Cobra KING MIM Wedges

Had a good round today with the 58 degree around the green. I'm able to generate height and spin. With more practice around the green, I'm confident that the MIM will be a valuable scoring club.

Got to play these Friday. The versatile grind on the wedges has really good turf for me. The wedges look beautiful at address.

performance wise these have been spot on. I have more spin with these than my previous set for sure. The Nippon wedge pairing is also really good with these guys.

impact is a nice soft feel on full shots that is addictive. Touch shots around the green were controllable. Need more time to dial in landing spots and roll out. These are the best wedges I have played.

Having played the PūR wedges and King Black wedges - these are closer to the PUR in terms of softness and feel and touch shots.

hit some really nice touch shots with these. Still figuring out 3/4- full swings with both the 54/58

the new V grind/sole is fantastic in both the 54 and 58 turf interaction is great.

the 58 out of greenside bunkers does just as good as the WL i had in the previous models which is surprising but also fantastic- i adored the WL

I get pretty good spin with these too which is fun

Having played the PūR wedges and King Black wedges - these are closer to the PUR in terms of softness and feel and touch shots.

hit some really nice touch shots with these. Still figuring out 3/4- full swings with both the 54/58

the new V grind/sole is fantastic in both the 54 and 58 turf interaction is great.

the 58 out of greenside bunkers does just as good as the WL i had in the previous models which is surprising but also fantastic- i adored the WL

I get pretty good spin with these too which is fun
Makes me happy to hear they feel more like the PUR Iteration as I thought those felt way better than the KING Black did. Very nice.

Makes me happy to hear they feel more like the PUR Iteration as I thought those felt way better than the KING Black did. Very nice.

Touch shots definitely, these launch higher than the King Black as well, other factors at play, not just the head

I'm getting the hankering for the versatile grind right now.

I think feel wise the closest was the original king wedge. PuR is softer and the Black is firmer. Still a bit different but the MIM wedge has a nice design.

The 58 degree MIM is performing very well around the green for me. I am achieving very good spin on greenside shots.

Really wish the MIM wedges came in a OL variety... heard really solid things about them from everyone.

The 58 degree MIM is performing very well around the green for me. I am achieving very good spin on greenside shots.

What greenside shots are in your bag? Which shot is your go to?

Really wish the MIM wedges came in a OL variety... heard really solid things about them from everyone.

It was a why I didn’t do my two length experiment

What greenside shots are in your bag? Which shot is your go to?

I’m having success with the 5-10 yard shot from the rough around the green. I’m able to generate spin.

high low shots? Good check?

I really like the look and feel of these wedges. They are noticeably softer than the King Black wedges. The versatile grind works just fine for me as well. Im not getting a ton of distance SW averaging about 95 yds but thats ok with me as I really don't try to swing full wedges anymore since the ball just seems to go straight up in the air with my swing haha. It took some getting used to the lighter weight of the Recoil 110's in there but the feel is amazing and I have been able to dial in my partial yardages pretty good so far. I'm toying around with the idea of picking up a 50 in the MIM and replacing my FT GW

I feel good about these wedges. They are indeed versatile. I don't quite get the distance on full shots that I did from my previous wedges. They are about 5-7 yds shorter on full shots. I also actually feel good about the spin even though it's less that other wedges. Let me explain. On full wedge shots with previous wedges, I sometimes had a hard time controlling the spin. On those full shots, short par 3's for example I had a tendency to spin the ball back too much. But these MIM wedges spin less, which gives me more control. They hop and stop, maybe with a small amount of back up. I'm liking being able to hop and stop on target instead of trying to control spin.

Yeah for those wondering about the V grind, gotta give these a look. By far the most versatile grind i've played. I've felt very comfortable in sticky grass against grain, very firm, wet, and gouging out of deep rough. I use a lot of floppy like shop with wide open face and it sits very nicely. I used to have PM 60* and while I loved that club I feel like i can do almost all the same things with the 60* MIM v grind.

These have been on my bag for a year and are going to be there for some time. I still am getting great spin and touch on the short shots. I have played softer wedges in the past but this is a happy medium!

high low shots? Good check?

Tend to be higher ones that I need to carry to a specific spot. The one out of the heavier greenside rough or where I need to carry a bunker. I'm getting them to stop without a lot of run. I have limited play with them and last night I legitimately tried to hole two such shots. Both ended up as tap ins.

The only thing I haven't done well is hit the 58 on a short chip/pitch from a tight lie. I've been putting those or chipping those.

Very mixed emotions with these wedges right now. Just finished 18 and there were some things that worked amazing and some shots i thought I had a 50 yr old wedge with worn grooves. somehow I shot a 78 while hitting 4 GIR, so I truly tested these wedges out today

I managed to hit 8 green side bunkers today. Yes, 8! .. but I saved par on 6 of them and the 2 I missed were both within 6 feet. I wouldn’t consider myself a strong bunker player but I did put in some serious work last year and now feel very comfortable in there. I’ve never gotten out of sand so easily, effortlessly, and consistently as I did today with the 56*. For sand performance I’ll give these an A

performance everywhere else, D. Im not seeing any spin with these from 60 yards and in. Every other round I’ve rotated between Mizuno T20’s and the 3 MIM wedges (50,56,60). pitch shots from clean lies today ran past the flag all day. I use my 56* to pitch or chip over 75% of the time. The 60* only comes out for extreme cases (carry a bunker, flop shot, tight pin). I’ll use the 50* for longer pitch shots. One hole in particular on Arccos showed me 34y away. It was the 15th hole and I was already fed up with the 56* performance other than from the sand. I used the 60* for a 34y shot. I probably landed it around 24 yards. Ended up 18 feet past the hole, so 40y total. It was from the fairway, very flat green (my home course does not have fast greens either), and I thought I picked it pretty clean. I did have some good chips overall from the rough

since I tee off very early and there’s dew on the ground until about the 8th hole, I can really tell the difference in performance of the T20’s from wet lies vs the MIM wedges. I would guess the T20’s give you almost double the spin from wet lies than the MIM

i can’t speak too much about grinds and soles but I will say I’ve had 0 issues with being able to hit the MIM wedges from anywhere on the course. I have not chunked, thinned, or bladed any shots with these

Last edited:
My MC team mates have been giving me grief about my previous woeful short game stats previously, so was keen to get these out again last night to prove everyone wrong! Sadly, I didn't get to use them as much as I could have done, the greens were lightning fast and solid as a rock with tightly mown and hard aprons, so I found myself using a PW and 9i more often than not with links style bump and runs. There were a number of times though that I needed to flick the 60 over a bunker and the MIM performed immaculately, the grind really does work. I was getting next to no stop or check at all, but that's not really surprising. I did have a couple of 3/4 length 52 and 56 wedge shots into greens, but true to form yesterday I managed to blade pretty much all of them!

I do absolutely love these wedges though, they look fantastic and blend beautifully into the Forged Tec irons. They are wonderfully balanced and feel like an extension to the irons. Once things start softening up a little, I'm hoping that these are going to shine.

Got another few rounds in with the MIM wedges and they continue to perform for me around the greens or approaches. Some of my playing partners are more apt to pull putter if anywhere around the green, but I would rather grab my 56* as I seem to get closer to the hole than any lag putting will get me. :ROFLMAO:

Confidence in my 52 & 56 continues and I have no issue pulling either one and trying to get to the greens. One of my better results from a bit further out occurred yesterday.

IMG_7A51371868AF-1(1).jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

Got another few rounds in with the MIM wedges and they continue to perform for me around the greens or approaches. Some of my playing partners are more apt to pull putter if anywhere around the green, but I would rather grab my 56* as I seem to get closer to the hole than any lag putting will get me. :ROFLMAO:

Confidence in my 52 & 56 continues and I have no issue pulling either one and trying to get to the greens. One of my better results from a bit further out occurred yesterday.

View attachment 8946800

View attachment 8946801
That looks a splendid course!

Sad face. I have no idea if this is a shaft issue or what. Happened with the forged tecs too.
CD8B4EA8-A8B9-4972-ADB7-91B9EB97A21F.jpeg

I really have never seen anything like it. Is that the 3rd shaft that broke for you in the same spot?
Yes, The third shaft in the exact same spot. Two Forged Tec and one MIM wedge. Hitting balls on grass range.

Maybe I need a stouter shaft instead of the Nippon Modus 105?

Yes, The third shaft in the exact same spot. Two Forged Tec and one MIM wedge. Hitting balls on grass range.

Maybe I need a stouter shaft instead of the Nippon Modus 105?
For them to break in the exact same spot I'm thinking bad batch of shafts, which being Nippon would surprise me honestly. Can you take close up pictures off the break?

@jdtox here are some closer ones of the wedge.

07814558-E5FF-480C-81E1-95A34E7FE9C2.jpeg
06E1C084-CFB5-4C1D-A658-BF7CD60C9A38.jpeg

Back