Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

After getting some input from forum members on my driver set up, I put the SpeedZone Pars and Stripes in the bag for my 9 hole round this afternoon. This driver was really long earlier in the year, but I kind of lost control of it. Implementing some of the input, I got more shoulder tilt in my set up (thanks, @OITW), moved the ball a bit more forward in my stance and got my hip alignment straightened out. This driver absolutely came alive. I have never driven it better. Ever. Now, this driver is back in a horse race for first spot in the bag, because Cobra will always be my go to, if it works.

View attachment 8972188View attachment 8972189View attachment 8972190View attachment 8972191View attachment 8972192

I'm absolutely bummed that the season is starting to wind down, and it's getting colder. Got a chance to get out for 9 yesterday before some birthday festivities and couple it with last week's performance and I've got to say I've not driven the ball better all year. Finally worked out the kinks in my swing and couldn't be happier right now, only for the season to be coming to a close haha.

Some swing tweeks after a month and the speedzone std came alive today. Snuck a few out past 300yards which has been a rarity with this club. Takes a different swing and lower loft to coax the spin lower, now to try and maintain.

Last edited:
Maiden voyage with the Xtreme today. Thank you Ohio for giving me a few more nice days!!

The Pars and Stripes remains one of my all time favorite, if not my favorite driver cosmetically.

0C24BA7B-C48A-448A-B320-862D62759E97.jpeg

Maiden voyage with the Xtreme today. Thank you Ohio for giving me a few more nice days!!

Do let us know how it works out. Has been extremely accurate for me this year.

Distance and fairways found have both increased since The Morgan Cup in Vegas and working with Jose @LittleRat on Sunday before singles matchplay got started.

Just in the few weeks back fromvegas, distance has increased by 20 yards on average. Hitting several more fairways per round. More work to do!! Loving the Xtreme!

I'm still looking for my golf balls under all the leaves! :ROFLMAO:

I'll have an update later, dinner and kids bedtime are priority at the moment!

Alright, maiden voyage! 2 disclaimers about the round today:

1. It was fall in Ohio
2. It was fall in Ohio

It's been a month since my last round out, so honestly my swing was not very consistent today. Started off with the 9* Xtreme head in the Standard setting, playing at 9*. First drive was good, down the left side of the fairway, but low. So I then adjusted up 1.5* to play at 10.5*. Next shot, straight, high, piercing bomb. I mean, such a perfect tee shot for me. I wish I could say the same for the rest of the shots. Came up about 10 yards short on a hole playing 285. After that though, I was having trouble pulling the ball down the left side of the fairway, and in most cases, 5-10 yards off the fairway, on what is honestly a pretty tight course. It wasn't a draw or a hook, it was straight, just to the left. So while my 2nd drive was perfection, I was searching for the fairway most of the rest of the round. I do want to say that previously, with my F6+, if I'm trying to find consistency, I'm usually missing by more than 5-10 yards off the fairway. I believe the Xtreme did help keep the ball in play, but then we come to the disclaimers above. I wasn't out of bounds, wasn't in the woods or in a pond, I just kept losing balls in the leaves. Basically once you got off the fairway, you were in a pile of leaves. Like I said it was a tight course, and I wouldn't have hit driver as much as I normally do, because this course calls for placement over power. But I had this shiny new driver, so I was going to use it. So my initial thoughts:

Sound is so solid, and so is the feel on a well struck shot. It lets you know you hit a good one. The forgiveness is miles better than what I had before. I can't wait to tinker with loft settings, and a few shaft options this winter to see if I can get it dialed in by spring. Really excited about the possibilities with this one!

Putting the Helium into the 9* Speedzone (turned down to 8*) has led to a big improvement over the last month and a half:

1604692400633.png

Before, with the Tensei Blue:

1604692742246.png

If you've improved over what you did in Vegas, I get to be your partner again!! You were already dialed in there. Now you're even better! Sign me up!!!
Vegas was the peak! 25/34 fairways hit (73.5%) with driver all weekend; 12/12 in the Saturday rounds.

Wow, amazing what a difference a shaft can make. I didn't get along with Tensei Blue either when I tried one.
It is. Having a reliable, stock tee shot is a nice feeling.

I had played the Helium in a 10.5* F9 head for a few months, and liked the feel of it a lot from Day One. It just launched too high, even with it turned down to 9*.

I was surprised at how much I struggled with the Tensei, given what I'd read and heard about it. I still want to give it a go in the F9 and see what happens, if I can do it without tempting the two-way misses again.

Alright, probably played my last round of the year, so now I get to think about golf for a few months, maybe play a few sim rounds, but not much golfing. My biggest ponder right now is what shaft will work best for me. Never had a fitting, so all my comments are based on feel, and what I see on the course.

I was gaming the HZRDUS Smoke yellow 6.0 in my old F6+ and i carried that over to the Xtreme. I had really good rounds in the middle of the year with the driver being a huge reason why. Some of my longest and straightest drives I've ever had. Before this year, i used to just play a huge slice, but was sick of leaving yards out there, so I changed my swing and shaft. Like I said good results in the middle of the year.

Now, at the end if the season, I kept pulling the ball left, not a lot of movement, just a straight shot left of my intended target. Alignment was good. Ball position seemed ok. Just felt like I was fighting the Smoke Yellow shaft. When I hit it good, it really goes, but those shots were too few for me.

Anyone else fight the Smoke Yellow, specifically pulling it left, as a RH? Did you try positioning? Adjust loft? Try a different shaft? Just curious.

New hotness arrived today courtesy of THP and the SpeedZone Extreme contest! I'm really excited about what arrived:

Matte / White 9* Xtreme Head

Rogue 60S Shaft

The 9* head and Rogue shaft are both the choices I would have made, the spec fairy was looking over my shoulder on this one. Thanks THP and Cobra! :love: Stoked to get some swings in.

New hotness arrived today courtesy of THP and the SpeedZone Extreme contest! I'm really excited about what arrived:

Rogue 60S Shaft

The 9* head and Rogue shaft are both the choices I would have made, the spec fairy was looking over my shoulder on this one. Thanks THP and Cobra! :love: Stoked to get some swings in.
Have fun!

Rogue 60S Shaft

Nooooiiiiiiiccceeee!

Rogue 60S Shaft

So awesome! Hit it long and straight.

🏎 🏎 🏎 💨 💨 💨
1EE03E69-3923-4ACB-BAA8-E7DBA0277D96.jpeg
6EC21480-F359-4DBB-8DA4-DAC7FE34F608.jpeg
27D870F0-F89D-4309-A986-4ED003EF304D.jpeg

Back