Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Fairway Woods

Did not hit mine a ton this weekend, but when I did, the tour head did not disappoint. When you connect on the middle of the head, the sound/launch is absolutely mean.

Also got to watch @AMart hit his 3 and 5 wood (regular heads, white 3w, yellow 5w). Maybe some of his best results out of all of his clubs, and you can tell he's excited to hit them every time.

Pink Lady and 3W are fantastic.

57f5c7a3e83ee130a83045e9bebc4e1c.jpg

Pink Lady to the center of a 208 yard Par 3
On Sunday

Great from turf and tee

The rails are an improvement from the F7 I used to game

HZRDUS Shaft if fantastic as a pairing

79ebb1cfa810d518da4290ce4ec333d8.jpg

Solid distance and 63% of fairways I’ll take that all day.

3W

596a9a78210d3e5b399269463185c5a8.jpg

fcd9341fbc4f564ccb332188260aa44a.jpg

This is both a weapon from the tee and deck

The left miss comes into play a bit more than the Pink Lady

Hit the 3 wood twice tonight. Too far on the first one (lol) and hammered on the second one.

Maximum confidence right now with this slot, and I love it! I'm making center contact and feeling rewarded each time I hit it which is awesome. Flight is a labored mid/high when I tee it up, and by that I mean it seems to slowly climb without any significant arc as it barrels down it's path, which is awesome.

Hzrdus Yellow is such a great pairing for me.

Can’t wait to get some range time with my 3 wood, had to send it back to cobra because they sent me yellow instead of the white I ordered, hope they get the white back to me before heading to beach in two weeks.

These fairways continue to impress, especially off the deck. I have pretty much been playing in soggy conditions all season so far. Fairways aren’t even fairways because they can’t cut it too short and the rough is just silly long.

Anyways the rails work and work well as it helps the clubs slide through the mud haha. Yesterday on a 550yd par 5 I was about 270 out in the so called fairway, since my drive only went that far I thought no way I’m getting there with a 3w. Our group was up next to the green so I thought I’m not going to be that guy that waits for the green to clear and then hits a crappy shot. I flushed one so good and still thought it wasn’t getting there I was looking for it about 30 yds short when we drove up and the guys in front of us told me it was next to the green! I had to apologize I couldn’t believe it and explained what the situation was. I almost shipped in for eagle and had a gimme birdie that ended up being a skin!

That was probably an anomaly but still pretty awesome and just shows how well the rails work I think. Off the tee I tend to get a little more spin, not sure if that makes a ton of sense but I haven’t hit it quite that far off a tee. It does however keep me in the fairway a lot of the time. This pairing with the Tensei CK blue is a good one for me.

Should have the F9 3 wood next week. Been playing the F8 3 wood since it came out, love the club & its performance. Wanted to try this new F9. The F8 has a regular shaft & occasionally hit a fade, so I went with the senior shaft in the F9 to see if my slowing with age SS will produce more straight results.

The 3W shines for me off the tee - the #PinkLady is my deck club - but off the tee woohee - it’s challenging me where I don’t know about the 4i and I could take the 3W out and put my beloved Thriver in and the bag setup wouldn’t miss a beat

3 rounds with the new F9 3 wood. 14.5* loft with the UST Mamiya Helium F2 shaft @ 49 grams. Long, mid flight and a great impact feel with the new titanium face.

Improvement across the board compared to the F8 3 wood.

3 rounds with the new F9 3 wood. 14.5* loft with the UST Mamiya Helium F2 shaft @ 49 grams. Long, mid flight and a great impact feel with the new titanium face.

Improvement across the board compared to the F8 3 wood.

What piece of tech is the most improved from the F8 for you

I had the F7 and the rails are night and day

#cncmilledface

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Main improvement is the face of the F9 3 wood. It's now precision CNC milled. The ball jumps off the face. F8 on top, F9 milled face on the bottom.

6%2013%2019%20fairway%20woods%20d_zpslfgrqn7y.jpg

2nd is not an improvement over the F8 but important to me, the different shaft in the new F9 3 wood. The F8 3 wood has the black Tensei CK 60gm R flex where the new F9 3 wood has a UST Mamiya Helium F2 49gm shaft that is a lower flighted result, me likey.

6%2013%2019%20fairway%20woods%20b_zps31panybf.jpg

6%2013%2019%20fairway%20woods%20a_zpsyidwa0i0.jpg

F9 3 wood on the left.

6%2013%2019%20fairway%20woods%20c_zpsp7cfmruu.jpg

I have an F8+ 3-4 fairway wood. I went and tried the f9 3-4 and while good feeling, I didn't hit it any better than my f8+. The fitter/cobra rep/ friend of mine told me; "you see that speedback? The red thing? That tricks the Foresight into another mile an hour or two. Ping does it as well." Just thought it was a funny experience I had to share with you guys.

I have an F8+ 3-4 fairway wood. I went and tried the f9 3-4 and while good feeling, I didn't hit it any better than my f8+. The fitter/cobra rep/ friend of mine told me; "you see that speedback? The red thing? That tricks the Foresight into another mile an hour or two. Ping does it as well." Just thought it was a funny experience I had to share with you guys.

So the guy told you the colored weight tricks the launch monitor into putting out faster numbers? That makes zero sense to me

So the guy told you the colored weight tricks the launch monitor into putting out faster numbers? That makes zero sense to me

I’ve had my drivers on multiple LM not just Flightscope/GC2/Trackman

All three my F9 was faster than Epic on Trackman GC and faster than G400 on Flightscope

Haven’t measured the heads (F8 to F9) on a scale but F9 feels lighter than F8 when in hand

Funny. I got the same ballspeed numbers with the F9 on Foresight and Trackman, and right about the same as every other wood I've hit recently.

Par 5 525, drive 280, 2nd shot F9 3/4 244.8 and left it 4 inches from cup for eagle. Best shot of the round Hole #1 Par 4 265 straight downhill 80 ft drop off, F9 4 iron to 10 inch for eagle. Shot a -1 on the front 2 over on back for +1. Best round I have played in a long time. Also got to witness 2 hole in ones both with the Avx.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Although I have given up on the F9 driver, I'm still gaming the 3w. I hit it 3 times on the course yesterday 2 from the tee and once from the fairway on a par 5) and loved the results. This fairway wood is so easy to hit and stupid long. Both tee shots were in the fairway and well past my playing partner's drives. And the fairway shot was from 255 in to a stiff breeze and was pin high in the left rough.

I have mine set at 16* and it has a GD Tour AD BB 7X shaft in it. My fairway woods are probably the slots in the bag I change the least. Once I get comfortable with them, it takes one heck of a club to dethrone the gamer. Honestly, this F9 3/4w has done it and is here to stay.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Swing has gone to sh!t

But I will still review and post highlights

Too bad cobra connect can’t show the the snap hooks from these

654c5016784f36ccc6c7a0396c3669bf.jpg

Had this one from Saturday

5W off the deck uphill pin high result

This F9 14.5* 3 wood is a beast. Par 5 15th hole. Hit the 3 wood to stay short of the bunkers, hit it 206 yds between the bunkers I was trying to stay short of. The previous F8 14.5* 3 wood was always short of those bunkers
Love the F9 as well as the impact feel & low draw flight.

Last edited:
Par 5 525, drive 280, 2nd shot F9 3/4 244.8 and left it 4 inches from cup for eagle. Best shot of the round Hole #1 Par 4 265 straight downhill 80 ft drop off, F9 4 iron to 10 inch for eagle. Shot a -1 on the front 2 over on back for +1. Best round I have played in a long time. Also got to witness 2 hole in ones both with the Avx.

Two eagles in the same round and witness to two holes in one... that is some kind of outlier round for the record books!

Two eagles in the same round and witness to two holes in one... that is some kind of outlier round for the record books!
Best part was it was a 2 day tournament so drinks were free both days. Lol

These fairway woods continue to be the easiest I've got and I'm getting crazy distances with them. I'm frequently taking 3 wood off the tee and not giving up much distance yet hitting much more accurately. This was to start my round:

6cb05d236a4befad3ba1e566d739845c.jpg

I pulled 3 wood here to stay short of the bunker in the middle and flew it just left of the bunker.. These go far!!
52fd9218cd50ca6e8fa74e188945afbc.jpg

Later in the round I pushed my driver out right on a par 5 and had 215 in from the rough. I took the 7 wood and hit it just short of the front of the green. I normally do not hit a fairway wood out of the rough but I have so much confidence with these!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Tour 3w has been an absolute MONSTER for me. I think only one bad swing out of it this weekend, and the rest were hammers. Not big for launch with the HZRDUS yellow 75x in it, which is perfect for what I want. Now that our fairways are bouncing, it's quickly becoming a tee option with crazy range on it.

After chatting with my neighbor about fairway woods, and him trying it, he immediately went out and bought one for himself haha! Loves it. The sound, the flight, all of it.

I recently put 3,5,7 woods in my bag and today was epic. I hit my 5 & 7 woods so good, excited

Back