Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Where setup produced your best results?

What could make you buy the new Rad Speed?

New Shaft?

New Weights

Or just new Club period?

Finally getting more consistent with the Speedzone driver. I think I will move back to the longer shaft as I tried tour length this last season. It performed well though and with some swing changes I have been able to hit it very well the last couple outings. We will have to see what 2021 brings for the driver.

Finally getting more consistent with the Speedzone driver. I think I will move back to the longer shaft as I tried tour length this last season. It performed well though and with some swing changes I have been able to hit it very well the last couple outings. We will have to see what 2021 brings for the drive

I really had to test all different setups with the tour length. Finally found that when I addressed the ball more off the toe, I got great contact. Good luck

Just dropped bombs with this guy today after puting the LinQ 3w shaft back in. Several well over 300 yards, has straightened out as well. One out to 340.
I think someone got the memo his replacement was set for preorder later this week.

Last edited:
Just dropped bombs with this guy today after putting the LinQ 3w shaft back in. Several well over 300 yards, has straightened out as well.
I think someone got the memo his replacement was set for preorder later this week.
Glad you didn't do it before Oct! ;) Would that shaft straighten me out any?

Just can’t say enough good things about this driver. Wish I had tried it sooner. Purchased it when they dropped the price and no way I’m removing it.

The price on these drivers over at Budget Golf right now is insane. Like run there now good. it is such a great driver. I have had mine since February and it still looks nearly brand new, except for some really minor brush marks on the sole from hitting the ground. It is by far the best driver you can buy for the money right now, in my opinion.

Got to hit the Xtreme for the first time today on the driving range. I am coming from playing a 9 degree ts2 with evenflow white shaft. Xtreme is one I won having 12 degree with hzrdus yellow shaft. Not sure if it was the driver loft and/or the shaft but my good shots were moon shots. I think the ts2 may fit me a little more (maybe i just like the evenflow shaft more than the hzrdus 🤷‍♂️). Probably too early to tell especially since I was dang rusty. Hopefully will learn more playing this weekend

Played first round of the year today and the Xtreme performed admirably again today. Still not my favorite sounding/feeling driver on the market but there is no denying the forgiveness and playability of this head.

The head is very forgiving for sure. My first 3-4 rounds with it in winter golf I was pleased but wondering about my shaft. 2 weeks ago started to swing a bit better but was not impressive. Made a few more adjustments this past Saturday and was the best driving day of my long golf tenure. I hit the 3h even better but both were very good. I had 6 drives that were as good as I will ever hit a driver; midhigh not a bit of wobble and straight as an arrow.

I hit one poorly that got up in the air that the guys were yelling praise on. Way up high in the face. Certainly not like the 6 perfectos but playable. Distance on the 6 was about 15 yards longer then normal best but conditions were soft. I'd get 40 yards of roll in June with the same swings.

Can't say enough good things about the new Rogue shafts in this head. I'm just playing the regular shaft and my swing was mid to upper 90's on Saturday in 40 degree temps and the ball flight was simply to die for and I think I could swing 5mph faster and it would be just as stable

Had a good round yesterday with the Xtreme. Played 9 holes, and hit 2 of the 5 fairways when I pulled driver. Not great, but what I enjoyed were the misses weren't too far offline. The last hole was a tight par 4, and I was hesitant to pull driver, but did and although it wasn't a fairway, it was only 5 feet or so off of it and I still had a good look at the green. Overall, finding more comfort with it, and very happy with the dispersion, especially on misses.

Sill rocking the SpeedZone 9* with the LIN-Q Gunmetal, and still hunting fairways. This is just so easy to hit its ridiculous.

3E343BDC-22A3-400E-9B77-EE0F313F98DF.jpeg

I played poorly yesterday related to iron play and bad leaves but in retrospect hit 11/14 fairways. Only one drive was really bad. Had a drive on 17 that looked like the horific drive Bryson hit yesterday on 4. ((( did make me feel a bit better;))))

second week in a row where I was able to hit low-mid trajectory bullets. Never in my life did I think I could hit a drive so low or straight. I'm now outdriving my playing partners about 20 yards per hole. If I mis-hit and they hit well then they might get me by a yard or two. I'm sure when saturated fairways are gone I will pick up another 20 to 30 yards.

Have had the Speedzone driver in the bag for the last few rounds and can't say enough good things about the driver so far. I have gained distance without losing accuracy from my Hogan GS53. Should be adding the 3 wood to the bag soon as well.

Heading into the season I had planned on replacing the Speedzone with the Radspeed but wanted to get a proper fitting before doing so. As I had been swamped at work lately, I hadn't gotten around to setting up an appointment to get fit. Weather took an advantageous turn early this year, so went to the course with what would have been my MC setup from last year. The driver has come alive this year- No changes to my swing other than forcing myself to be deliberate in my motions instead of just trying to go all out speed.

I'm now having to adjust to life playing a straight to baby draw versus the right of right I'd have to account for last year. Distance wise I'm seeing similar numbers to what I saw at the tail end of last year, in the 245-260 range early in the season when it's not quite as warm out. Guess it just took a little time to warm up ;)

I have a few rounds in this spring with the awesome Avalanche SpeedZone Extreme that I won here on THP right at the end of last season. So far it has been nothing but positives. It has been finding fairways for me, and seems to be quite playable when I move around the face a little. Pretty consistent on trajectory and curvature. I have also had a few notably strong carry numbers. I am playing the 9* head at standard settings so far, and that shaft pairing with Aldila Rogue 110 60S is working well.

I have a few rounds in this spring with the awesome Avalanche SpeedZone Extreme that I won here on THP right at the end of last season. So far it has been nothing but positives. It has been finding fairways for me, and seems to be quite playable when I move around the face a little. Pretty consistent on trajectory and curvature. I have also had a few notably strong carry numbers. I am playing the 9* head at standard settings so far, and that shaft pairing with Aldila Rogue 110 60S is working well.

I'm having good success with the Rogue 110 60R in my Extreme as well. Not much said about this shaft on THP but I have become a fan given my swing. I'm not sure of my swing speed but roughly 95mph and the regular shows no signs of stability loss. I've lowered my ball flight and in the last round ran the ball through end of fairway on 4 holes.

Threw this Combo together today.

49A74717-6A10-4DB5-8055-DAC4CEC3FA4A.jpeg77F90A0F-D419-4DCE-83C8-5DB4C0D3F275.jpeg

That will turn heads! I've got golf shoes to match that shaft:p well at least my laces

I've played with shafts in my extreme and had some success at times but nothing as good as my original order. Something very important about knowing what my ball will do when I have less then my best swing and playing with a bit of bias in case my less then best shines through

That will turn heads! I've got golf shoes to match that shaft:p well at least my laces

I've played with shafts in my extreme and had some success at times but nothing as good as my original order. Something very important about knowing what my ball will do when I have less then my best swing and playing with a bit of bias in case my less then best shines through
Here’s my shoes lol
C9F8E348-E5E9-46DE-8EE9-17BE556C6C48.jpeg

Put the SZ Xtreme 12* with Graphite Design YS Nano reloaded into the bag about a month ago.

Owned this combo last year but bailed on it too soon perhaps. Saw some decent results with it so I took it on a work trip this week to the Baltimore area. Played a couple new to me courses and shot 84 and 77. The first round I was +5 after two holes at no fault of the driver. So played pretty well otherwise hitting 64% and 75% FIR.

Also I never attempt to work the ball with the driver as I prefer hitting a draw. But there was a long par 5 that a draw would have been dead and required a cut. I setup for it and nearly over cut it. So it’s cool to know I have that shot if necessary.

playing tomorrow locally and excited to hit it again.

I never had much luck with my Xtreme, always found it sat too open and gave me the high rights almost constantly. Also seemed to give up about 20 yards off the tee to my Epic Flash. But it always bugged me because I love the look of it and all the reports in this thread saying how forgiving it is. So......I took it out to the course for the last few rounds and for some reason it's come alive. Still hit the odd clunker, but is completely user error on those. Mixture between swing tweaks, teeing it up lower and working on timing seems to have made it a completely different driver. Still not as long as the EF, but it is an absolute monster for finding fairways a lot of the time. What was I doing wasting so much time!!

Back