Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

I went to check out the clubs at PGA store as well. Very nice looking and the milled face looks awesome in person. Next week I will go hit some. (y)

I am thinking yellow for me.

The Xtreme dispersion has been awesome to this point.
With my cap, Xtreme is likely the way I am leaning for a bit more forgiveness.

With my cap, Xtreme is likely the way I am leaning for a bit more forgiveness.
I think you will enjoy it. It is very long as well, I really don’t think you are losing too much vs. the standard. I bought the Ventus shaft which offsets a little spin. I know you didn’t get along the Ventus, but you can find a right match up and create a beautiful combination.

Here is the TrackMan report from my first session with the SpeedZone driver. Don’t get caught up in the distance, because TrackMan was set for our elevation of 4,000 feet (but it could give guidance to Morgan Cup participants). Look at dispersion, ball speed, spin, launch, etc. The numbers are pretty close to optimal, although I wouldn’t mind the spin being a few hundred lower, but that is a very minor critique.

8AD9E57E-AEE3-41F5-B3A4-92254703A9D6.pngA067AE98-8CCB-4B40-9B0E-78B278E7E3D4.png

As a followup, look at the TrackMan optimizer analysis. The numbers are dead on for what you would want to see.

CE1DC96C-5F75-419F-B097-56DA3888AEFD.png

As a followup, look at the TrackMan optimizer analysis. The numbers are dead on for what you would want to see.

View attachment 8923665

I wish I could get my attack, club, & faces angles to look like that. Well, they do they just have - in front of them. ?

View attachment 8923665
Those are pretty much awesome. Let’s get that spin down a touch if you want to square out another few yards but it certainly isn’t needed. My guess is the ball could do that.

Those are pretty much awesome. Let’s get that spin down a touch if you want to square out another few yards but it certainly isn’t needed. My guess is the ball could do that.

This was with a Pro V1X, so, yes, a lower spin ball gets me 5 more yards.

This was with a Pro V1X, so, yes, a lower spin ball gets me 5 more yards.
Eh, 5 yards isn’t going to change a thing with your game. Keep the short game control. Great numbers (and soooo consistent).

Here is the TrackMan report from my first session with the SpeedZone driver. Don’t get caught up in the distance, because TrackMan was set for our elevation of 4,000 feet (but it could give guidance to Morgan Cup participants). Look at dispersion, ball speed, spin, launch, etc. The numbers are pretty close to optimal, although I wouldn’t mind the spin being a few hundred lower, but that is a very minor critique.

View attachment 8923662View attachment 8923663
Nice numbers there TP! I see you have the Big Tour FW. How is the spin and launch on that bad boy?

Nice numbers there TP! I see you have the Big Tour FW. How is the spin and launch on that bad boy?

I don’t have it yet. I am planning on it being the 3 wood, but I need to test it.

Eh, 5 yards isn’t going to change a thing with your game. Keep the short game control. Great numbers (and soooo consistent).

Thanks, Gary. The consistency is what I am thrilled about. A lot of those balls are landing almost on the line. I have now had my second session with this driver and the dispersion was off the charts good again. It’s going to put me in good shape for approach shots, if I can replicate it outside.

I don’t have it yet. I am planning on it being the 3 wood, but I need to test it.
Cool. Will be looking for your review as it is on my short list. (y)

View attachment 8923662View attachment 8923663
Nice, my driver swing speed is right in line with this (y)

Thanks, Gary. The consistency is what I am thrilled about. A lot of those balls are landing almost on the line. I have now had my second session with this driver and the dispersion was off the charts good again. It’s going to put me in good shape for approach shots, if I can replicate it outside.
:surrender:

You Had at Dispersion.... And Then ,

5 more yards!

The Club is sitting on the Tarmac heading my way.

FedEx Ground better move it.

Pronto. :friends::joy::rockon::Puma::cobra:

Cobra makes the lie angles more upright as the driver loft increases.

All slower swing-speed players cast over the top, they think.

Very annoying to seniors with good swings.

Cobra makes the lie angles more upright as the driver loft increases.

All slower swing-speed players cast over the top, they think.

Very annoying to seniors with good swings.

Does ordering a 12* and lowering the loft help?

I dont know what it is with the F9 and new SpeedZone, but both drivers I cant get the spin under 2800. Literally every other driver (M5/6, Epic Flash and sz. Mavrik/sz, SIM, TS3, ST190, Hogan) I routinely keep below 2500.

Last year and this year ive had driver fittings and no matter what shaft we tried in the Cobra drivers it just spins a ton. Ball speed is good yes, but always the shortest distance due to spin. I've tried 9* with weight in front in both models but has not worked. Even with an attack angle of +3 I spin it way too much

I dont know what it is with the F9 and new SpeedZone, but both drivers I cant get the spin under 2800. Literally every other driver (M5/6, Epic Flash and sz. Mavrik/sz, SIM, TS3, ST190, Hogan) I routinely keep below 2500.

Last year and this year ive had driver fittings and no matter what shaft we tried in the Cobra drivers it just spins a ton. Ball speed is good yes, but always the shortest distance due to spin. I've tried 9* with weight in front in both models but has not worked. Even with an attack angle of +3 I spin it way too much
Did you trip to lower the loft to 7.5

So. I hit this yesterday.

:friends::Puma:

Good looking club. I've always like what Cobra has to offer

Back