Cobra KING MIM Wedges

After The Morgan Cup, my short game was just not very good at all in several of my rounds. The last 3 rounds I am back to getting close to hole and chipping in with my 56*.

I am looking at adding a 60* wedge to the bag to round out my MIM wedges set up. I don't really use my Speedzone Gap Wedge except for just a few shots over the last 10 rounds. I don't really hit it very well for some reason. I am thinking the 52 I have could replace some of those shots as my gapping is close to the Gap wedge just fine.

Now, I am wondering which grind I should go for. Wide-Low, Versatile, or Classic. Both my MIM wedges are Versatile now.

After The Morgan Cup, my short game was just not very good at all in several of my rounds. The last 3 rounds I am back to getting close to hole and chipping in with my 56*.

I am looking at adding a 60* wedge to the bag to round out my MIM wedges set up. I don't really use my Speedzone Gap Wedge except for just a few shots over the last 10 rounds. I don't really hit it very well for some reason. I am thinking the 52 I have could replace some of those shots as my gapping is close to the Gap wedge just fine.

Now, I am wondering which grind I should go for. Wide-Low, Versatile, or Classic. Both my MIM wedges are Versatile now.

What's the 60 going to be used for?
I've got the wide-low on my 58 and kinda want to replace it with a classic.

Classic or Wide Low depending upon on turf and usage

What's the 60 going to be used for?
I've got the wide-low on my 58 and kinda want to replace it with a classic.
Would be used in some instances where I don't feel the 56 gets the ball up in the air very well. Would likely use it like I do the 56 now greenside and out of bunkers as well.

Would be used in some instances where I don't feel the 56 gets the ball up in the air very well. Would likely use it like I do the 56 now greenside and out of bunkers as well.

I'd go classic 👍

Wish more stores carried these wedges. Solid profile and the 3 grinds each stand out very well.

I completely overlooked a shot from Saturday while I was busy basking in the glory of almost holing out from the fairway.

Hole 2, my 4th shot landed in the green side bunker. I’d say the pin was a good 15 yards from me. I took my 54 out and opening face and it popped up and according to my playing partners...just stopped on a dime about 2 feet away.

These are vastly underrated out of the bunkers.

I completely overlooked a shot from Saturday while I was busy basking in the glory of almost holing out from the fairway.

Hole 2, my 4th shot landed in the green side bunker. I’d say the pin was a good 15 yards from me. I took my 54 out and opening face and it popped up and according to my playing partners...just stopped on a dime about 2 feet away.

I would agree about the bunkers. I felt confident all season out of the sand with my 54 or 58 MIM.

I used my 60 for everything from full shots, to bunker play, to chipping. I'd go with the versatile grind.

I have the Versatile in 60 bent to 58. I don't know why but I'm so much better out of the sand with it than I was with my RTX 3.0 58. I don't understand the different grinds and what they do, and don't appreciate any difference in turf interaction, but this 58 is awesome.

I have the Versatile in 60 bent to 58. I don't know why but I'm so much better out of the sand with it than I was with my RTX 3.0 58. I don't understand the different grinds and what they do, and don't appreciate any difference in turf interaction, but this 58 is awesome.

I gamed the RTX 3s as well in the past. It’s been too long to compare, but I’ve had similar success with my 54 and 58 this year. Generally will use the 58 out of the bunker when I’ve really short sided myself lol.

I wasn't super fond of the Versatile grind from the bunker, I think I like the higher bounce there though.

I gamed the RTX 3s as well in the past. It’s been too long to compare, but I’ve had similar success with my 54 and 58 this year. Generally will use the 58 out of the bunker when I’ve really short sided myself lol.

I didn't have much confidence in the RTX3 58 on a "full-ish" swings. I do with the MIM wedge. Same with the 54 (a 56 bent to 54). If I need to lay up, I want to be 80-85 out. The 58 has been money from there for me.

I wasn't super fond of the Versatile grind from the bunker, I think I like the higher bounce there though.

I ordered the Classic but the heads weren't available at that time so had to make do with what was available to be sure I had them for the MC. It's turned out pretty well so far!

I find myself wishing cobra would come out with a full-faced MIM wedge option. :unsure:

I would agree with that IF the bunkers you play are soft. I often play in harder bunkers with less sand and the versatile grind is great in those bunkers.

talk to me about the spinnnnnnnnnnn of these right out of the wrapper.

I would agree with that IF the bunkers you play are soft.
This is the absolutely the reason i'm thinking about it.

in high loft right?

did you just ask yourself a question?

but definitely, 58 or 60* with a strong lean to bunker use.

I have never found the confidence with the WideLow 58 from soft bunkers.

I would agree with that IF the bunkers you play are soft. I often play in harder bunkers with less sand and the versatile grind is great in those bunkers.
We have both on my home course. It's a maddening guessing game. With the versatile grind, I have had better luck than with a higher bounce SW.

This is the absolutely the reason i'm thinking about it.

did you just ask yourself a question?

but definitely, 58 or 60* with a strong lean to bunker use.

I have never found the confidence with the WideLow 58 from soft bunkers.

Bro, the best conversations I have on daily basis are with myself. You know anyone I can talk to about that? :cool:

Grind dependent methinks, leaning toward a WL - but with the success of the Versatile for me this year, I think it would have to be that one

I really like the versatile grind. It has the most ability to move and adapt to changing conditions and different shots. I could see a widelow grind, but maybe only in the highest lofted wedge for greenside bunker work. My game is just not able to handle the other grinds in different lofts

I did not have a great day today with these. It was sloppy wet and I just struggled with full shots. Wedges only...

Back