Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Having hit it, and hypothetically speaking it was going to make it's way into you bag-- which driver would it replace?

I try not to go with lower spin drivers in the shorter club. I prefer something with quick launch and fairly shallow in that spot so I can hit it off the deck.

I cant tell if its the newness, knowing the tech or the sound but I freaking crave hitting this thing. I have now seen all of the 2020 products and this stands up with all of them and better than a couple that will be highly touted I am sure.

Is it an improvement over the F9, in your opinion? If yes, how so?

I'm still thinking we should just tell DB and the boys to put a cobra tip on my custom whenever it gets done!

@Jman, I am thinking the EXACT same thing. LOL.

All models? Do you prefer Speedzone or the Extreme?
Based on my part experience, I am leaning towards the SpeedZone in 10.5. I need some help with a higher launch angle. But I am going into this with a full open mind and a plan to make 2020 the year when I get my swing repeatable and my driver to be consistent. I had a really rough go off the tee at PGA National and I am never going to let that happen again.

Based on my part experience, I am leaning towards the SpeedZone in 10.5. I need some help with a higher launch angle. But I am going into this with a full open mind and a plan to make 2020 the year when I get my swing repeatable and my driver to be consistent. I had a really rough go off the tee at PGA National and I am never going to let that happen again.

HIgher Launch? Sounds like you need EXTREME

HIgher Launch? Sounds like you need EXTREME
I really like the heavier weight forward option, but I am not opposed to the extreme. JB suggested I work on teeing the ball higher, and I have started to work on that with good results. I think the 10.5 SZ would be in the Goldilocks SpeedZone (see what I did there) for me. I am also going to try to get some shaft-based launch help. Got some great knowledge from talking with Danny Le and following along with the PX experience a couple months ago.

For an upcoming test this weekend. Who reigns supreme.

A23ED7F6-1E2E-4313-BD91-602A663D06CE.jpeg

View attachment 8918788

I cannot wait to see numbers between these two. Can you please test regular version with weight forward and back to see the spin #'s please

I cannot wait to see numbers between these two. Can you please test regular version with weight forward and back to see the spin #'s please

I would guess the difference between weight forward and back in the SZ would be about 300 to 400. I would be very curious to see the comparison between weight back on the SZ and the Xtreme.

I need to hit this soon and see what all the buzz is about.

I need to hit this soon and see what all the buzz is about.

Unfortunately, it is not yet available for most of us to hit, but January will be here soon enough.

looking forward to the numbers. Have you decided which shaft you are going to use?

The person swinging is a cobra user and was fit for PX Yellow.

The F9 was one of those drivers that was just fun to hit, but got just edged out by the EF in the consistency department for me. As a G400+ fan though, the Xtreme has my full attention. If they can pack that type of forgiveness and distance into a better sounding package, I may have to order a 9˚ on principle alone.

Ugh. I need a preorder already.

So anxious to hit this.

Very interested in seeing another set of testing for spin differences between the two and see which one works out better here.

The person swinging is a cobra user and was fit for PX Yellow.

very nice. Can't wait for the feedback, I know Cobra is pretty excited about this one.

View attachment 8918788
I think these will be a statistical draw. I'm hoping the spin on the SpeedZone is just a little less than the F9
I have the F9 in Y/B and I'd switch to the SZ white/matte black in a heartbeat just b/c it looks so good.
(plus I'm in CLE so y/b doesn't work well here)

Back