Cobra KING MIM Wedges

I loved the Black wedges but I do like the softer feel of the MIM. The new black ones might be the best of both worlds!

Yags says that the black should feel the same as the MIM #justsayin

Really digging the chrome though

last round was 2/2 sand saves from the bunker

no idea what it is but from the sand the 58° is exponentially better than the King Black for me and dare I say better than the PŪR wedges

I just love these MIM wedges. More confident using MIM when even close to fringe than using putter (y)

37F94A50-66D4-40B4-A013-1D86BD6E2A0C.jpeg

I just love these MIM wedges. More confident using MIM when even close to fringe than using putter (y)

View attachment 8951123
I love these wedges on full shots as well. I don't get too much spin that the balls spins back too far, it's more of a hit and grab. That has 2 effects for me. 1) It's great on full shots into a green. But....2) I don't get the check I was used to on chips and pitches around the green. I have to play for more roll out. That's not necessarily bad, except when short sided, but it's just something I'm getting used to.

Yags says that the black should feel the same as the MIM #justsayin

Really digging the chrome though

last round was 2/2 sand saves from the bunker

no idea what it is but from the sand the 58° is exponentially better than the King Black for me and dare I say better than the PŪR wedges
I'd agree completely, I have absolute confidence getting out of greenside bunkers with my 60 degree. Proximity to the hole is not wonderful, but they really do work. Had a shot out on Sunday night that I needed to get up higher than I am tall, and there was no issues at all. Loving everything about these wedges...

I love these wedges on full shots as well. I don't get too much spin that the balls spins back too far, it's more of a hit and grab. That has 2 effects for me. 1) It's great on full shots into a green. But....2) I don't get the check I was used to on chips and pitches around the green. I have to play for more roll out. That's not necessarily bad, except when short sided, but it's just something I'm getting used to.
ive seen and noticed the exact same things. Im not seeing anywhere close to the same stopping power as previous wedges ive played.. still trying to adjust to plan for roll out

I will say there hasn't been any problems playing these from any lie on the course. I use the 56 for 75% of my chips and pitches. The 60 is very good from the sand and easy to open the face up

Still adore these wedges, do everything that I need and more. The 60 got me out of jail so many times last night that I could have married it :LOL: Little flicks over bunkers, playing out of sand, partial 50 yarders that hit and checked, you name it. Just need to remember to commit to the shot and it's almost automatic. Absolutely magnificent clubs.

my black MIM wedges came in Tuesday and they look very clean. both the chrome and black look phenomenal behind the ball

Immediately played 18 Tuesday with the black wedges which have a different shaft and grip than the chrome which led to the black wedges being much more accurate for me. performance wise there is nothing new here but I did not expect them to be different, feel is also the same

and as ive mentioned in previous posts I dont see any stopping power with these under 50 yards. I know its something I need to improve on and not be as aggressive on the touch shots, but ive played that way my whole life

These just get better and better for me the more I get to know them and my confidence in them gets higher. Chipped in from 30 years for a very scrappy par last night, and am completely comfortable with them. Had a few from around 90-100 come up short of the green, but that was just user error not giving them enough juice into the wind. No issues stopping them at all, and can control the flight and spin quite easily.

BF636894-AFF8-43C8-9380-C14A63C0C1A9.jpeg

@Tenputt ‘member that time I told you I hit the flag with my Forged Tec 9i but the Golf God’s smote me?

Well they smiled on me today 50 yards with the 58°MIM hit the flag and converted the 🐦

View attachment 8955654

@Tenputt ‘member that time I told you I hit the flag with my Forged Tec 9i but the Golf God’s smote me?

Well they smiled on me today 50 yards with the 58°MIM hit the flag and converted the 🐦
Man you're hitting a lot of flags lately:oops:

The only thing I hit consistently is the hosel :ROFLMAO::mad:

The MIM Wedges (I have 54 and 58) continue to excel around the green.

I look forward to my first round with the 48 degree MiM (50 bent strong) in the bag tomorrow. The two wedges I already owned had been so good that I needed another.

Looking forward to your thoughts
I didn’t get to hit a full shot with it today. That said, the main reason I got it to replace the GW was for around the green, and I felt really good with the new wedge. I played a new ball today (CSX) and the MiM with that ball around the greens felt great. I look forward to seeing what I will get on full shots. On the range, it was hitting exactly where I want (100 yards with range balls)

So probably the wrong thread since it's gonna be nothing but MIM lovers, but I need a 50* for one set and am thinking about one of these since they can still be had new for a good price. How to they compare in size to rtx4s? It's been too long since I've held one to remember enough to compare.

So, I find myself with that “head vs heart“ dilemma ; I Love the look of my three MIM’s and the feel off them ( especially the full shot with the 52 ) is sooooo very soft but...... the spin and stopping power is giving me grief. I’m not the “spinniest“ of players but I’m getting kind of frustrated and every day I look at the MD 3s and 4’s in the reserve bag and the thought is to put them back in play - totally annoying as I want the MIM’s to be my permanent gamers arghhhhh!

Really getting dialed in with these - an unlock on approach shots has been the 3/4 54° from 100-110 vs stepping on a 58°

Still a fantastic option in the V grind for greenside sand shots

was thinking of putting DG115 in there but I think I’m going to stay with the DGS200s

I'm really loving these wedges. My prior course had such a horrendous short game area that I just avoided practicing with them at all, but my current place has a great setup and I have been getting to know these guys well over the past week. The look and size of the wedges really fits my eye well and the feel is as good in my hands as any wedges I have ever used. I have the KBS 610 shafts in these and it is a great combo. Approach shots are penetrating and I am getting more than enough spin form these. I like them so much, I may go in for the 50* to replace the FT GW.

I know I am repetitive about loving the MIM wedges, but, they just continue to shine and have been a game changer with my short game. First hole today, on the edge of the green about 10 yards out and since I am so confident with MIM, I would rather chip than putt from there. Set up for my shot and nailed it, another chip in. (y)

These shine with the touch shots.

Flop ✅
Open face ✅
Low chip/pitch with spin ✅
Bunker shots ✅

25 yard pitch in for birdie 💥

These shine with the touch shots.

Flop ✅
Open face ✅
Low chip/pitch with spin ✅
Bunker shots ✅

25 yard pitch in for birdie 💥

To piggyback on the previous post different grass has been err challenging greenside, however full approach shots 90-120 yards my 54° and 58° have been LEGIT

Versatile grind is soooo good on full shots

I have really gotten to like these MIM wedges. As I've stated before wedges might be my favorite part of the game. I wish I could order a 50 to replace the set GW but it is not to be right now, maybe at some point. Anyway plenty of spin and versatility with these. I do kind of miss the WL grind on my 58 though.

I have really gotten to like these MIM wedges. As I've stated before wedges might be my favorite part of the game. I wish I could order a 50 to replace the set GW but it is not to be right now, maybe at some point. Anyway plenty of spin and versatility with these. I do kind of miss the WL grind on my 58 though.

I agree with you here. Some of the most versatile I have tried this year.

I haven't seen any good spin but id agree on the versatility. Getting out of any lie I dont think any wedge ive played in the last 5 years have been better than these

I ordered 3 black MIM's and got the 56 in the classic grind. Im not one to know enough about grinds and how they work specifically but it hasn't been anywhere as good as the Versatile grind for me

Back