Cobra KING F6 Irons - THP Review Thread

I am so disapointed right now, it's just not fair. I compared the King F6 irons with the stock red tie graphite shafts to a few other new offerings today. The F6 Kings were just amazing. I hit these so much better than any of the others I tried and tons better than my gamer steel RocketBladez. I rushed home to take advantage of the Rock Bottom 30% off sale then got kicked squarely in the gut. For some reason, these irons in graphite are not listed on their site. I can buy a set of F6 irons in steel and get the discount, I can get the combo hybrid/irons in graphite and get the discount. I can get the discount on the forged Kings in graphite. I can get the discount on the F6, F6+, or King LTD drivers or any of the new cobra fairway woods or hybrids ... but for some effin reason RBG isn't carrying the King F6 irons sets in graphite...crap.

Last edited:
Just got an email from Golfsmith Customer Care that my fitted King F6 irons (4-GW) have shipped from Cobra Golf to the local Golfsmith store. Should be a couple days till I go get them, unwrap and hit them on their range to get an initial flight trajectory and carry distances eval. Then to the golf course. :bananadance: :banana:

I almost want to spend some time with the fitting cart again to see if I can figure out why these didn't work great for me. They intrigue me that much.

I am hanging out for the full report on these :)
Enjoying some of my best ever golf with the xr pro's, but these really have pricked my interest.
particularly if they really do cover the spectrum from 5 handicap to higher end, and are not a super GI iron.
How would you compare to the xr pro's, as I think you also gamed them in the past?

Precisely, not chunky at all. Cookie will vouch for that after seeing them yesterday, others in here have said the same.

FINALLY got the chance to hit these today at a golfsmith up near my parents house. I had really high expectations and hopes for these clubs and they delivered. These are the real deal and have jumped the C200's in my ponder list right now. I hit the 7 iron with the stock graphite and I was 7 yards longer on average then the C200. My peak height was also a good bit higher then the other clulbs. I had a C+ swing with me today but the best 3 swings I had were some awesome looking shots. just a super impressive club. Cannot get these out of my head

I am hanging out for the full report on these :)
Enjoying some of my best ever golf with the xr pro's, but these really have pricked my interest.
particularly if they really do cover the spectrum from 5 handicap to higher end, and are not a super GI iron.
How would you compare to the xr pro's, as I think you also gamed them in the past?

Review should go up early next week I would bet, that way the PGA Show will be completely clear.

The footprint is bigger than the XRP for sure, but not drastically. I urge anyone curious to go find them in hand and look at them, for all the tech that is in them they are a crazy well balanced footprint and overall look.

Some may guffaw at it, but I hit these longer than I did my XRP's, these also gap a touch better for me, which again is impressive given the 4 different iron designs within the set. These truly are just extremely unique beasts IMO, so different from what we have seen year after year its difficult to compare like that.

FINALLY got the chance to hit these today at a golfsmith up near my parents house. I had really high expectations and hopes for these clubs and they delivered. These are the real deal and have jumped the C200's in my ponder list right now. I hit the 7 iron with the stock graphite and I was 7 yards longer on average then the C200. My peak height was also a good bit higher then the other clulbs. I had a C+ swing with me today but the best 3 swings I had were some awesome looking shots. just a super impressive club. Cannot get these out of my head

NICE! This will be a recurring trend with these, I adamantly believe that, some will still flock towards the flash of the CB/MB or Forged Tec, but these are the real weapons in their line this year, IMO.

These kind of remind me of the TM Rocketballz which had their long irons (4 and 5) have a different build and look.

Everyone is giving great feedback on these. I already have the forged tec but I'm still planning on getting in to give these a try and see how they compare. I'll be the first to admit I wrote them off right away but I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Jman would you say these are okay for a 20? Or would the Max be a better bet?

Jman would you say these are okay for a 20? Or would the Max be a better bet?

From the swings I took with these, I would have had no issues playing these back when I was a 20ish cap.

Easier to hit than Z545. About 5 yards longer. Got mine in graphite so ball flight is higher which I like. Looks awesome. Hybrid are also easy to hit, but I think I like the feel of X2hot better.

After two rounds with my new F6 4-GW irons with the King flighted regular steel shaft, 1 deg flat, 1/4" short and golf pride tour wrap 2G white grips with two wraps of tape. I hit 12 greens today, the launch is great, feel is amazing at impact. I couldn't be happier with these new irons already. It's been a L O N G time since I've been this excited about hitting irons a getting back out on the golf course.

Give these irons a test drive. As Tony the Tiger says.................They're Great. :banana: :banana: :blob:

Finally got to hit these outside today. Only was able to hit the 7 iron and PW in steel. I thought they looked great. Definitely slimmer at address than I thought they would be. Slight amount of offset but not nearly as much as a lot of GI irons. I also thought they felt pretty good but realize that feel is a subjective thing. Ballflight was medium high for me, not as high as my RSI's, but still very solid. Distance was almost the same. Also felt very forgiving. One thing I did not like (and its solely personal preference), was the weight of the shaft. I prefer lighter weight steel than these, and its a bit surprising at least to me to see a GI iron with a 100-110 gram stock shaft in a GI iron. If I move any further with these, I will try them out with a lighter weight custom shaft like the NSPro950 or the XP95. Think that would increase distance and height just a bit, which would make them just a bit better for me I think.

Overall I thought they were great. Cobra is definitely right up with there with the big names now in terms of performance. Think/hope they will sell a ton of these.

Have had these back in the bag the last few days to finalize some things for the Tour FLTD review, and man, I really hope things like them putting out commercials for this set and even the GD Hot List help push people to GO HIT THEM. I've now had them in the hands of golfers from 0.8 to 32+ and each has come away surprised.

They don't look like you think they do, and they sure don't feel like you expect them to when you hear things like hollow/half-hollow/etc.

I'll say it now before it goes up, but this review is LONG, that said though I genuinely hope time is taken to digest it all, because there is a LOT going on in this set of irons.

Have had these back in the bag the last few days to finalize some things for the Tour FLTD review, and man, I really hope things like them putting out commercials for this set and even the GD Hot List help push people to GO HIT THEM. I've now had them in the hands of golfers from 0.8 to 32+ and each has come away surprised.

They don't look like you think they do, and they sure don't feel like you expect them to when you hear things like hollow/half-hollow/etc.

I'll say it now before it goes up, but this review is LONG, that said though I genuinely hope time is taken to digest it all, because there is a LOT going on in this set of irons.

Very interested to read it having just hit them. Great set of irons, and miles better than their last few GI irons in my opinion.

Jman -

I've got to admit that I'm a little disappointed that your review set has the graphite shafts. I'm more curious about the stock steel FST flighted shafts and would have valued your comments on those, in particular if the "feel" is similar to KBS.

Will your F6 review comments be based on their pairing with the graphite shafts only, or will you talk about them and the KBS Flighted as well?
The TT DG Pro is a no-cost shaft option. Can you say how you think these irons might fit with that shaft pairing?

Thanks for your insight!

Are we getting closer to seeing the review :)

Are we getting closer to seeing the review :)

It'll be up next week. We had a lot of TREMENDOUS info and videos from the PGA Show go up this week that are definitely worth a look in the meantime!

Jman -

I've got to admit that I'm a little disappointed that your review set has the graphite shafts. I'm more curious about the stock steel FST flighted shafts and would have valued your comments on those, in particular if the "feel" is similar to KBS.

Will your F6 review comments be based on their pairing with the graphite shafts only, or will you talk about them and the KBS Flighted as well?
The TT DG Pro is a no-cost shaft option. Can you say how you think these irons might fit with that shaft pairing?

Thanks for your insight!

Reviews are always based on the stock setup which THP receives in for review. IMO its the way it should be since the vast majority will always pick up a club with the stock setup anyways.

The KBS FLTD will be discussed in that review, without emphasis on the heads I played them in, its all about do they do what they intend to there.

All that said, I am 100% more than happy to answer any Q's you have on the combo in here! Its what I'm here for!

Personally I think the DG Pro's would be a fun setup in these, and I have some X100's of them that will get some play in the heads at some point just to see. The thing though is, in terms of elevating a long iron I don't know that I need a flighted setup with these.

Reviews are always based on the stock setup which THP receives in for review. IMO its the way it should be since the vast majority will always pick up a club with the stock setup anyways.

The KBS FLTD will be discussed in that review, without emphasis on the heads I played them in, its all about do they do what they intend to there.

All that said, I am 100% more than happy to answer any Q's you have on the combo in here! Its what I'm here for!

Personally I think the DG Pro's would be a fun setup in these, and I have some X100's of them that will get some play in the heads at some point just to see. The thing though is, in terms of elevating a long iron I don't know that I need a flighted setup with these.

I'm this close to ordering a set of 4-A with the DG pros in there. Or maybe 4-P. I went back and hit these again at the shop, and it was a better go-round than last time.

Actually went and hit with a 7 iron during the week, and was quite impressed, and will probably go with these.
The problem with just being able to hit the 7, is that I'm sure it does not really show you the benefit of the progressive technology of the rest of the irons.
It'll be up next week. We had a lot of TREMENDOUS info and videos from the PGA Show go up this week that are definitely worth a look in the meantime!

I'm this close to ordering a set of 4-A with the DG pros in there. Or maybe 4-P. I went back and hit these again at the shop, and it was a better go-round than last time.

I won't enable you.

But I won't NOT enable you. HA!

Actually went and hit with a 7 iron during the week, and was quite impressed, and will probably go with these.
The problem with just being able to hit the 7, is that I'm sure it does not really show you the benefit of the progressive technology of the rest of the irons.

You're dead on in that IMO. Ideally, 5i/7i/8i would give you a nice sample of the TECFLO and what it does.

I won't enable you.

But I won't NOT enable you. HA!

You're dead on in that IMO. Ideally, 5i/7i/8i would give you a nice sample of the TECFLO and what it does.

Passive enabling.

I 100% agree - the really great thing about this set is the progression. I LOVE the G irons when I hit a 7 iron, but my enthusiasm wanes when I get to the PW/GW. I actually picked up a set of i25 wedges (which turned into an entire set) to play with the G30s I was playing for a while. I was hitting the chunky UW worse than the smaller profile one. At the same time, I'd love some more help in the long irons.

It's a completely mental issue, but one this set addresses.

Passive enabling.

I 100% agree - the really great thing about this set is the progression. I LOVE the G irons when I hit a 7 iron, but my enthusiasm wanes when I get to the PW/GW. I actually picked up a set of i25 wedges (which turned into an entire set) to play with the G30s I was playing for a while. I was hitting the chunky UW worse than the smaller profile one. At the same time, I'd love some more help in the long irons.

It's a completely mental issue, but one this set addresses.
You know I've said it in here about 100 times and will again, this is progressive on steroids. Literally nothing else on the market like this in that regard.

I tried these clubs yesterday and was very impressed. I currently play the Callaway XRs. These F6 seem to have a less bulky look and a more refined feel, but have the same level of forgiveness. I tried the stock steel stiff and it didn't feel boardy at all. I usually play regulars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back