Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

A little overdue for an update but I was able to play over the holidays on a day that was upper 40s to lower 50's and set a personal best. The driver has been my nemesis club for quite a while but I'm driving it better than ever with my your length F9 driver. Here were my drives:
236 yards (fairway)
218 yards (heel strike - right rough)
258 yards (fairway)
270 yards (fairway)
162 yards (bag low toe strike - left rough)
237 yards (fairway)
207 yards (heel strike - fairway)
205 yards (low on the face - fairway)
244 yards (fairway)
245 yards (fairway)

Not all the drives were great strikes but most were in the fairway and I didn't lose a ball / take any penalties off the tee. I'm working on increasing my clubhead speed but Arccos has shown me that my driving is the weakest area of my game so I'm working on improving that!

Purchased a F9 on sale now that other stuff is coming out. Tour length 9* with Atmos Black 7x (my current driver is a TM R1 with a Fubuki Alpha 70x). I’m super excited for this one to come in and get practicing on the sim with it.

I’m really trying to get more accuracy. I can bomb my R1, but the dispersion isn’t great. Went shorter length and honestly expecting a little more spin than the R1, which necessarily won’t be bad. Below is an image of a usual shot for me now (and yes I really need to fix that inside-out).

4174244f8fb4ea6ddcd6f3b4a6c7738d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Due to playing a new course that was super muddy & wet and a lot of positional holes I ended up taking fairway woods off most tees. This was the one hole I took driver. It was uphill, in to a breeze, and the course was drenched. I'm not a big hitter but I caught this one well and it plugged when it hit. It resulted in my only birdie of the round.
Screenshot_20200120-234901.jpg

Nice

I like the sounds of that . According to Arccos 50% of my drives have missed left.

Keeping that right elbow in/close to body on downswing = no more lefts.

I signed up for a demo day to try this one cannot wait

A little overdue for an update but I was able to play over the holidays on a day that was upper 40s to lower 50's and set a personal best. The driver has been my nemesis club for quite a while but I'm driving it better than ever with my your length F9 driver. Here were my drives:
236 yards (fairway)
218 yards (heel strike - right rough)
258 yards (fairway)
270 yards (fairway)
162 yards (bag low toe strike - left rough)
237 yards (fairway)
207 yards (heel strike - fairway)
205 yards (low on the face - fairway)
244 yards (fairway)
245 yards (fairway)

Not all the drives were great strikes but most were in the fairway and I didn't lose a ball / take any penalties off the tee. I'm working on increasing my clubhead speed but Arccos has shown me that my driving is the weakest area of my game so I'm working on improving that!
Good stuff!

A few of your numbers are close to mine, yet I think with your solid hits you are way farther than me. The only way I would get 258 and 270 would be a rollout with a STRONG wind pushing the ball down a steep hill :cool:

Good stuff!

A few of your numbers are close to mine, yet I think with your solid hits you are way farther than me. The only way I would get 258 and 270 would be a rollout with a STRONG wind pushing the ball down a steep hill :cool:
I just wish they were more consistent. On the range I get through the ball well and hit straight balls and nice draws. On the course I hit a lot of weaker fades. I know it's me trying to hit it too hard and holding on too the club too tight but it's a hard habit to break.

Just destroying the ball with this yesterday, cannot wait to get the SZ Driver and see how they stack up.

I still love my F9! The new Speedzone line is fantastic but I've only had this driver for about 6 months!
She'll be with me a little longer before I decide to part ways.

Just destroying the ball with this yesterday, cannot wait to get the SZ Driver and see how they stack up.
Hopefully this is the week I get to put my shaft in both of the SpeedZone heads and see how they stack up to my F9. I had my best driving day so far with the F9 yesterday. I'm going to try to remember my SC200 launch monitor to get some numbers!

Hopefully this is the week I get to put my shaft in both of the SpeedZone heads and see how they stack up to my F9. I had my best driving day so far with the F9 yesterday. I'm going to try to remember my SC200 launch monitor to get some numbers!
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Purchased a F9 on sale now that other stuff is coming out. Tour length 9* with Atmos Black 7x (my current driver is a TM R1 with a Fubuki Alpha 70x). I’m super excited for this one to come in and get practicing on the sim with it.

I’m really trying to get more accuracy. I can bomb my R1, but the dispersion isn’t great. Went shorter length and honestly expecting a little more spin than the R1, which necessarily won’t be bad. Below is an image of a usual shot for me now (and yes I really need to fix that inside-out).

4174244f8fb4ea6ddcd6f3b4a6c7738d.jpg

Great numbers. I fight the same in to out swing path, fwiw.

Great numbers. I fight the same in to out swing path, fwiw.

My numbers have gotten a bit better with the F9 (that image was with my old TM R1). Swing speed has gone down but overall getting the same distance and more accuracy. Partly I’ve really been focusing on my swing path. Now I just need to correct my steep downswing :)

My numbers have gotten a bit better with the F9 (that image was with my old TM R1). Swing speed has gone down but overall getting the same distance and more accuracy. Partly I’ve really been focusing on my swing path. Now I just need to correct my steep downswing :)

Steep downswing? The AoA says 2.1. A positive 2.1 is almost perfect, I would say. Tour players have a slightly negative AoA with driver and LPGA players tend to be around a positive 4, so I think you are in the sweet spot with your club speed.

Steep downswing? The AoA says 2.1. A positive 2.1 is almost perfect, I would say. Tour players have a slightly negative AoA with driver and LPGA players tend to be around a positive 4, so I think you are in the sweet spot with your club speed.

Not AoA - I tend to come in too steep and and not shallow the club. My swing is too vertical and occasionally I block out. I have the weird “too steep but also inside-out” swing.

My AoA is generally around +2 on driver and -3 on irons.

Speedzone had more distance than this earlier in the week - looking forward to longer term head to head feedback

Speedzone had more distance than this earlier in the week - looking forward to longer term head to head feedback
I still need more testing with my gamer shaft in the SZ and SZ Xtreme. Once I'm cleared to hit shots again that will be my top priority!!

Hit some of my best drives ever yesterday with my F9 (standard) and the super light 49g helium shaft. My buddy says it is "too light", so I remind him of my drives. I try to hit his driver and it feels like swinging a 2x4. :cool:

I picked up a 9* F9 standard length in white with a PX HZRDUS Black 65 in 6.5. $260 and some change shipped was too good of a deal to pass up. I have the heavy weight forward, set at stock/9*, and the SW came from Cobra at D2

I took it out for the first time today and hit it 1 time while playing 9 holes. It was on a par 5 playing ~492 to a back pin from the standard tees. I was using a sub-par ball for me (NXT Tour X-Out) and found the fairway with 193 left to the pin. The flight at the stock setting had almost no curvature which is not typical for me with a driver and I made contact almost dead center across, but low on the face.

The course is a mud pit after 2 days of rain so there was little roll out. It was just one shot, but it showed a ton of potential for the F9 for me. I’m pretty sure I’ve never hit an F9 prior to this, so maybe this sight unseen purchase will actually work out.

I had another solid driving day with my masters F9 and kept the ball in play with it! If I can keep driving the ball this well my scores should drop!!

I had another solid driving day with my masters F9 and kept the ball in play with it! If I can keep driving the ball this well my scores should drop!!
That makes a lot of difference. I know when I started actually getting more fairways my entire game has changed. I don't suck nearly as bad now and hitting second shots from the fairway is really a big plus. I can actually think about making some greens now. :cool:

Back