Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
Sounds like it will be a ball speed machine. Very glad they have a non yellow (not my cup of tea) option available.

PhillyV

#TeamTHP G18'
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
ya that may be their best looking driver they've ever released.

jdtox

Team Paradise Captain
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok have to admit I wasn't a fan when I heard "yellow", but after seeing these pics I think it looks well done. The crown looks fast and I love that they kept the CNC milled face. Being a huge fan of the F8+ I'm a little surprised to see them go to one model but seeing the ability to switch the front and back weights is still there. Can't wait to see these in person

Nappy

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
PBR
I actually enjoy the color scheme. It's pretty unique, but being Cobra I have a feeling more color options will follow.

jdtox

Team Paradise Captain
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
A quick picture of it in hand

When first seeing the pics I thought that front weight was a slider, this picture is helpful. This seems to be modeled more after the F8+ with the front back weights, surprised there is no more draw setting actually.

Molten

Man Down
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Really fun looking driver and I’m a big fan of the yellow. I would need to get fit into this head because I have no idea what shaft would pair well with the head and my swing.

Very intriguing to see the launch and spin characteristics change based on the head choice (might be common but it is the first time I’ve seen it listed like this).

I hope we have another winner here.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
When first seeing the pics I thought that front weight was a slider, this picture is helpful. This seems to be modeled more after the F8+ with the front back weights, surprised there is no more draw setting actually.
You can actually adjust that on the hosel settings and they offer 3 draw options there.

ozzman

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
very high
Love. Can't wait to seeing this thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Really fun looking driver and I’m a big fan of the yellow. I would need to get fit into this head because I have no idea what shaft would pair well with the head and my swing.

Very intriguing to see the launch and spin characteristics change based on the head choice (might be common but it is the first time I’ve seen it listed like this).

I hope we have another winner here.
@Canadan can probably add more as well, but this is something they spoke to us a lot about. Base it on loft, rather than on two models that may have confused some golfers.

obedt

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
One thing for sure, Cobra wants their product to stand out. This will be instantly recognizable on tv. If there was one knock on the F8, it blended in from afar. Would like to see them get even more play on Tour.

I’m anxious to test the 9 degree out. Liking the shaft options, and if the aero and weight placement improvements help me gain club and ball speed this could be a very impressive club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MPlefty

Reaction score
Handicap
I think it looks great, can't wait to try it

jdtox

Team Paradise Captain
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
You can actually adjust that on the hosel settings and they offer 3 draw options there.
I know, I was referring to the weight placement that has been prevalent on previous drivers. I don't think that the hosel setting is the same as extra weight in the head. It doesn't bother me I don't need it but just found it interesting.

mjkladis

"CLETUS"
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Oh yeah. I think I like the Yellow. Dang I can’t wait to try out one of these bad boys!

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Handicap
Glad they kept the SmartPad technology. Also, I'm really liking the look of the fairways.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I know, I was referring to the weight placement that has been prevalent on previous drivers. I don't think that the hosel setting is the same as extra weight in the head. It doesn't bother me I don't need it but just found it interesting.
Gotcha. Yeah, the three weight movements that they had in the previous line has been removed for the launch high or low side of things.

annsguy

Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
This is really nice. I wouldn't usually look twice at a Cobra wood but I think it looks great and if a golf club has "it" this one does. I think the design and use of graphics is perfect. They need to not go crazy and launch this thing in multiple colors. If they do do a color every other month or so to keep the mystery and excitement going.

Molten

Man Down
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
@Canadan can probably add more as well, but this is something they spoke to us a lot about. Base it on loft, rather than on two models that may have confused some golfers.
I think that has a lot of potential. I hope the message catches on and doesn’t confuse people more.

tpluff

I <3 GAWLF
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
This club line looks fast and mean and its amazing what they have been able to hide! Really like the satin black/avalanche scheme better, but the yellow isn't a terrible shade or overdone. Hoping they have Nardo coming back in some capacity later. Love the stock shaft pairings being offered as well.

Also, those fairways look freaking sweet. Going to for sure try out those.

If only Cobra would get the respect their clubs should have the opportunity to get.

2BFAST

Wiener Dog
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending..
Def not a fan of the yellow.....but the white....wow. I REALLY like my F8......look forward to seeing this release.

Note - Can admit Cobra drivers were def not on my radar before I got my F8 but after gaming my F8 I am def a big fan.

obedt

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
I think that has a lot of potential. I hope the message catches on and doesn’t confuse people more.
I like the move. In terms of sku, it’s the same amount for them. But consumers are kind of predisposed to purchasing by loft. I walk up to a tee with a new driver and offer my buddy a chance to swing it, first thing he’s asking is what loft it is. In stores it’s probably similar.

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Wow, the whole like is really great looking and packed with technology.
I hit the F8 really well at the PGATSS, Can't wait to give it a try.

Question I have, is why announce this 2 months before availability?
Seems like all of the "Steam" will be gone by then.
Maybe their tour players will be putting in to play and they had to do.

PapaJohick

#ShortKnockerBombs
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Not a fan of that yellow but the design sounds pretty dang cool.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in