was curious to see of it carried over from what I found with the stock red tie graphite, and it did.

They just launch so so so well, but beyond that the forgiveness is surprising, I flat out low toed a 7i (half hollow) On a par 3 from 181 yesterday and still got it pin high.

Moreover, the way the feel blends through the set still baffles me a bit. My mind says it should be extremely noticeable (I blame the rocketbladez) but its not at all. It flows like you would hope a progressive set would.

I know people are enamored with the shiny of the Forged tec, but these more than merit a trial.

You of all people should know that feel is over analyzed at this level and used as a validation.

You of all people should know that feel is over analyzed at this level and used as a validation.
Sure it is, 1000%, but it plays a role in the selection of what people are willing to play versus what they hit once or twice and move on so it becomes pretty critical when it comes to something so completely outside the box from what we are used to seeing.

It's sad as hell that a design can have all the performance in the world and simply be pushed aside based on something like sound/feel, there are sooooooo many releases where that happens. I do love seeing someone (an OEM in general) take that bull by the horns and understand that it does need to be addressed too for that sake.

I know that validation instinct and perception will be why the forged tec get the most looks, which is a bummer for a set that flat out performs like these.

Cobra KING F6 Irons - THP Review Thread

had a chance to see these in person today. the look is pretty cool. kinda like a smoked glass look at address. very unique.

they felt crazy light to me. I had my kids so couldn't hit them. I was able to hit a couple small chip shots, and the feel was different. would be curious to hit them. I much preferred the look and feel of the kft I had side by side to these. but I'd still like to give them a run.

On looks alone these are a freaking home run!!!!!!

Dang. Those are the best looking Cobra irons I've ever seen!

had a chance to see these in person today. the look is pretty cool. kinda like a smoked glass look at address. very unique.

they felt crazy light to me. I had my kids so couldn't hit them. I was able to hit a couple small chip shots, and the feel was different. would be curious to hit them. I much preferred the look and feel of the kft I had side by side to these. but I'd still like to give them a run.

First thing (and continued thing) I noticed about the stock Red-Tie graphite setup, they feel REALLY light. Still swing-weight out fine and I had no issues feeling the head in the swing, but going from my PXi CF16's to those and back every shot was crazy feeling.

First thing (and continued thing) I noticed about the stock Red-Tie graphite setup, they feel REALLY light. Still swing-weight out fine and I had no issues feeling the head in the swing, but going from my PXi CF16's to those and back every shot was crazy feeling.

these had steel at pgass. it said "fltd" or something and looked like a kbs label. to be fair, the kft even felt a little light with stock c taper lite 110, so I think it was me more than the clubs. if I didn't have my kids with me I would have taken some swipes with these.

these had steel at pgass. it said "fltd" or something and looked like a kbs label. to be fair, the kft even felt a little light with stock c taper lite 110, so I think it was me more than the clubs. if I didn't have my kids with me I would have taken some swipes with these.

They are a flighted shaft made by FST (parent company of KBS), range from 100g to 110g through the set.

Buttoning up this review at the moment and it's going to be a deeeeeeeeep one, but the amount of tech and innovation imo merits it. Plus, a TO interview is always fun.

Buttoning up this review at the moment and it's going to be a deeeeeeeeep one, but the amount of tech and innovation imo merits it. Plus, a TO interview is always fun.
We need to get together for a round soon, I really really really want to hit these

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We need to get together for a round soon, I really really really want to hit these

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
We get a good weekend, we can meet up in the middle and I'll bring them. No problem.

Back