Cobra KING MIM Wedges

Surprised you had to get up, figured they'd be right next to you in bed all night :ROFLMAO:
Come on now, I'm not that sort of boy....will wait until the second date :LOL:

Haha! This is awesome. LOVE your excitement. It’s what this event is supposed to be!
Thanks dude! Completely beside myself at the moment....

I have the 56* and confirm everything said about them.

While I think the dbm looks cool I like the chrome look better.

These have long transitioned out of the bag but I think it was more the hi rev 2.0 I didn't like.

I'm sure any MCers that chose these will love them. They have a nice soft feel. The dbm had a firmer feel and the the orginal king wedge is in between the two.

If grinds are expanded this year, they will be on the short list for my unnecessary upgrade to my wedges.

I'm loving these for sure. I would like some expanded grind offerings (specifically a wider groove in the higher lofts). I wonder if the way they lay the grooves will be impacted by different grinds, but they work great even in just the versatile grind/loft

So.....tonight :ROFLMAO:
Erm....well....ahem y'know. Maybe a bottle of wine, some candles, bit of light music, that kind of thing. God I'm easy :LOL:

After last night, I was going to write a decent length review of the wedges but is relatively pointless because they did quite literally everything I could want from them. Have to hold my hands up and say that I have only ever bought second hand wedges from eBay and so never played a brand new wedge, but these really raised my eyebrows.

I was hitting into practice greens 50, 75 and 100 yards away and each of them flew high and straight and hit the green before either stopping dead or even pulling back a touch. And this was with bog standard range balls...

Consistency was fantastic, and I only needed to hit 3 or 4 full and partial shots before getting the numbers as they were within a couple of yards of each other each time.

Feel off the face was so soft except the odd one I caught a little thin. I've not yet tried them out of bunkers or on anything other than a range mat, but watch this space - these could be real secret weapons!

After last night, I was going to write a decent length review of the wedges but is relatively pointless because they did quite literally everything I could want from them. Have to hold my hands up and say that I have only ever bought second hand wedges from eBay and so never played a brand new wedge, but these really raised my eyebrows.

I was hitting into practice greens 50, 75 and 100 yards away and each of them flew high and straight and hit the green before either stopping dead or even pulling back a touch. And this was with bog standard range balls...

Consistency was fantastic, and I only needed to hit 3 or 4 full and partial shots before getting the numbers as they were within a couple of yards of each other each time.

Feel off the face was so soft except the odd one I caught a little thin. I've not yet tried them out of bunkers or on anything other than a range mat, but watch this space - these could be real secret weapons!
Very similar to what I've seen. Glad they are working for you so far!! I love the feel of these wedges and I also get great spin numbers from them!

Love it! I have not yet experienced MIM wedges but I can't wait to get them in hand. I have been playing the King Black wedges for 2 seasons and I love them however I am very curious to experience the soft feel everyone keeps describing!

Love it! I have not yet experienced MIM wedges but I can't wait to get them in hand. I have been playing the King Black wedges for 2 seasons and I love them however I am very curious to experience the soft feel everyone keeps describing!
I was curious as well, because I'm not as knowledgeable or technical as a lot of the guys on here I was never really certain what 'soft' meant when it came to wedges. But I totally get the feeling now, no clicky feeling except a couple I caught a wee bit skinny. Looking forward to trying them with a Chromesoft or other such ball to see how they bite.

For me, these were somewhat difficult to hit out of the traps. Unless you open the face, the sole was a bit too thin to blast it out without digging.
I'm not the best sand player so your results might be different.

For me, these were somewhat difficult to hit out of the traps. Unless you open the face, the sole was a bit too thin to blast it out without digging.

Surprised since these have a pretty rounded leading edge. Yes the lead bounce is thin, but so long as you dont dig the leading edge I found it easy to get out.

Not sure I'll ever find out - the Forged Tecs seem so accurate that I'm not sure I'll ever be in a bunker again :ROFLMAO:

Surprised since these have a pretty rounded leading edge. Yes the lead bounce is thin, but so long as you dont dig the leading edge I found it easy to get out.
Yes, I think it's more of a technique thing. If you have the right bounce to go with your technique you should be fine. The challenge with these is that there are not a ton of bounce options currently so if you are used to using a high bounce option to get out I could see how these could be more difficult.

Good to hear you are liking these. They are gorgeous! CAN NOT WAIT to get these in hand!

If you lay it open you'll be OK, if you take a normal stance in the bunker, the flange is too narrow to dig through the sand, I tried! That's not to say I don't like them I do, I have the 54* in my bag, but these aren't CBX flange2 either.

First round with these today, and again they did everything I needed them to do. Only problem was that my short game was in the toilet, and could barely chip to save my life. The wedges felt lovely though, soft and definitely checked up more than I am used to which was great to see. Just a shame that I couldn't gauge distances or runout, but this was 110% my issue and not the clubs, am just too rusty after a long winter.

What was interesting though was out of the greenside bunkers, the 60 degree performed like a complete champion, got me out and onto the green first time every time,including a plugged lie which caused no worries at all. Seemed to pop straight out every single time and had a decent amount of check. Early signs are very very promising,once I can get some degree of touch back.

One issue I think is that I was using the wrong clubs around the green. I like to play little bumps with the PW and 9i, but given the time of year, trolleys weren't allowed within about 30 yards of the green so I often ended up at my ball with the wrong club for the shot. Need to learn from this and take a couple of choices with me, just need to find a foolproof way of remembering them again :LOL:

First round with these today, and again they did everything I needed them to do. Only problem was that my short game was in the toilet, and could barely chip to save my life. The wedges felt lovely though, soft and definitely checked up more than I am used to which was great to see. Just a shame that I couldn't gauge distances or runout, but this was 110% my issue and not the clubs, am just too rusty after a long winter.

What was interesting though was out of the greenside bunkers, the 60 degree performed like a complete champion, got me out and onto the green first time every time,including a plugged lie which caused no worries at all. Seemed to pop straight out every single time and had a decent amount of check. Early signs are very very promising,once I can get some degree of touch back.

One issue I think is that I was using the wrong clubs around the green. I like to play little bumps with the PW and 9i, but given the time of year, trolleys weren't allowed within about 30 yards of the green so I often ended up at my ball with the wrong club for the shot. Need to learn from this and take a couple of choices with me, just need to find a foolproof way of remembering them again :LOL:
Hahaha yep I've learned this one the hard way many times :ROFLMAO:

I am very interested in the softness everyone speaks of when playing these wedges. I actually like a more clicky feel ( maybe that's why I never got along with the softer golf balls) so it will be interesting. I have Cleveland RTX 2.0 right now so it will definitely be an upgrade.

These are some good looking wedges!
38805682-23C6-48E1-9C42-A7DD40D1DC21.jpeg

Its easy to love the driver, but after 1 round the MIM wedges might just be my favorite item out of the Morgan Cup clubs. 50, 56, 60 saved me all day long yesterday. Before yesterday I never tried them. I knew I would be ordering them so I didnt bother to test them before placing the order. Hard for me to judge the feel of the wedges right now due to the spring and windy weather. The MIM felt slightly firmer to me than the current Mizuno T20 I have right now but to be fair ive hit the Mizuno's for 4 months now

Overall the performance was phenomenal. It was easy to open up both the 56 and 60 from anywhere. The 60 led me to 3 sand saves for par. The 50 was my go to club yesterday for anything between 70 - 130 yards. Into the wind I was able to keep the flight pretty low and watch the ball stop immediately.

Its gonna rain the next 4 days so unfortunately I won't get to hit these for a while. The course is already pretty soft so probably no action for at least the next 7 days

Back