Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

I was hesitant on the smoke yellow because in the stiff (only option I see with the cobra) I saw a recommended 95mph speed which I have only on my best swings. Also, would it reduce my effective SW or does Cobra add more weight to the head to regain it? I play my drivers about D4 or D5 so a D1 might have me chasing heavier weights right away.
I was just suggesting that as a stock offering. If you're looking to go regular flex, then stock I'd go Rogue.

I was just suggesting that as a stock offering. If you're looking to go regular flex, then stock I'd go Rogue.

i greatly appreciate the suggestion. This covid world prevents me from hitting the Yellow stiff but if it is really a shaft geared at 95mph upwards then I need to be playing a bit less shaft. Though saying this hurts the ego of an aging male;)

i greatly appreciate the suggestion. This covid world prevents me from hitting the Yellow stiff but if it is really a shaft geared at 95mph upwards then I need to be playing a bit less shaft. Though saying this hurts the ego of an aging male;)
Haha I get it. The Rogue is a really good shaft I actually preferred it to the smoke yellow anyway. No shame in playing a regular flex if thats what works best for you.

Haha I get it. The Rogue is a really good shaft I actually preferred it to the smoke yellow anyway. No shame in playing a regular flex if thats what works best for you.
I'm right in the crossroads of where the R meets the Stiff in the Rogue. I'm playing the Adila Phenon RIP in the 50g Stiff in my current gamer and it seems a good fit for me. I know this mostly because I picked up my brothers old TM R11 on the range one day and started hitting it very well. I looked down and there is my old familiar RIP shaft stiff shaft.

I'm right in the crossroads of where the R meets the Stiff in the Rogue. I'm playing the Adila Phenon RIP in the 50g Stiff in my current gamer and it seems a good fit for me. I know this mostly because I picked up my brothers old TM R11 on the range one day and started hitting it very well. I looked down and there is my old familiar RIP shaft stiff shaft.
There can be more to what shaft fits best than simply speed and tempo, although those certainly are primary considerations. The way a head is delivered to the ball at impact can influence what might work best. Even subjective feel to a player might be considered.

There can be more to what shaft fits best than simply speed and tempo, although those certainly are primary considerations. The way a head is delivered to the ball at impact can influence what might work best. Even subjective feel to a player might be considered.
absolutely agree. I bought a tour edge EXS driver in June with the stock Tensi Blue Stiff shaft. I can't say I had any consistency at all even on the range. I shelved the driver after likely no more then 150 swings and let my brother-in-law try it a few months later. Somehow the shaft broke. Tour Edge replaced it with the Ventus branded shaft in stiff and instantly the head becomes consistent and might beat out my current gamer. both listed as stiff shafts and both mid-flight I believe. feel was very different for me.

Thanks to all!- my first Cobra product in my 30 year golfing history is on the way. I so like that Cobra offers a shorter stock shaft offering. That aftermarket weights are readily available for the guy who likes to tinker with SW is another plus. in my range sessions, I can see that the shorter shafts just feel more natural to me and it actually results in more swing speed not less. On course, I see better contact that allowed me to take my driving from a negative to neutral in 2020.

I went with the 9 degree extreme and after talking to the Adilla customer service/sales team went with the Rogue silver in the R shaft. Since I play a number of the Adilla shafts now, I felt this a better starting point (in absence of a real fitting).

The many comments about forgiveness on high toe hits in this 100 page thread have me excited. That is my miss. Just hoping to hit a few more fairways as I realize that fairways hit and ability to get up and down in 2 from 30ft off the green are my biggest opportunity areas in 2021

Thanks to all!- my first Cobra product in my 30 year golfing history is on the way. I so like that Cobra offers a shorter stock shaft offering. That aftermarket weights are readily available for the guy who likes to tinker with SW is another plus. in my range sessions, I can see that the shorter shafts just feel more natural to me and it actually results in more swing speed not less. On course, I see better contact that allowed me to take my driving from a negative to neutral in 2020.

I went with the 9 degree extreme and after talking to the Adilla customer service/sales team went with the Rogue silver in the R shaft. Since I play a number of the Adilla shafts now, I felt this a better starting point (in absence of a real fitting).

The many comments about forgiveness on high toe hits in this 100 page thread have me excited. That is my miss. Just hoping to hit a few more fairways as I realize that fairways hit and ability to get up and down in 2 from 30ft off the green are my biggest opportunity areas in 2021
Have fun!

Where did you order it from? I'm not seeing that shaft as an option any longer direct from Cobra (it's greyed out).

Where did you order it from? I'm not seeing that shaft as an option any longer direct from Cobra (it's greyed out).
check ebay sellers. Note I bought a tour length shaft. I did not look at the full length shaft but did confirm that only one seller has the TL in this shaft and flex.

I’m curious as to which config folks here would recommend I look towards. I swing at 95 mph. I have a smoother/slower tempo that gets along great with my 3w Reg flex but hates my stiff shaft in my old driver. I’m going to get the tour length in one of the 2 heads as I’m short (5’7”) and don’t get along with most newer, longer shafts. I actually like smaller style club heads, but being a higher handicapper, not sure if the extra size of the Xtreme would outweigh my psychological aversion. I also don’t know which shaft I should go with. Was leaning towards the Tensei Blue.
Neither of my local places have the tour length to hit.

I’m curious as to which config folks here would recommend I look towards. I swing at 95 mph. I have a smoother/slower tempo that gets along great with my 3w Reg flex but hates my stiff shaft in my old driver. I’m going to get the tour length in one of the 2 heads as I’m short (5’7”) and don’t get along with most newer, longer shafts. I actually like smaller style club heads, but being a higher handicapper, not sure if the extra size of the Xtreme would outweigh my psychological aversion. I also don’t know which shaft I should go with. Was leaning towards the Tensei Blue.
Neither of my local places have the tour length to hit.

my swings are typically 92 to 97 with 94/5 as a routine number. I had the Tensei Blue Stiff in a club I picked up in June. Full length shaft/head combo and I could rarely get more the 93mph out of it . That in itself not as concerning as I could not find any consistency in ball flight and in 150 to 200 swings hit near perfect balls maybe 2 times. I was so inconsistent with the club that I did not want to cut the shaft down to my normal 44.25 ideal length. Given my brother-in-law broke the tensei blue and it was replaced by another brand stiff shaft I know for sure now the head was not the issue. It was a shaft fitment issue with my swing.

I can't help but wonder if my swing was too slow to load the Tensei blue stiff. Regular might have been better fit.

For the extreme I ordered, since I could not get fit, I took a shaft I know and hit well and found something in the same brand with help from the shaft maker. May not work but to me seems better then a complete guess.

Second consecutive round with no lost balls or penalties.

With the extreme mode they definitely improved the forgiveness/accuracy across the face. When I keep a nice tight swing club does all the work. Such a great driver

paired with the helium i’m getting superior carry to my F9

With the extreme mode they definitely improved the forgiveness/accuracy across the face. When I keep a nice tight swing club does all the work. Such a great driver

Very nice! This thing is certainly forgiving. I live on the toe of mine and it more often than not goes straight. I had a decent day with mine as well today, especially on the back 9.

The most accurate driver I’ve ever played. Even with my less than perfect swing, I enjoyed my best driving year this season. More fairways hit and most misses remained playable. Would have liked more distance but that will come with an improved swing. I had two streaks this year of using the same ball. The first was 49 holes and then I finished the year on a 23 hole streak. Those numbers were aided by keeping the driver in play.

The most accurate driver I’ve ever played. Even with my less than perfect swing, I enjoyed my best driving year this season. More fairways hit and most misses remained playable. Would have liked more distance but that will come with an improved swing. I had two streaks this year of using the same ball. The first was 49 holes and then I finished the year on a 23 hole streak. Those numbers were aided by keeping the driver in play.

Great streaks with the same ball!

The 23 that is still current was i

The current streak of 23 is impressive with it being played in early November with leaves all over the course. I’ll start next season with that same ball.

before we started yesterday I reminded my group that any ball hit off the fairway should be assumed lost and if they find it call it bonus. so many leaves and angle of sun is so tough.

To go 23 holes is great! I love talk fairways in regulation!

Man I had a really good day with this yesterday. Had one weird sequence during the round though. It’s our “Santa Scramble” so two man scramble for those wondering. On 11, my partner tops his ball into the waste area off the tee and I step up and hit one about as good as I can hit it. Get up there and cannot find the ball. The wet conditions ate it, lol. We ended up going back to the tee unfortunately, but still that was just an all around great ball. I’d really like to know where it stopped.

Man I had a really good day with this yesterday. Had one weird sequence during the round though. It’s our “Santa Scramble” so two man scramble for those wondering. On 11, my partner tops his ball into the waste area off the tee and I step up and hit one about as good as I can hit it. Get up there and cannot find the ball. The wet conditions ate it, lol. We ended up going back to the tee unfortunately, but still that was just an all around great ball. I’d really like to know where it stopped.
That is the worst. Piping one down the fairway, only to be lost into the unknown.

That is the worst. Piping one down the fairway, only to be lost into the unknown.

Oh man it stunk! Wet conditions plus leaves this time of year proved to be too much lol.

Oh man it stunk! Wet conditions plus leaves this time of year proved to be too much lol.
Next fall round I might bring my own blower to the course. Need to clean the leaves almost continuously off the greens, plus I could sweep a larger area that my feet and an iron so while searching for the shots :ROFLMAO:

Back