Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Irons

Posting this from the home page thoughts;

Explode.jpg

SO...MUCH..STUFF..

These look really good! I'm curious what tweaks they made specific to the OL version. From the F7 to F8, they worked a lot on trajectory, in both long and shorter clubs, and changed the lie angles. I wonder how close to perfection they think they are with OL.

the one pic i saw from address and while not knowing what iron it was, the offset didn't look too bad.

It is a 7 iron.

any offset numbers floating around regarding the set.

3.2 in the 7 iron and goes all the way down to 1 in the GW
4, 5, 6 range from 5 to 3.8

All done in mm.

I will be looking at new irons for 2019 and these will be on my list. The only thing I'm not liking at the moment is the w i d e sole. Hoping that's it's only a camera illusion.

3.2 in the 7 iron and goes all the way down to 1 in the GW
4, 5, 6 range from 5 to 3.8

All done in mm.

thanks JB

I actually have had some luck with the KBS 90s in some Adams CB3, 4-5 years ago, so would be interesting to hit them in these.

It looks like these irons have a "Hump" at the bottom like the Exotics EXS Irons.
I assume that is to get the weight lower than the contact point.
supposed to be for turf interaction, makes it feel smaller through ground impact, and will have a sort of V-sole effect (think Hogan)

it looks a little boxy from behind, but I love that they are manipulating the shape to force more tungsten, in order to help make a bit more of a stable head. I get the idea that these are going to launch pretty damn high. I'd kind of like to see them in the One length option because with it being the 3rd line of the F# series, I'd like to see how much has changed and what lessons or tweaks they have done in terms of performance.

Does the OL set have variable lie angles or did they go back to 62.5 for everything? Is there an explanation for why they moved from static on Forged/F7 to variable with FTB/F8? That's the one thing I've never really found an answer to.

Does the OL set have variable lie angles or did they go back to 62.5 for everything? Is there an explanation for why they moved from static on Forged/F7 to variable with FTB/F8? That's the one thing I've never really found an answer to.

Yes, there are different lie angles for the F9 OL set.

From what I can recall, it was changed because of how people swing an OL iron (please someone correct me if I am wrong).
Lower lofted irons are more upright because players usually swing harder with that club which caused the shaft to bow and bring the toe down more.
High lofted irons/wedges are flatter because they aren't swung as hard which helps reduce overdrawing the ball.

I think the look is really interesting. It seems like most companies are paying more attention to what I call the PGI (Posh Game Improvement) category. I hope this sweeps in and takes advantage of that fact, because I think the technology is right up there with the best of them especially with the One Length option.

Yes, there are different lie angles for the F9 OL set.

From what I can recall, it was changed because of how people swing an OL iron (please someone correct me if I am wrong).
Lower lofted irons are more upright because players usually swing harder with that club which caused the shaft to bow and bring the toe down more.
High lofted irons/wedges are flatter because they aren't swung as hard which helps reduce overdrawing the ball.

Awesome thank you. I appreciate the explanation of physical changes due to swinging harder/softer. If someone playing OL could get to a point where they aren't swinging harder with the lower clubs, do you think it would make sense to go back to one lie angle? It seems like that would be the best way to be swinging the club, but then you wouldn't want to have the club fighting against you. Just fun for me to think about all the different aspects of swings and how OL fits in and impacts that.

Awesome thank you. I appreciate the explanation of physical changes due to swinging harder/softer. If someone playing OL could get to a point where they aren't swinging harder with the lower clubs, do you think it would make sense to go back to one lie angle? It seems like that would be the best way to be swinging the club, but then you wouldn't want to have the club fighting against you. Just fun for me to think about all the different aspects of swings and how OL fits in and impacts that.

Actually, I think it's a combination of the swing and head weight that makes the variable lie angle work.
The "longer" irons have a heavier head to account for the shorter shaft while the wedges have a lighter head to account for the added length.
That heavier head will also make the shaft bow down during the swing.

Those are nice looking irons. So if you get a one length iron what is the length a 7 iron? Sorry for the newb question on that. That is a great price with the cobra connect that would be hard not to look at if shopping fo r new irons.

Those are nice looking irons. So if you get a one length iron what is the length a 7 iron? Sorry for the newb question on that. That is a great price with the cobra connect that would be hard not to look at if shopping fo r new irons.

Going off memory here, but I believe 37.5

Going off memory here, but I believe 37.5

That's the length with Cobra Connect, and 37.25 without. So it kind of plays like 37.25 I suppose. @Doubleb you can hit mine next time out if you want to test

Glad cobra still thinks outside of the box but these look like a carpenters hammer IMO. Sorry

Their on to something with the tech just not the looks. I’m not a cobra hater I play cobra max and F7 OL. I will have to try these to see how they compare.

That's the length with Cobra Connect, and 37.25 without. So it kind of plays like 37.25 I suppose. @Doubleb you can hit mine next time out if you want to test

I will take you up on that thanks phoffer!

THese will head into play tomorrow as I play the OL version again with two THPers (and my golfing partner) and see how it works out.

THese will head into play tomorrow as I play the OL version again with two THPers (and my golfing partner) and see how it works out.

What's the setup you will be gaming? 5-PW?

Could you get a picture at address? If I missed it I apologize.

Back