Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Stopped in Golf Galaxy today just to see if they had some of the new drivers sitting out. They sure looked nice. Excited to see how this thing performs.

I finally got to see the matte White head and oh man is it a looker. I definitely prefer the look of the white head vs the yellow.
Amen, brother. I went to the superstore today and I didn’t hate yellow, but loved the white.

How often do you all change your Irons&Drivers? personally i don't like change my irons very often unless a sizable difference in performance.However drivers are another story.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How often do you all change your Irons&Drivers? personally i don't like change my irons very often unless a sizable difference in performance.However drivers are another story.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I change a lot more after finding THP. Before this place, I changed irons infrequently and woods slightly more. I have bought more putters than anything else. I had my ping irons 2007 until changing to Callaway in 2019. But I am getting all new Cobra gear in 2020 and super excited.

I change a lot more after finding THP. Before this place, I changed irons infrequently and woods slightly more. I have bought more putters than anything else. I had my ping irons 2007 until changing to Callaway in 2019. But I am getting all new Cobra gear in 2020 and super excited.
I am pumped about the cobra gear and I just got the jpx 919 tours not too long ago.

Amen, brother. I went to the superstore today and I didn’t hate yellow, but loved the white.

It’s tough, isn’t it, when color is such a big decision.

It’s tough, isn’t it, when color is such a big decision.
They had a pink one. I am slightly ashamed of liking that so much.

That's great, you're jumping right in! Cant wait to hear your initial thoughts!
Never happened in the end! I went into the main shop, and the guy there was so uninterested in even speaking to me that I just walked out. I’m going to look somewhere else today.

Tomooooooooorrrrrooooowwwwww!

So far I can't find these locally to test. Grrr. :mad:
I went last week and my local place didnt have them in yet either. Hopefully soon!

At least someone has seen them in the wild so we know they are out there and should be here soon.

I tried the speed zone again a couple days ago while I was trying the Mavrik and Sim drivers. I don't know why, but all 3 times I've tried the speedzone I've lost ballspeed. It's strange. I like the feel, and I love the sound. But I averaged about 5mph less ballspeed than I did with the Marvik and Sim. Even comparing my best shots with the 3, Speedzone was lower. 161 Mavrik, 160 Sim, 156 Speedzone. Strange considering while testing last year the F9 was one of the higher ballspeed drivers I hit.

I tried the speed zone again a couple days ago while I was trying the Mavrik and Sim drivers. I don't know why, but all 3 times I've tried the speedzone I've lost ballspeed. It's strange. I like the feel, and I love the sound. But I averaged about 5mph less ballspeed than I did with the Marvik and Sim. Even comparing my best shots with the 3, Speedzone was lower. 161 Mavrik, 160 Sim, 156 Speedzone. Strange considering while testing last year the F9 was one of the higher ballspeed drivers I hit.

Odd. Were you hitting it center of face with the speedzone?

Last edited:
One thing to add with the Pink vs the Yellow/White Xtreme - Pink goes to 14° other only goes ti 13.5°

How was your

Odd. Were you hitting it center of face with the speedzone?
Yeah I can't explain it. I even went back and forth between drivers to mix it up. Same thing... hit one with mavrik at 158, 153 cobra, 160 mavrik, 154 cobra. All decent strikes.

I went and hit this today - I love, love, love how the Yellow in particular looks, and really like Infinity Face and the whole package. I hit the Standard head with HZRDUS Yellow, and tried both 9 and 10* settings. I definitely had a rickety mid-winter fressh off the couch swing, and still I thought it was pretty forgiving. I didn't light up the ballspeed meter today, but I'd like to experiment some more with shafts - there were somewhat limited options. Looking forward to another bout of testing.

Yeah I can't explain it. I even went back and forth between drivers to mix it up. Same thing... hit one with mavrik at 158, 153 cobra, 160 mavrik, 154 cobra. All decent strikes.

I pretty much had same results today, on the same comparison. MPH for MPH, literally.

Back