Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Bought my extreme during pandemic and was not fit. however, i wanted to lower my ball flight and the combo I have is doing that on most of my swings. Last week I hit 8 fairways and was just off on 2. what I found interesting is that I just pured 4 of my drives. could not do better on a range with a bucket of balls. I find really pure shots happening relatively commonly with the extreme.

On 6 last week, I somehow mis-hit the ball. My partner was not watching but he said that sounded bad. As we got near our balls, he asked whos ball was on the fairway and with decent distance. He was a bit surprised when I said mine(y)

Nutting a few balls and having a decent outcome when I bring less then my best strike. love it

Not sure how long it's been like this but was brought to my attention something was missing from my driver head yesterday.
20210712_083358.jpg
Now I know why it wasn't as consistent as it was last year! Because I know it surely isn't me! HAHA. Have sent off an email to see if there is something that can be done.

EDIT:

Already received a shipping label to send the head back in for them to look at!

Last edited:
Driver head sent off and going to miss it until it returns.

The Tour Issue Rogue Sub Zero is ready to stand in!

Received the driver head back today...in the same condition as it was sent out. I responsed to original email sent about the missing weights, completely at a loss. No note, reason, or documentation was included in the package.

Logged another ticket as I wasn't getting any responses to email. Copied the original shipment info.

They sent another call tag and apologies for not doing anything before sending it back last time. Another 2 weeks but should get fixed this time.

best day of driving in my lifetime today after a 3 week layoff. i was tired and dehydrated before we even tee'd off at 7:30am from working in extreme heat the past two days. We had the round planned for weeks or I would have cancelled. I just took a full backswing and let the club swing itself as I was too tired to put anything on my downswing.

Officially 10 GIR's but that is less then the full story.

20 yards longer then normal, dead straight bombs on 6 holes to within feet of my target. My worst drive was a fade 20 yards off the fairway on #4 but I was long and hit a 5i into a very long par 4 and landed on the collar.

makes me think the extreme has much more in the tank if I can do my part.

My Speedzone Extreme should be coming in tomorrow. Has an Oban Kyoshi White shaft in it. Going to this from a Sim, hopefully it works out lol.

Last edited:
Driver head came back today fixed...whohoo! Going back in the bag for Mondays tournament!

Found a Speedzone Extreme head in 9.0 with 3 shafts:
1 - Hzrdus Smoke Green (Stiff)
2 - Fujikura Fuel (Stiff)
3 - Fujikura pro tour spec stiff

I have a 100-105mph swing speed with a fairly aggressive tempo. Has anyone hit any of these possible combos?

Found a Speedzone Extreme head in 9.0 with 3 shafts:
1 - Hzrdus Smoke Green (Stiff)
2 - Fujikura Fuel (Stiff)
3 - Fujikura pro tour spec stiff

I have a 100-105mph swing speed with a fairly aggressive tempo. Has anyone hit any of these possible combos?
Whats your typical ball flight?

I struggled with high hooks with my old driver
Well you should love the Xtreme at 9* then. The ball will launch high though so you may need to loft down even but it definitely has a fade bias from my experience.

Got a round out on Saturday with the Fujikura Tour Spec shaft in it. Overall I am happy with the results I saw - WAY forgiving compared to my old driver, and good distance.
The sound is a cross between hitting a costco sized tin can of tomatoes and a yelping dog though.

I've been very happy with my SpeedZone Extreme. After some shaft experimentation, I landed on the LinQ Purple and have had good distance and dispersions. We'll see if Cobra can knock it out of the bag in 2022. As good as it's been, that'll be a tough go.

Back