Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

I really like what I’m seeing here. This driver looks like a performer to me, just exudes power and confidence and forgiveness. Yellow isn’t my favorite so I’m m happy they offer an alternative. It should be interesting to see how sales between the two options go.

A quick note on the Avalanche. Most are viewing it as white, but its actually got a bit of gray to it as well.

Ok I like the yellow, but that black and white one is so sweet looking. The 10.5* tour version sounds like it would be perfect for a lot of people!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

One more thought, Cobra increased the price of the driver to $449. I know I have read before that because Cobra didn't price their drivers with the other OEM's that is was possibly seen as an inferior product on showroom floors. Does this change that?

That's an interesting question and one that I have thought a lot about and studied a lot of the trends on it. For quite some time, PING and Cobra have been in that lower price space, that changes this year and while still a bit less, it won't be competing with previous year models on price in my opinion.

One more thought, Cobra increased the price of the driver to $449. I know I have read before that because Cobra didn't price their drivers with the other OEM's that is was possibly seen as an inferior product on showroom floors. Does this change that?
Wasn't the + line always $449? Maybe a happy medium since they reduced the line to a single driver.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

is the yellow the wrap-around carbon part?

I will admit I have never hit a Cobra driver, but this thing looks great!!! The yellow pops!!!! It looks forgiving.

Well it looks freaking sweet on the top side. Love that carbon fiber look. Have loved the milled face since I got my F8+. The sole design is interesting and I like the adjustable and moveable weights. I probably missed how many cc’s it is compared to the F8 /F8+ models??

I’d assume with the addition of that carbon fiber it sound completely different from the F8 line....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it looks freaking sweet on the top side. Love that carbon fiber look. Have loved the milled face since I got my F8+. The sole design is interesting and I like the adjustable and moveable weights. I probably missed how many cc’s it is compared to the F8 /F8+ models??

I’d assume with the addition of that carbon fiber it sound completely different from the F8 line....

Similar in size.
The sound is not a whole lot different. Still really good in my opinion.

When I first saw the yellow I admit I was not a fan, but the more I look at it the more I like it. The Avalanche color would probably be more to my liking in the long run though. Still a great looking driver no matter what color is is.

Very very interesting and intriguing! First of all I love that they kept the CNC milled face, that is such a great face on the F8+ that I've gamed this year. More speed while keeping the low CG is awesome as well, knowing how geeked out Yags gets when he talks tech I cannot wait to hear his thoughts on this driver! I love the look too, well done!

I love the looks of the driver and the tech sounds amazing. Looking forward to giving this one a go

I like the extra yellow they added to the driver, brings me back to previous year's clubs. Nice looking driver.

The various different angles and looks of the in hand pics definitely have me sold! I'll be getting a very close look at this one when it becomes available!

I always felt like the F8 was a driver built around the face, this looks like it's a complete package though. It will definitely be interesting to see some results!!

When I see that yellow, I think Nike SQ and the yellow shaft

shame that front weight doesn't slide, the red line makes it appear that it does

reminds me a lot of the fly-z+

I think what they mean by wrap around carbon is that the crown kind of wraps lower into the head. Not 100% sure though

I think what they mean by wrap around carbon is that the crown kind of wraps lower into the head. Not 100% sure though

Sort of, yes. The crown is still the crown, however they added more carbon and it wraps around in those two quick in hand shots shown above. More than 10% additional composite material has been added.

Sort of, yes. The crown is still the crown, however they added more carbon and it wraps around in those two quick in hand shots shown above. More than 10% additional composite material has been added.

Much better wording. 10% is a lot though.

About the composite - you've mentioned in other threads where some companies may not prefer it due to not getting the sound quite right, but this is the second release recently where sound with the composite is said to be one of the big pluses.

I really like the shape of this driver a lot. It’s purpose driven and really does look fast.

It’s going to really turn heads on shop floors!

Much better wording. 10% is a lot though.

About the composite - you've mentioned in other threads where some companies may not prefer it due to not getting the sound quite right, but this is the second release recently where sound with the composite is said to be one of the big pluses.

While at PING HQ with the THP Championship, the open question/answer session with Marty Jertson asked him about composite crowns, because they had done one in the past and not using it currently. He said at PING the biggest issue was bonding/glue. That they saw a benefit in light weight crowns, but currently were not using it.

First thought is Nike SQ, simply due to the colors.

Think it looks pretty good (prefer the white to the yellow) and the tech sounds LEGIT.

I'm not a big fan of the white or yellow, but the crown looks really good.

A quick picture of it in hand

b5eb9ec393bbe2e33da79fd5f494a330.jpg
That looks good with the red and yellow.. I like it. Ferrari colors!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back