Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

Brutal first swing with the LTD today, followed by BOMBS!!!

Hit it a total of seven times, and absolutely piped six of them. Dispersion was tight, really limited draw, and solid distance with the wind AND against it which is huge for me.

Gamer!!!

Hit it a total of seven times, and absolutely piped six of them. Dispersion was tight, really limited draw, and solid distance with the wind AND against it which is huge for me.

Gamer!!!

Found a spot in the bag for this one?!

Gamer!!!

I know what it's done for me so I can only imagine how it performs for someone who actually knows what they are doing

Here's my current dispersion on the LTD.

11f0bc83706a19428ec03d36dcdd0ec6.jpg

Some might argue that's imperfect but for me it's a great location. I think I'm cutting just a touch of spin off, and out there I can trap the face a bit without dealing with too much draw on my in-out swing.

This might be some of the tightest dispersion I've had on a driver in quite some time. I love the entire profile and I'm absolutely hammering it right now.

I'd kill to have my contact right there. When I do get it in that area, results are very good. Right now, I'm spending too much time more heel-side, center with the LTD. No doubt I'm not getting everything out of it, yet.

Played the LTD for most of 36 holes on Sunday, and had my best results with it, yet (save for one oddity). Made a couple of adjustments to my setup and swing, so now getting a decently high flight with the loft at 9.5 or 10.5. This club loves contact just above "center", and has a slightly different sound in that spot (by different, I mean good). I'll continue to give credit to a shaft change in helping me get this working better for me.

Oddity: Was playing in lots of wind, yesterday. Playing a hole downwind. Tee-it-high-and-let-it-fly, right? I feel like I hit it really well. Launched out there, climbing up, with me asking it to ride the wind. It didn't. It looked like it fell out of the sky, and was only a couple of yards forward of it's mark. I couldn't figure out if I just didn't have enough spin on it, or too much spin. The guy I was playing with looked at me and asked me what happened to the ball - that's a few odd ball flights I've seen, so far, but I'm happy that I'm starting to see some better results.

Some might argue that's imperfect but for me it's a great location. I think I'm cutting just a touch of spin off, and out there I can trap the face a bit without dealing with too much draw on my in-out swing.

This might be some of the tightest dispersion I've had on a driver in quite some time. I love the entire profile and I'm absolutely hammering it right now.

I'm getting the same thing but a little more center, which is not normal for me. I credit the HZRDUS Black. Even bad swings are finding the center of the face. Very new to me. I tend to find those ball marks scattered from the center to the toe. And higher up. But since I've started playing this combo, it's been nothing but goodness.

Played the LTD for most of 36 holes on Sunday, and had my best results with it, yet (save for one oddity). Made a couple of adjustments to my setup and swing, so now getting a decently high flight with the loft at 9.5 or 10.5. This club loves contact just above "center", and has a slightly different sound in that spot (by different, I mean good). I'll continue to give credit to a shaft change in helping me get this working better for me.

Oddity: Was playing in lots of wind, yesterday. Playing a hole downwind. Tee-it-high-and-let-it-fly, right? I feel like I hit it really well. Launched out there, climbing up, with me asking it to ride the wind. It didn't. It looked like it fell out of the sky, and was only a couple of yards forward of it's mark. I couldn't figure out if I just didn't have enough spin on it, or too much spin. The guy I was playing with looked at me and asked me what happened to the ball - that's a few odd ball flights I've seen, so far, but I'm happy that I'm starting to see some better results.

I was playing in huge winds Sunday. I was shocked at how well the ball held its line and even balls into 30mph got out there close to where I normally get. My club gets windy a lot and I'm a high ball player and it usually eats me up. Just another feel good moment with this driver.

I was playing in huge winds Sunday. I was shocked at how well the ball held its line and even balls into 30mph got out there close to where I normally get. My club gets windy a lot and I'm a high ball player and it usually eats me up. Just another feel good moment with this driver.

Sorry, missed giving a response... I had perfectly acceptable results when hitting into the wind, last weekend. I didn't notice any ballooning, and I was able to hit a lower draw on a couple of occasions directly into the teeth of the wind - I think that really helped my results on those two drives. I tried to hit one ball into the wind as a low-fade (hole played left-to-right as well), but ended up with a straight-pull; obviously, not the clubs fault.

I'm bummed about the weather, right now, because it might keep me from getting some more work in with the LTD.

Oh, and I think I'll be changing grips... Currently have a mid-size on there, but want to go back to standard and hopefully free-up my hands releasing just a bit more.

After playing the JGR the past few times out I'm going to put this back in the back for a bit. I've struggled with this club at getting the height that I want at 10.5 so I'm going to bump it up to 11.5 and see how it goes. Hopefully it warms up soon so I can give it a go.

I put the stock Rogue back in for today's round so I could go a little easier on the swing (mentally anyway). After settling in and remembering that swinging hard is not swinging fast I got some really good results. It required a pretty effortless swing and reminded me of the old red tie in the bio cell plus. Hit it all over the face and got pretty good results only missing one fairway after hole 8 (when I got rid of the mental block).

Says a lot to me about the forgiveness in this one.

Well...got the LTD out today shafted with HZRDUS Black. Oh MY. Once I got it figured out, beautiful mid/low-mid launch, low spin straight flight monster for me today. The sound on well struck balls I would liken to a home run crack of a baseball bat. Really not a sound I'm used to out of a driver but at no time was I like, "yuck", probably due to the fact that I associated it with something so familiar immediately. Cannot wait to get back to full strength and get this thing dialed in. Probably going to raise the loft to 10.5 for the time being to help launch a smidge, but wow, Dan did a great job reviewing this and I wholeheartedly agree with his points.

Another 2 rounds in and I have some more thoughts on this. One small concern first. Not sure if I didn't tighten it all the way the last time I opened it, but about midway thru my 2nd round last weekend I heard a rattle. I realized that it was the space port that was loose somehow. Will have to check on this periodically, but it was cold and wet so maybe something to look for.

And now as far as performance, I saw some pretty awesome things. After initial round results, I chose to increase the loft to 10.5. In doing so, I've basically eliminated the left side of the golf course while getting a great looking and performing ball flight. I was around the center of the face with contact all day and saw some consistently strong distances. I had 2 main misses that day: high toe and heel. High toe was a very good miss for me, resulting in a high flight that got out a little right to straight and found the fairway only 5-10 yards short of my average drive that day. Heel was still solid, a more left to right ball flight with a bit more distance loss, but nothing I wouldn't expect from a rare miss of mine.

Overall, very impressed with the club and shaft combination I've assembled. Cant wait to see summer Temps and to continue regaining mid season strengths.

Great feedback everyone - really appreciate all the wonderful info.

What are people's swing speeds? I'm curious to know the lowest SS that's having success gaming this driver.

What are people's swing speeds? I'm curious to know the lowest SS that's having success gaming this driver.

I'm between 100-105 I believe. I was hitting some bombs (for me anyway) with this yesterday. It's absolutely my favorite feeling driver I have hit.

Around 105 here. This is def longer than my BC+ was but I am having a bit harder time keeping it in the FW. It isn't terrible, just not as solid as the BC+. Right now I'm chalking it up to early season but I am looking to pick up a BC+ to keep on hand. If I can get it figured out in the next couple months our relationship may be over.

T4k, my SS is around 108-110 right now.

Around 105 here. This is def longer than my BC+ was but I am having a bit harder time keeping it in the FW. It isn't terrible, just not as solid as the BC+. Right now I'm chalking it up to early season but I am looking to pick up a BC+ to keep on hand. If I can get it figured out in the next couple months our relationship may be over.
At similar lofts, do you see a lower flight with your King versus BC+ ? I've done a ton of comparative driver testing, and this is one of just three heads, that consistently out performs my gamer BC+. That said, I hit this one lower and get a knuckler about once every 30 or 40 shots with it. I'm older, but I've built my club speed up into the low 90s (from high 70s) over the past couple years. But that might not be quite enough to properly launch this one?

At similar lofts, do you see a lower flight with your King versus BC+ ? I've done a ton of comparative driver testing, and this is one of just three heads, that consistently out performs my gamer BC+. That said, I hit this one lower and get a knuckler about once every 30 or 40 shots with it. I'm older, but I've built my club speed up into the low 90s (from high 70s) over the past couple years. But that might not be quite enough to properly launch this one?

I know you weren't asking me, but I have a lot of experience with the BC+. At 8.5* with the BC+ Diamana D+, I was launching the ball pretty high, while at 8.5* with my LTD Pro Fubuki K combo, I get a very mid launch. I'd say the LTD is a lower launching head in equal lofts with the BC+.

I'm similar to these guys in that I have had to crank up the loft a bit compared to my old Biocell driver to get a similar flight. It's definitely been a lower trajectory club compared to others in the same loft.

Yeah I see a slightly lower flight. I just feel like the BC+ is a bit more forgiving.

Tried this one yesterday at a demo day, I fell in love. The Sound, the flight the everything. Aldila tour green x-stiff shaft. It just got expensive.

Back