Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

Boom

Double Boom

Plus it came with a free Cobra King LTD fitted hat because I ordered it on Father's Day. Triple Boom?

Pic of hat?

Its the blue hat in the background of the Hzdrus pic. sorry it's a bit blurry

Nice. I was hoping it was one of the evasive black King hats that aren't for sale anywhere. They were wearing them at the PGA show and I would buy one in a heartbeat

That ltd is sweet.

Nice. I was hoping it was one of the evasive black King hats that aren't for sale anywhere. They were wearing them at the PGA show and I would buy one in a heartbeat
No, but it is a really nice hat. It is flex fit and low profile. Fits my tiny head just perfect. It is hard for me to find hats that fit really well and look good.

No, but it is a really nice hat. It is flex fit and low profile. Fits my tiny head just perfect. It is hard for me to find hats that fit really well and look good.

This is useful information. #SmallHeadProblems.

I went to the range during lunch for the King's maiden voyage. I couldn't stay long because it was so hot and humid and I had to go back to work. It took a few swings to get back used to a driver shaft in the 60 gram range. But after a few swings I hit some nice shots. I feel like I have a little added lateral forgiveness compared to my old Big Bertha Alpha. I thought I would like it at 7.5° but I moved it up to 8.5° and it was more consistent. I still want to get it on a launch monitor and with real balls and my usual tee (I hate those fat rubber tees that go with range mats) and when my back is not stiff. I also liked the sound. It was a nice crack.

I took the King LTD Pro out for the maiden voyage on Friday and, well, I didn't really pick the best course for driving as I hit hybrid off the tee playing from the tips on as many holes as I did driver. I finally got to pull the big stick on hole 8 and just murdered a little baby cut just shy of 3 hundo into the wind with a group that was letting me play through watching. The feel was amazing. I only hit driver 6 times. It was pretty accurate and straighter than I have been used to. I need to aim more for the middle of the fairway instead of the left edge and playing for the fade.

I was finally able to get to the range that I can see the landing area today. I tried a couple tee heights and I found that I like the taller tee. That combined with the King LTD Pro set at 7.5 gets me the launch that I am looking for and when I make contact a little above center of the face, it goes DEEP. There are two fully grown oak trees at the back of the range at about 275 yards and I flew over the them a few times and hit into them many times. I really like this head combined with the Hzardus black shaft. It is lighter than my old shaft in my Bertha Alpha and I can tell that I get more speed. But the thing that is slightly surprising is that I think I hit this a little straighter and with more control. I'm playing at a much more driver friendly course tomorrow so I'm looking forward to see how I do with it.

War Eagle from my iPhone

Got a chance to borrow a King LTD for the next week as I curious if I can find a better option. Took it out to the course tonight and my initial thoughts are positive. I really enjoy how easy it is to hit the center of the face. Felt good at impact. I'm going to need to play a little with the settings but was straight as an arrow. Need to get more distance so I'll likely loft up in additional rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cobra LTD driver is arriving tomorrow and to say I am excited isn't even close. Looking forward to getting it out to the range ASAP!

My Cobra LTD driver is arriving tomorrow and to say I am excited isn't even close. Looking forward to getting it out to the range ASAP!

Looking forward to your thoughts mmaynard.

Dude what took you so long????
I am sure you'll LOVE it!
:rockon::joy:

Looking forward to your thoughts mmaynard.
It's been fun seeing my bag transform. The F6's are so fun and after reading about the LTD I expect more of the same.

Dude what took you so long????
I am sure you'll LOVE it!
:rockon::joy:

Well hopefully good things come to those who wait. Maybe my tee game will be transformed.

King LTD had me hit every fairway the other day except one and that was a couple inches off the fairway. Love the forgiveness and the ball launches so easily for me.

Love that it's working so well for you Girard, its a heck of a driver.

Entered the Uganda Amateur Open a few weeks ago and on the Thursday evening there was the long driving competition. 2 balls each on 18, longest wins.
I was the only hope for my club, the home club and I knew I had to win!
Strong head wind and I belted my R1 with a high fade and it dropped just before the green and sat. Huge cheer gave me the good news and I won!
ce8e30c6e17d85094bf0d0306caf7605.jpg

618b6d3c688fb2b5c92f5c9c850304cc.jpg

Won a Cobra King Ltd and a mobile phone.
3e91df9f2ba546552e4705e200d3ce67.jpg

Sold the phone but kept the driver and I'm glad I did. It's night and day over the R1. Not so much in distance, it's a little longer but much longer when I really catch it. It's longer due to the lower ball flight. I don't know why but I was always ballooning the R1.
The best thing is that I hit this club so straight so I now feel more confident and it puts me in great positions to attack with my second shot.
All in all a great club that has brought a level of accuracy that was lacking before. Highly recommend this one.

Entered the Uganda Amateur Open a few weeks ago and on the Thursday evening there was the long driving competition. 2 balls each on 18, longest wins.

Won a Cobra King Ltd and a mobile phone.

Congrats!! Great shot!!

So before yesterday I was happy with this driver as it was significantly straighter than my R1 but I wasn't seeing any difference in length.
Well yesterday I squashed that theory!
Hole 1 I smashed it so that I was hitting sand wedge into a par 5!
Hole 2 was a little left but very long.
Hole 7 I went over the trees of the dogleg and onto the green!
accaea9dd3d3431c11b4b37e184ed05f.jpg

09e57bf341151ed906a13767ac0339c2.jpg

About 370 yards!
Then on 8 again a monster to about 140 from the green.
0e9018aa17c8cf45cef2d73a04d6e317.jpg

2eb63aa7f2dcfbd6a2e324572b503cee.jpg

So yeah! Hit some beautiful long straight monsters which is very reassuring.

Congrats, the LTD is a beast.

I have a strongly positive angle of attack (3.7* last time I was on Trackman).

Any theories on whether the lower COG is likely to be a help or hindrance?

I'd like to bring launch and spin down a hair from my GBB.

I have a strongly positive angle of attack (3.7* last time I was on Trackman).

Any theories on whether the lower COG is likely to be a help or hindrance?

I'd like to bring launch and spin down a hair from my GBB.

I have a fairly positive AoA and I find that I can really smash it! I mean it depends on the club speed of course, but I didn't find it to be too low-spinning to hurt.

I actually sold the King LTD to grab a 917D2, and I think I'm going back.

On another note, I'm about to order the new King LTD black...has anyone had any chance to look at the new finish? I'm not usually into matte heads, but my god it looks great with the carbon fibre finish!

Cobra King LTD

Cobra King LTD

Seeing the prices on t he LTD's I'm thinking of picking one up. As a high spin, high launch player the LTD from what I've researched might be the ticket and since the Rouge Black is a good fit they look even better. I've fought the spin issue all my life and at 68 its not going to change.
My current X16 just is too spinny and i'm trying to avoid the Epic hype and price (in true GEA fashion). LOL
SOOO whats the take on the LTD's?

merged with a large thread on the this driver.

Back