Cobra KING MIM Wedges

My twin snakes are better than I expected. Great around the green. Glad I did 54 versus 56. The 60 is easy to hit and stops quick

I feel the MIM wedges have certainly elevated my short game by leaps and bounds from where I was at with Callaway MD4's. The soft feel of the ball just gives me confidence. I have really started to see some stopping power on greens with them the better I am getting.
I'm completely the same, my short game has improved immeasurably this year, and I'm sure that most of the improvement has come from the confidence of having these in my hand. As long as there is a confident swing through the ball then these are like magic wands for me.

I don't know if this has been discussed or covered in the previous 12 pages but the MIM process is interesting to me and I found this.

MIM wedges saved my behind on so many occasions this weekend at The Morgan Cup. My 56* has the battle scars to prove it. Had to chip out of rough a couple times to stay in the match on holes 14&16 Sunday.

I know I've said it before multiple times, but I love the feel of these wedges. Super soft on impact and just enough of check up when landing on green.

0CE6DCF0-D804-403E-8E23-1314457838B3.jpeg
EE847BB1-2D83-48B9-90F3-F62965DD747A.jpeg

MIM wedges saved my behind on so many occasions this weekend at The Morgan Cup. My 56* has the battle scars to prove it. Had to chip out of rough a couple times to stay in the match on holes 14&16 Sunday.

I know I've said it before multiple times, but I love the feel of these wedges. Super soft on impact and just enough of check up when landing on green.

View attachment 8968900
View attachment 8968901
They are such good clubs, the number of times they have got me out of a bad situation and left me with at least a putt to salvage something. Battle scars and all!

Do you they spin more than the King Black? When I got my new set I felt like the Black were more clicky and didn't spin as much as the MIM.

Black was better for me on full shots, MIM is better around the green - the blacks played more like an iron than a wedge if that makes sense. Need touch around the greens and MIM gives me that, but definitely softer on longer shots too.

Black was better for me on full shots, MIM is better around the green - the blacks played more like an iron than a wedge if that makes sense. Need touch around the greens and MIM gives me that, but definitely softer on longer shots too.

Is it a feel thing maybe from the DBM? Because they are both MIM'd right?

I said before the event how much I loved the 58* and if you followed The Morgan Cup you know about this shot that JB captured.

Seriously, if you’re looking for some wedges, I fully endorse these. I had never gamed a Cobra wedge prior and I’ve truly been blown away at how good these are. It was a much easier transition than I expected.

My 50 and 54 have been deadly on those more full shots and the 58 is just deadly around the greens.

E951F2C9-B1D0-4F9C-93C9-3908E93EB81B.jpeg

Is it a feel thing maybe from the DBM? Because they are both MIM'd right?

The King Black isn't MIM - it's the DBM finish and CNC milling on the face, but not MIM.

I'm going to get a set of the MIM black for next year and see how they perform vs my chrome finished MIM

FWIW @Master Yagley said that there hasn't been any feel difference in the chrome MIM to the black MIM from what they've tested heard.

The King Black isn't MIM - it's the DBM finish and CNC milling on the face, but not MIM.

I'm going to get a set of the MIM black for next year and see how they perform vs my chrome finished MIM

FWIW @Master Yagley said that there hasn't been any feel difference in the chrome MIM to the black MIM from what they've tested heard.
Gotcha. I was going off this one.

FF8F3AE4-617F-4E63-A241-3C8076E73C50.jpeg

The MIM wedges are great! Previous to my MIM wedges I had the same setup (50,56,60) in the Cleveland Full Face (50,56) and CBX2 (60). I don't have a great greenside game so I liked those for the forgiveness. After making a few adjustments at the Morgan Cup I felt that I played the MIM wedges as good if not better than my Cleveland setup. The MIM wedges are a bit soft but as long as you aren't playing desert golf, you should be fine ;)

The MIM wedges are great! Previous to my MIM wedges I had the same setup (50,56,60) in the Cleveland Full Face (50,56) and CBX2 (60). I don't have a great greenside game so I liked those for the forgiveness. After making a few adjustments at the Morgan Cup I felt that I played the MIM wedges as good if not better than my Cleveland setup. The MIM wedges are a bit soft but as long as you aren't playing desert golf, you should be fine ;)

That is awesome to hear bud!

Seems like a bunch of people have glare issues with the Chrome ones...that's something I'd be interested in hearing more about considering the sun down here. Do you guys have glare issues with the Forged TECs by chance? I haven't with those

Seems like a bunch of people have glare issues with the Chrome ones...that's something I'd be interested in hearing more about considering the sun down here. Do you guys have glare issues with the Forged TECs by chance? I haven't with those

Nope it's weird, I just have issues with the MIMs. Never once had issues with the FTs

The irons really shade it well where the glare would come from

F59D0263-9A2A-457B-A11A-8CEF3B1A23B6.jpeg

I don't feel that glare issues don't exist with the Forged Tec. They are a great iron too. Love them.

Nope it's weird, I just have issues with the MIMs. Never once had issues with the FTs
The irons really shade it well where the glare would come from

View attachment 8969002
Interesting. I've been debating which finish for the MiM wedges and was thinking 1 chrome and 1 black. Maybe I'll just do both black like I have now.

I hit from the native area long on one hole during shamble and normally I’d hit my 58, but I love it so much I hit the 54

Did you see me miss a shot Sunday with it? :cool:

No way would I intentionally leave it there
Very True!! I only got to see you play on Sunday, and that was masterful. Well done.

Back