Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

When first seeing the pics I thought that front weight was a slider, this picture is helpful. This seems to be modeled more after the F8+ with the front back weights, surprised there is no more draw setting actually.

I think that draw setting is gone for the sake of the design needing to be more aerodynamic and the CG placements. I won’t miss it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a fan of that yellow but the design sounds pretty dang cool.

There’s a version with white “Avalanche” that replaces the yellow and has a satin black crown. Both look pretty sweet!!

There’s a version with white “Avalanche” that replaces the yellow and has a satin black crown. Both look pretty sweet!!

Yup, and right front and center on the article in the link in the first post : )

Must hit, very cool. That avalanche color looks sick!

Ya really happy about that. Don’t mind colors but yellow just isn’t me haha.

Yup, and right front and center on the article in the link in the first post : )

Very nice looking indeed

Oh I’ve been reading the articles! I was just pointing it out. I should have directed him to the article

Oh I’ve been reading the articles! I was just pointing it out. I should have directed him to the article

I was just giving him a hard time, because of the skimming. All in good fun.

The crown looks really nice. It just screams speed.

The sole looks...busy, especially in the yellow. There's a part of me that feels like it's a throwback to the Fly-Z+ given the weight shape and placement. I'm interested to see what the difference in spin is between the weight in the front compared to the back.

Last edited:
@JB got any more of those in-hand photos?

I was just giving him a hard time, because of the skimming. All in good fun.

Haha no I saw and read it as well. Just mentioning your picture of the yellow :).

I really am intrigued by this one. The f8+ has been great for me overall.

Why is white "avalanche" but yellow is just yellow? They should have a cool name for the yellow as well haha

I really love this picture of it. The lines are beautiful.
f1679fe9cb75e66cf4346df70e064fcc.jpg

That’s a dang good looking driver! I like the FW options as well, definitely a great looking lineup.

That’s a ton of technology packed into a single driver head! They mentioned the new sole design will help transfer energy more efficiently, but I would also think the crown would be somewhat stabilized with the new “crown trips” and also aid in energy transfer. I definitely want to give this driver a shot at some point, I enjoyed the F8+ and the F9 looks like it’s made some serious gains over it.

I really love this picture of it. The lines are beautiful.
f1679fe9cb75e66cf4346df70e064fcc.jpg

Nice! It’s definitely a different shape, but you can really see some of the tech from the homepage article from this angle. It’s an an outside the box offering, which CPG isn’t afraid to release and I like that!

I like it!

Wow that's a fantastic looking driver. With that added carbon in curious how the sound/feel are impacted. That's a whole lot of technology packed in to that driver, I can wait to hear more about the performance.

Looks great! I love that they still offer the "Tour Length " with heavier weights.

Wow such a bold design and aesthetic departure from the F8 line and it looks fantastic! And it sounds like it will be cranking out the ball speed. I like the idea of going with a single driver on this release. Sounds like they really got the design right. Seeing real world performance is going to be a lot of fun.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wow that's a fantastic looking driver. With that added carbon in curious how the sound/feel are impacted. That's a whole lot of technology packed in to that driver, I can wait to hear more about the performance.

@Canadan can speak to this more than most as he hit it for a while and we both kind of liked the sound.

I'll need to see these in hand, but immediately I am not impressed or drawn to it. I'm sure it's packed with tech, but it's not jumping out at me.

One more thought, Cobra increased the price of the driver to $449. I know I have read before that because Cobra didn't price their drivers with the other OEM's that is was possibly seen as an inferior product on showroom floors. Does this change that?

That Yellow looks freaking sweet. Looks like a Lamborghini
Sports car was my first thought from the shaping and the color, especially that contour on the crown.

Back