Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Irons

Played two rounds with the g410's.... Boy I sure do miss my F9's : (

Mikey P;n8902573 said:
Played two rounds with the g410's.... Boy I sure do miss my F9's : (

Why did you change go the pings?

So, when I hit these at 75% I think that is maximizing performance for my game and achieving what I would expect from them.

The face is hot and these can definitely give you distance, from the 4i up through the GW the ball will go and go far. Of course it's that fine line between distance and accuracy.

The below is a GW shot for me 131 yards, was about 10 yards past the pin. The approach here is uphill about a club distance, it was in the 60s and the ball I was using is a typically a club shorter than my gamer. These definitely don't have a problem getting the distance for you.

9.9.19 5i Hole 13.GIF

This hole is all downhill all the way, green is almost like an island, if you miss the green getting up and down is pretty difficult as the lines don't afford you much. 75% 8i, left me 15 ft for the birdie putt.

9.11.19 F9 8i Hole 7.GIF

Still a big fan of these irons, definitely recommend them for most golfers.

Attachments

• 9.11.19 F9 GW Hole 2.GIF
    9.11.19 F9 GW Hole 2.GIF
    455.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 9.9.19 9i Hole 16.GIF
    9.9.19 9i Hole 16.GIF
    494.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 9.9.19 5i Hole 13.GIF
    9.9.19 5i Hole 13.GIF
    429.4 KB · Views: 8
OITW;n8905953 said:
So, when I hit these at 75% I think that is maximizing performance for my game and achieving what I would expect from them.

The face is hot and these can definitely give you distance, from the 4i up through the GW the ball will go and go far. Of course it's that fine line between distance and accuracy.

The below is a GW shot for me 131 yards, was about 10 yards past the pin. The approach here is uphill about a club distance, it was in the 60s and the ball I was using is a typically a club shorter than my gamer. These definitely don't have a problem getting the distance for you.

This is a great example of the 75% 9i playing half a club uphill, almost made an Ace, nice draw into the green. Rolled out a bit, but this green has tiers so worked in my favor, nice kick in birdie

This is where the distance comes in, this hole plays down hill a club, but this was a 75% 5i - it's pretty tight through the chute with cars and a tee box right so definitely don't want to miss there!

This hole is all downhill all the way, green is almost like an island, if you miss the green getting up and down is pretty difficult as the lines don't afford you much. 75% 8i, left me 15 ft for the birdie putt.

Still a big fan of these irons, definitely recommend them for most golfers.

Great update. You surely get a lot out of them.

Had a lesson this am - first 9 holes of my round today - these were clicking saw some great distance/control and workability flighting down and up

These were great - couldn’t sustain it for 18 but definitely something to build on and made me very happy to have these in the bag

Finally got hold of a left hand one length 4i to play with.

It'll be strange playing a one length when the rest of the set is standard but I've been keen to try one out for a while so can't wait to test it on the range.

It'll be strange playing a one length when the rest of the set is standard but I've been keen to try one out for a while so can't wait to test it on the range.

good luck, looking forward to your thoughts

Looking forward to your report.

I enjoyed these this past season.

Curious to see how this experiment turns out for you. OL is something I'm looking at hard for next year.

Curious to see how this experiment turns out for you. OL is something I'm looking at hard for next year.
Personally, I think a one length or two length set up would work really well for you. After playing them for about 6 months, I found that they really promote and reward a consistent swing. You have plenty of distance to avoid 4-9 gaping issues. I would, however, suggest that you try a few shafts first, including something out of the TrueTemper AMT line. If I went back to OL in the future, I would definitely have the wedges shortened, and perhaps even the 9 iron.

Personally, I think a one length or two length set up would work really well for you. After playing them for about 6 months, I found that they really promote and reward a consistent swing. You have plenty of distance to avoid 4-9 gaping issues. I would, however, suggest that you try a few shafts first, including something out of the TrueTemper AMT line. If I went back to OL in the future, I would definitely have the wedges shortened, and perhaps even the 9 iron.

I think if I rolled with it next year it would be a two length setup

4/5i -9i then PW -58/60* same length

Keep variable in Woods.

Unfortunately I've only got to the range one since picking it up. Hoping to use it this weekend so will feedback more after then, but I liked it after the first go. Easy to hit and launches well both off the mat and from a tee.

I think if I rolled with it next year it would be a two length setup

4/5i -9i then PW -58/60* same length

Keep variable in Woods.
I went 3H-9 and then all VL wedges. It's really hard for your brain to accept the loft of a wedge at the end of a 7 iron length shaft.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If you are a fan of these irons, and are not following our Facebook Page, do so now, so you dont miss this, this week.

View attachment IMG_0380.MP4

If you are a fan of these irons, and are not following our Facebook Page, do so now, so you dont miss this, this week.

View attachment 8913490

Bump for the evening crowd

Bump for the evening crowd
Well bumped sir. These are killer irons that perform and sounds awesome. the 4 iron is still in the bag (many have tried to unseat it)

Well bumped sir. These are killer irons that perform and sounds awesome. the 4 iron is still in the bag (many have tried to unseat it)

can’t see anything (hybrid/fwy) hybrid iron unseating the Hammer for a few years

can’t see anything (hybrid/fwy) hybrid iron unseating the Hammer for a few years
It is a fairway machine and comes in handy on punch out shots too. I love watching its ball flight on a windy day

View attachment 8913490

It is up right now.

It is up right now.

hope people jump on these, very underrated- if I didn’t already have a set I’d be throwing down hard on them

hope people jump on these, very underrated- if I didn’t already have a set I’d be throwing down hard on them

Thanks for sharing the contest.

I could definitely see the benefit of trying these for me. Having a more consistent length across the board, grooving one swing. I have been thinking more and more of jumping to the one length, just don't see me laying out the cash for a set right now.

Put your entry in for these irons people, they are fantastic. If I did not already have a set, I would be all over this. I think 4 and 5 irons from this set may be the easiest to hit in golf right now.

Thanks for sharing the contest.

Done! Thanks for the heads up.

Got another session in with the 4i yesterday and love it so far. Definitely need to give the swing a little more to get the required launch off the mat, but that's how I like to swing anyway. The extra weight feels good shots were consistent with my 7i on the day.

Back